Bound Together discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives 2012 thru 2014 > Jabber Jaws '12-'13

Comments (showing 1-50 of 7,466) (7466 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 149 150

message 1: by Deb (new)

Deb | 2531 comments This is the place to talk about anything we want to, that isn't necessarily book related.

We jabbered so much, that I had to archive the old thread and start a new one.

So go ahead....chit-chat about anything!
daily life
home life
work life
joys
annoyances
TV
movies
cooking
food
drink
entertaining
sports
news
tabloids/celebs
shopping
crafts
hobbies
travel
holidays
traditions

The list is endless, just talk about any and every thing you want to.

message 2: by Britany (new)

Britany | 4288 comments Lol too funny Deb! Love your list :)

message 3: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) | 2108 comments Lol, Deb, I skimmed the list and somehow read cooking, food and drink all together and thought you just said "drinking." Not that I mind, of course ;)

message 4: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments I love the new picture!! :) Now if we could only get some fall weather in my neck of the woods! My son only has two more league football games, and I would like for one of them to not be 100 degrees.

message 5: by Deb (new)

Deb | 2531 comments well you gals have been known to talk about wine before ;)

and stay tuned Sandra for more pics this month, I downloaded a bunch and if I can resize them to look ok I'll be posting a new one every few days

message 6: by Britany (new)

Britany | 4288 comments I LOVE the changing pictures Deb!! Can't wait to see the others you downloaded :)

message 7: by ♥ Amanda (new)

♥ Amanda (Amandamullins) | 1488 comments I haven't gotten a single email alert in days! So glad I finally checked to see if our new jabber jaws was up :) I'm about to go have a drink myself! Well, Starbucks with the ladies, instead of wine :)

message 8: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen | 9402 comments October is Breast Cancer Awareness month too, something near and dear to me. Just to remind all you lovelies to remember to schedule your mammos! They do help save lives!

message 9: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

♥ Sandi ❣	 | 13321 comments Mod
Ah...Karen my school does a lot this month for Breast Cancer Awareness. We do a walk, we do collections, we wear the pink pins, since we have dress down day on Fridays we wear pink shirts. Signs all over the place - a blood drive - we do a lot this month for Breast Cancer Awareness.

message 10: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen | 9402 comments Nice to hear! And I hope everyone keeps up with their mammos and check ups too. :)

message 11: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) | 2108 comments My husband is starting his new job on Tuesday! So excited! He will be heading out on Saturday (during my yard sale weekend, lol) and I will pack up the house and follow him out there (meaning I have to trust him to find us a place to live, lol). But still, very exciting! Plus I get the joy of packing up the house and listening to my audiobooks at full blast and driving and also enjoying said books, with my dog in the backseat and the future ahead!

Sorry, was that a little over-exhuberant? :)

message 12: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

Sounds like a great adventure Alana. Hope it works out well and is fun also.

message 13: by Britany (new)

Britany | 4288 comments Best of luck Alana!! Safe travels, have fun cleaning & packing, oh and of course blasting your audiobooks ;) If I ever make it out to CO Springs I will let you know :)

message 14: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom Alana wrote: "My husband is starting his new job on Tuesday! So excited! He will be heading out on Saturday (during my yard sale weekend, lol) and I will pack up the house and follow him out there (meaning I hav..."

Yuck to the packing, but riding in the car with audiobooks and a dog sounds great! Hope you arrive and find your hub has made a great choice on where to live! How exciting, and there's no such thing as being over-exhuberant about so much to look forward to!

message 15: by ♥ Amanda (new)

♥ Amanda (Amandamullins) | 1488 comments Alana wrote: "My husband is starting his new job on Tuesday! So excited! He will be heading out on Saturday (during my yard sale weekend, lol) and I will pack up the house and follow him out there (meaning I hav..."

Best of luck! We'll be in the same boat in about a month, only with 2 dogs and a 4 yr old :) safe travels, and be sure to let us know how you like your new city :)

message 16: by Connie (new)

Connie (cjcreads) | 1584 comments @Alana...safe travels and wishing you a fun adventure!

message 17: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments Alana wrote: "My husband is starting his new job on Tuesday! So excited! He will be heading out on Saturday (during my yard sale weekend, lol) and I will pack up the house and follow him out there (meaning I hav..."

I hope your yard sale and the move goes well! Enjoy the audio books! :)

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 633 comments Alana, good luck in the new adventure!

I'm in a reading funk. I don't feel like reading anything at all. Anyone else ever feel this way?

message 19: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily Stephanie wrote: "Alana, good luck in the new adventure!

I'm in a reading funk. I don't feel like reading anything at all. Anyone else ever feel this way?"

Last month, I felt that way. I was busy and when I wasn't, I didn't want to read anything. Just finished a good book, so now all I want to do is read.

message 20: by Alena (new)

Alena (AlenaM) | 1368 comments Stephanie wrote: "Alana, good luck in the new adventure!

I'm in a reading funk. I don't feel like reading anything at all. Anyone else ever feel this way?"

Definitely. And it's a very depressing feeling. Thankfully, it's never lasted long. I usually opt for something easy or a genre I don't normally read to snap out of it.

message 21: by ✿Sandra (last edited Oct 04, 2012 03:33PM) (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments Stephanie wrote: "Alana, good luck in the new adventure!

