The Brain and Mind discussion

Neuroscience > 'The Chemistry Between Us: Love, Sex, and the Science of Attraction' by Larry Young

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Thibeault (thebookreporter) | 16 comments Just finished reading 'The Chemistry Between Us: Love, Sex, and the Science of Attraction' by Larry Young. The book explores the biology and chemistry of everything from gender identity (and sexual orientation) to love (and parenting) to monogamy (and infidelity), taking us inside our bodies to investigate the genes and hormones that influence our approach to love, sex and relationships. The book is very illuminating. I've written an executive summary of the book available here:

http://newbooksinbrief.wordpress.com/...

Cheers,
Aaron

message 2: by James (new)

James K. (ETpro) | 6 comments

Thanks for the heads up on The Chemistry Between Us: Love, Sex, and the Science of Attraction. It looks like fascinating reading. Based on your recommendation and the similarly glowing words of other reviewers, I've added it to my ever-growing "to-read" list.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 24 comments I'm going to add it, too. Thank you, Aaron!

message 4: by Tyler (new)

Tyler (alienlanes) | 9 comments I just got this from my library.

message 5: by Omar (new)

Omar Manejwala (DrManejwala) | 4 comments Great find...I'm going to add it. For the evolutionary biology perspective on Love/Sex, check this one out: Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love I cite some her research and am a fan.