Writer's Paradise discussion

Writers N-T > Tall non-fat white chocolate mocha.

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Moody (rachelmoody) Hi! Ok... so... background story:
Last month my boyfriend bought me a journal and a nice pen, and challenged me to fill it up. To write something on every page, as a way to express myself and channel some excess emotions that I had at the time. It sounded fun, and I thought it was a neat idea. But you see, I believe the journal is cursed, for every time I pick it up the most stubborn case of writers block descends upon me.
Yesterday, I found this group. I really, really want to write sooomething, but I have no idea what! I've been racking my brain for a month now, trying to come up with some sort of idea, and I've got... nuthin. So any tips on how to get started would be extremely appreciated. :)
Nice to meet you all!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) okay, imagine this. this is a writing prompt i picked up at my library and im using it as we speak:

you are in a bus station in new york. out of nowhere a gypsy comes up to you and hands you a tarot card with 8 symbols. use this in a story taht begins with 'it seems almost impossible to go back to the split second when it all started....'

cheers,
mimi

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Moody (rachelmoody) Oh that's cool! Thanks, I'll definitely try something with that today.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) XD okay. glad to help. ive gotten absolutely nowhere with it....

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments LOL

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel This was a brain teaser written on the board when I was in the 5th grade. A man wakes up in a room with a table and no doors or windows. How does he get out of the room?

I started a story a couple years ago based on this but i deleted my ending (bad, bad, awful :)) and am stuck fo a new one. Oh and RachelCaitlin your thread title makes me thirsty :)

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Moody (rachelmoody) Lol sorry :p same here... every time I log on, I'm like, man I really want one of those. Especially today. It's all rainy and dark and perfect warm coffee weather.

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Yeah and I still wanted one even though I had just had a peppermint hot cocoa

message 9: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1367 comments welcome!

message 10: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (last edited Feb 12, 2009 03:33AM) (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
Morning Rachel,

wishing you a great day of writing :)

message 11: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments eww... coffee. *gags*

message 12: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Its a Gilmore Girl "thang" ;]

message 13: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Yuck.

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel ooh Gilmore Girls :)

message 15: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments coffee is so... bitter. :/

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I'm not a big fan of regular coffee but white chocolate mochas are really sweet.

message 17: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

<--loves flavored coffee, yum-o

message 18: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments :::::::::::::::::::::::::://///////////

message 19: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 727 comments Mod
Tink, I know how you feel. But I have extra coffee/mocha sensors on my tongue or something, because the taste is always REALLY strong if I happen to accidentally get it in my mouth. And of course, there's the smell. It makes me nauseated when I have nothing in my stomach in the morning.

message 20: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Eww, the smell's the worst.

message 21: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments *Inhales, imagining coffee brewing* Mmmm... =)

message 22: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments EWWWWW

message 23: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments lol!

message 24: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Hmph.

message 25: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Cheer up Tink! You know what you've got to do when life (or coffee) get you down? As Kenzie's title says: Just keep writing. Just keep writing. Just keep writing, writing, writing. What do we do? We write-ite. Oh-ho-ho-ho we love to wri-ite! We LOVE to write! =D

message 26: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

Kenzie | 1305 comments Mod
Tee-hee. Exactly, Elaine! I was hoping someone would catch on. The thing wouldn't let me post all that. It's too long.

message 27: by Elaine (last edited Feb 16, 2009 05:38PM) (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments LOL! I just realized that you changed it! I know, I've tried to do long ones too, but it won't let me.

message 28: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

Kenzie | 1305 comments Mod
It stinks. :/ I wish I could fit it all. But at least someone picked up on it. :)

message 29: by Elaine (last edited Feb 16, 2009 05:41PM) (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Yep. :( Being a Finding Nemo lover, I'd be ashamed if I hadn't! =) *sigh* I love that movie...

message 30: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Me too! I'm going to try to write another chapter of Listener tonight.