Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > still can't sign in with Google/getting logged out

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moira (new)

Moira Russell (the_red_shoes) | 390 comments Not sure anyone at GR is still reading this board, but when I try to sign in via Google (which I've been doing for years) I still get the message: 'You didn't allow us to get your account details.' This isn't true. I didn't change anything in my Google settings, and when I check my account, GoodReads still has permission.

Also, I'm still getting logged out when inactive for less than an hour when I sign in via the GR sign-in page. (No this does not have anything to do with Google, since I'm not signing in with Google: I can't.)

message 2: by lafon حمزة (last edited Oct 01, 2012 06:03PM) (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 532 comments For the record I also have problems with the Google SSO. I don't use this at home, but outside of the house (which seems to be everyday now -_-), it proves to be invaluable.

ETA: Also not a Google problem on my end, with permission being granted to Goodreads to use my data from Google. Error message is the same as Moira's.

Also this may or may not be linked to the sign-out thing going on, because I am not experiencing any abnormal login occurrences (although there is a thread where others do seem to have it).

message 3: by Moira (new)

Moira Russell (the_red_shoes) | 390 comments lafon حمزة wrote: "Also this may or may not be linked to the sign-out thing going on, because I am not experiencing any abnormal login occurrences (although there is a thread where others do seem to have it)."

Yeah, I don't know if it's linked for other people, but the two problems started happening simultaneously for me, which makes me suspicious. Firefox did just update itself, but I'm not having a problem at any other site, anywhere, just GoodReads.

message 4: by lafon حمزة (last edited Oct 01, 2012 06:11PM) (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 532 comments Yeah, and I use Chrome (newest version 22.0.1229.79 m, which annoys me 'cause they disabled the ability to choose the flash player you want.)
ETA: It's not browser specific. I just tested IE9 (yuck), and it also threw up the same error. Either Google radically changed their SSO API, or Goodreads has a bug. Either way it's still on Goodreads' end.

message 5: by William, Software Engineer (new)

William Cline | 155 comments Mod
Sorry for the trouble. We'll look into this as soon as we can.

message 6: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Should be fixed with the next release!

message 7: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 532 comments Looks like it's working now. Thanks Goodreads.

message 8: by Moira (new)

Moira Russell (the_red_shoes) | 390 comments The Google login problem was fixed, but now I'm getting logged out for no reason again, repeatedly.