Once Upon a Time (TV Show) discussion

Characters > Mr. Gold, aka Rumplestiltskin/Crocodile/De BEAST

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (Klymene) | 214 comments Mod
He's so messed up, but the one thing he'll never give up is Belle.

message 2: by Raina (new)

Raina (_rainatrivedi) if he wasnt on this show there wouldnt be a ouat. think about it. he does have all the potions and stuff

message 3: by Katerina (new)

Hmm, he's the creation of the problems, but I don't think he's the story, although his story is definitely important.

message 4: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Siareen | 144 comments Mod
His personal story may not be so important, but let's not forget that he pops up in every other story. I think that is where his importance lies- he is the one that pushes everything into happening. Without him, there would be no curse to begin with.

Apart from that, I think he is the most awesome character in the whole show.

message 5: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments I've always had a special place for Regina but he is my second favorite character.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Siareen. Without Rumple, there would be no Evil Curse, or Evil Queen for that matter. And, also, he knows *exactly* what he's doing. He plans ahead way in advance and thinks of everything. So he's a really shrewd guy and he's pretty much what pushes the story forward. I think if I took the time to trace back every single one of the problems in OUAT, they would probably all lead back to Rumplestiltskin.

message 7: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Hey, Klmye, if you're going to call him a crocodile, call him a beast as well :)

Of course all the problems lead back to Rumple. He's just awesome like that.

message 8: by Katerina (new)

Yup. Done. But the thing is, all problems lead back to Rumple for a reason! Everything was done in a process to get his son back. Wellll... everything, I think, except for him meeting Belle.

message 9: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments Okay so I have another theory on Bae. What if he turns out to be Peter Pan? Any thoughts?

message 10: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (last edited Nov 11, 2012 12:00AM) (new)

Hmmm. that would be really evil of Hook, but I can totally see it working :) Except that it's Milah's son and he loves her. Maybe that's how the connection starts off, and then when Milah dies, he takes it out on Bae/Peter

message 11: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments Well, he doesn't really care about the fact that he is her son since he never offered to have Bae come with the both of them when they ran away together. So I doubt he would have any issues using Bae to get to Gold.

message 12: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments Oh anyone else notice the continuity issue with Rumple's time line? He was in the ogre wars but Regina was the Evil Queen during that time. He also taught Regina everything she knew before the Ogre wars while she was still good and taught he mother. It is not definite if Bae was still around during this but it was commented on between Bae and his one friend who was the young girl that Rumple but an end the the Ogre Wars. BUT Bell's father needed help from Rumple regarding this war and Bae was already gone by this time. I think that in fairytale land he can time jump. That can be the only way to explain it.

message 13: by Katerina (new)

He can't time jump. Then none of this would have happened. He would have fixed his mistakes from the beginning. Check out the Rumplestiltskin wikia page. You'll be able to see what's going on in order there.

message 14: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments Ah I saw it. Makes sense now.

message 15: by Danica (new)

Danica | 8 comments Ya know, sometimes I just want to mush his brains out. But then I realize that if I did, he'd probably kill me.

message 16: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

There isn't a topic for the latest episode yet so I'm posting this epically awesome quote here:

"We need to talk."
"Everyone out! we're closing early!"
"Don't worry, we'll be civil"

message 17: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

So many great Regina-Rumple moments this episode!!! It's even possible to overlook Henry's horrible acting :)
[And not bad Cora-Hook moments either...]

Anyway, another quote:

"So this Cora, she's pretty powerful?"
"Yes. But not as powerful as I."
"Debatable."
"No, actually, it's not."

message 18: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (last edited Nov 26, 2012 06:23AM) (new)

Sorry, Charming and Snow was more painful than Henry...[though some of it was comical]

message 19: by Katerina (new)

SIA YOU CAN MAKE A TOPIC.

I'm sorry.. I forgot to.

message 20: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments I hate when Emma was trying to place blame somewhere and left it at, "Regina, this is all Regina's fault." How short sighted is that?

message 21: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

I know, i know. but i couldn't be bothered to :) it was much easier to do it like this...

message 22: by Rikki (new)

Rikki Chadwick | 32 comments Klymene wrote: "Hmm, he's the creation of the problems, but I don't think he's the story, although his story is definitely important."

But he is the key to everything, and he's in everyone's story ... :)

message 23: by Rikki (new)

Rikki Chadwick | 32 comments Siareen wrote: "His personal story may not be so important, but let's not forget that he pops up in every other story. I think that is where his importance lies- he is the one that pushes everything into happening..."

Agree with most of U're words...:)

message 24: by Rikki (new)

Rikki Chadwick | 32 comments Shai wrote: "I agree with Siareen. Without Rumple, there would be no Evil Curse, or Evil Queen for that matter. And, also, he knows *exactly* what he's doing. He plans ahead way in advance and thinks of everyth..."

Agree with most of U're words...:)

message 25: by Rikki (new)

Rikki Chadwick | 32 comments Keira wrote: "Okay so I have another theory on Bae. What if he turns out to be Peter Pan? Any thoughts?"

Please...

message 26: by Rikki (new)

Rikki Chadwick | 32 comments Now ... I think that the whole story is very good just because they are always surprised by what follows ... not predictable ... And now we can talk about anything, but who knows what will happen by the end of everything ... the only thing I can see is that the rump and the key actions that are all connected with it ... sometimes we do not like it, sometimes love, sometimes sev sympathize with him, sometimes clear, sometimes not ... But all the stories associated with it ...