Interracial and African American Paranormal discussion

Random Discussions > The image disparity: cover art versus imagination.

Comments (showing 1-2 of 2) (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thomas (last edited Oct 02, 2012 10:33PM) (new)

Thomas Duder (thomasduder) Seriously. I hate it when the hero/heroine, they way they're described and the way they're in your imagination, just doesn't match up with the cover art.

I blame Steven Barnes. The dude writes AWESOMELY, and does action scenes the way they SHOULD be done, y'know?

I read Gorgon Child first, which is an amazing, brutal, post-Earthquake ravaged earth of tomorrow kinda book. Just simply freakin' brilliant.

Gorgon Child (Aubrey Knight, #2) by Steven Barnes

That is Aubry Knight, the way he was written, the way he was in my head and still is. Nullboxer. Killer. Redeemed Murderer. Warrior.

Hero.

Then, after ten years, I finally acquired the book that came before Gorgon Child, Streetlethal.

Streetlethal (Aubrey Knight, #1) by Steven Barnes

I DO NOT KNOW WHO THE HELL THAT IS. WHO IS THAT? THAT DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE THE SAME GUY.

I know, I know, the cover art is done by two completely different people. That's obvious.

But...just...what were they THINKING?! The second guy got it! Why didn't the first guy?

I know this is before the era of the Internuggets and what-not, but seriously...SERIOUSLY.

No.

So. Now that I've got THAT off my burly, mansome chest, have any of y'all ever run across that kinda mess, where the cover art just doesn't match the description or your imagination? If so, what book was it?

~Thomas Duder

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Duder (thomasduder) Hell, Aubry in Streetlethal apparently looks like Steve McQueen with a bronze tan.

Ugh.