Who Came up with Person Man? discussion

Little Nemo: in Slumberland

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rayroy (last edited Oct 02, 2012 02:30PM) (new)

Rayroy (LomaxLeSpark) | 7 comments So has anyone ever heard of it, it's from the early 1900's, was in color and newspaper size. In "Against The Day" Thomas Pynchon uses "Little Nemo: In Slumberland" as inspiration for the Chums of Chance in "Against the Day", Tyrone Slothrop reads "Plastic Man Comics" on a beach in France in "Gravity's Rainbow",seems Thomas Pyhon is a comic book fan. Alan Moore, "Watchmen", is said to be a fan of Thomas Pynchon. I hear the Little Nemo comics are hard to come by and cost serious bank.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw the animated movie as a kid and remember liking it. Probably because of the giant nightmare monster though. I had no idea the Chums of Chance were based off this though. Reminds me I need to try and read that book. Sigh. The labor that is Pynchon.

message 3: by Sesana (new)

Sesana I've seen the animated movie, and heard really wonderful things about the original comics. I'd love to read them. Somebody could make a mint publishing a more or less reasonably priced edition, and I really wish they'd get on it.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam Quixote (SamQuixote) Wasn't this a NES game?

message 5: by Sesana (new)

Sesana Yes, it was! Looking at screenshots, I think I played that game, back in the day.

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam Quixote (SamQuixote) Oh yeah, I definitely played that! Pretty fun as I recall. Those old game covers were really good.