The Trench discussion

I have been negligent, so here:

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Servius  Heiner  | 360 comments Mod
"The bureaucracy is expanding to support the needs of the bureaucracy."

What do you think about this "stimulus" package? Wasn't the original plan to buy up the toxic debt? what happend to that? It seems to me that pulsons original plan was about the only feasible band-aid. All this crap (tarp) and what they are talking about now isn't going to do anything but expand government control and inefficiency. Just what we need put someone in charge of everything that has brought us such gems as:

The DMV
The USPS
WIC: Woman in crisis; a group that sounds like it is needed until you learn it is publicly funded and there is no checks and balances, it is a system that is full of woman on vacations from their normal lives, on our dime, and not abused battered woman. the WIC housing in Anchorage used to be a resort, hot tubs in every room, spa, and the like. on my dime.

message 2: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments the end goals are deliberately unquantifiable. did the hundred million for STD research save one job? can anyone prove that it didn't?

i sometimes dream that a conservative administration comes in and names me head of the national endowment for the arts. a grant to the carver of ivory pistol grips, a grant to the best naked leopard painted on the side of a van. a grant to a grafitti artist who goes around spray painting the "nancy boy" over the tags of other grafitti artists. any monies left i'd take in singles and distribute to various "dancers" down at jumbo's clown room.

Servius  Heiner  | 360 comments Mod
I think the are two different wic's. Here it is Women in crisis.

message 4: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments The stimulus is really Porkulus. The entire deal was written by Pelosi, and the end game is to payoff liberal interest groups and put a down payment on buying their own reelections in 2010. In the meantime, they willingly drive our ecomomy into the dirt to achieve their ends.

Today in CA they finally put together our state budget. Massive tax increases and a doubling of our already obscene auto licensing fees, all because the Dems refuse to stop increases in spending. They couldn't even hold to last year's expenditures.

If things continue at this rate, there will be an awful reckoning.

message 5: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments california is delaying payment of tax refunds.

if they really wanted the mouth breathers to notice they'd delay lotto winner payments.