The Outsiders The Outsiders discussion

Book Review of The Outsiders

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Britney (new)

Britney The book "The Outsiders" is by S. E. Hinton. From what I have read online about the book, there are two main status groups of people. the rich kids are called the "Socs" and the poorer people call themselves "Greasers". From what I have read online, There is a huge fued between the Socs and the Greasers. I have read about the first page or so and have found out that it is not good to go out alone if you are a Greaser. I have also read some reviews and I am not ready to read the end. Some people said they cried there eyes out at the end. I hope I don't cry.

Cristine Mcguire "the outsiders" is one of my favorite books, i cried when i read it, and when i watched the movie, but it would be sad if you never finished such a great book.

Mala Hussain I read this book over twenty years ago and it has stayed in my heart ever since. A wonderful book.

Barbara I read this MANY years ago and it is STILL my favorite book today. Writing just doesn't get much better than that. Finish the book. You'll be glad you did.

Linda My son did this for Lit and I just couldn't understand why!!!! I really didn't like it and didn't like the style either. I read a copy once with a preface by Jodi Picoult - which was much more enjoyable than the book! I couldn't have cared less about the end - I'm not sure why. I am really amazed that it became the classic that it is.

Barbara Really? Huh. Oh, well. Not everything is for everyone.

message 7: by Britney (new)

Britney I still loved the book. I really want to watch the movie though.

message 8: by Elizabeth (last edited Nov 01, 2012 08:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth I read this book when I was in fifth grade at the middle school. I thought that this book was really good and interesting. Almost every year I read this book over!! It’s one of many favorites of mine!!!

Abigail I just read it and thought it was pretty good.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

If I had to rate it from a scale of one to ten, I would go for ten!

Abigail I am watching the movie now and Is sooo good!!! I luv the book too!!

Brittany Britney wrote: "I still loved the book. I really want to watch the movie though."

The movie is alright, not as god as the book, but worth watching.

Abigail yea i know.