Just keep trying books until something grabs you! :)

I had to edit my post, because I remembered something I try. I added a book to the post about anti-bullying month, and it is short stories which caused me to remember that when I am having a hard time, I usually read from a book of short stories. That way, I don't get into anything too lengthy, and it helps get me out of the slump.

message 22: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen | 9402 comments ❀Sandra wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Alana, good luck in the new adventure!

Just keep trying books until somethin..."

Good idea, Sandra.

message 23: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily I usually read an Agatha Christie mystery...works every time.

message 24: by Kim (new)

Kim (crossreactivity) ☯Emily wrote: "I usually read an Agatha Christie mystery...works every time."

That works for me too. Also a visit with Nero Wolfe & Archie Goodwin...

message 25: by Britany (new)

Britany | 4288 comments Oh my goodness Deb!! Those candy corns look delicious!! Candy corn is one of my favorite things about October :)

message 26: by Irene (new)

Irene | 3054 comments The best of luck, Alana.
Yes, Stephanie, I think we all get in those moods. Usually when I don't want to read anything, it is usually a sympton that I am depressed.

message 27: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

Whoa...! That candy corn sure pops at you...any pun intended...LOL !!

message 28: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) | 2108 comments Making me hungry....

message 29: by LindaW (new)

LindaW | 946 comments For all the sci-fi, dystopian fans, the Amazon Kindle deal of the day for $1.99 is the Wool Omnibus Edition Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool, #1-5) by Hugh Howey

message 30: by Britany (new)

Britany | 4288 comments Spooky picture Deb!! LOVE it :)

message 31: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

Dare I say Deb - looks like Halloween may be your favorite holiday??? Creepy picture...

message 32: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

Guys, I just came from a really great V. I. P. brunch! Really good! Let me tell you about it...

Made up my mind this morning that I would do this - sitting on my couch in sweats. Decided I would go as I was...!!!!

So...off I went to the brunch (in my kitchen)

Got there....(seconds later)

and looked the spread of food over (opened the refrigerator door)

Man - everything you would ever want at a brunch(recently went to the grocery store)

Not wanting to over eat, had to decide on what woud be best, eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, juice, coffee,tea, etc etc.

So I had the chef (me) prepare my meal to order ..

French toast with mild cinnamon flavoring (could not decide beween eggs and pancakes) warm syrup, bacon (prepared just the way I like it!) and a cup of very cold fresh fruit with a cup of hot tea.

Now most brunches will not let you take home a doggie bag, but where I was will allow that, so I reserved an e'clair with chocolate frosting for later.

Ya know I should go to this brunch more often - the food was great - prepared to my liking, served at a convenient hour, entertainment was to my liking (Kansas City football game) and the company was fabulous (just me and my dog!!!)

Now...!!! How long to do I have to wait for the Maid to come in and clean (sigh!) !!!

message 33: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments Sandi wrote: "Guys, I just came from a really great V. I. P. brunch! Really good! Let me tell you about it...

Made up my mind this morning that I would do this - sitting on my couch in sweats. Decided I would ..."

It sounds like a wonderful Fall morning! Maybe a cleaning fairy will come (wouldn't that be nice)!

message 34: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

Sandra - I think you are indulging in the "fairy dust" ..LOL !!!

message 35: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments Sandi wrote: "Sandra - I think you are indulging in the "fairy dust" ..LOL !!!"

We can dream! :)

message 36: by Deb (new)

Deb | 2531 comments Sandi wrote: "Dare I say Deb - looks like Halloween may be your favorite holiday??? Creepy picture..."

ohhhhhh just wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 37: by Deb (new)

Deb | 2531 comments Sandi wrote: "Guys, I just came from a really great V. I. P. brunch! Really good! Let me tell you about it...

Made up my mind this morning that I would do this - sitting on my couch in sweats. Decided I would ..."

You are too much! Sounds perfect, and convenient :)

I have chili cooking for tonite's dinner on this cool, fall day here in NY.

message 38: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

I planned to put a roast in the crock pot early this morning,but got side tracked by that V.I.P. brunch. So guess it is left overs tonight and roast tomorrow. Actaully I have some left over chili in there - good time to finish that off. Good idea Deb.

message 39: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments I'm making more pumpkin bread. We'll see if it lasts longer than the first batch. I don't know what I am going to do for dinner. I like to bake better than cook meals (except for breakfast), but I will figure something out.

I have to go check out the new picture now.

message 40: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments Very cool!! Although if I was there in real life, I would be totally freaked out!

message 41: by Connie (new)

Connie (cjcreads) | 1584 comments Brunch...my favorite! (we have a restaurant just like yours here!!)
Rainy and fall like here....Chicken Black Bean Salsa soup in the slow cooker........MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

message 42: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen | 9402 comments Sandi wrote: "Guys, I just came from a really great V. I. P. brunch! Really good! Let me tell you about it...

Oh Sandi, brunch, cinnamon french toast, yummmmmmmmm.
I actually just made brunch for dinner tonight, eggs, pancakes, sausage links, cinnamon toast. Glad to be using the kitchen a little more now that the hot weather is gone. YAY!

message 43: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments Our Fall weather is going to be highs of 75-78 & low of 50 this week (high of 87 today), but I will take it since we have been in the consistent high 90's for quite a while. I will be ready for that soup soon though! :)

message 44: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) | 2108 comments Does GR send any kind of notification if one of the groups you are in gets deleted? I realized one of my other groups was missing from my list and thought maybe I had been deleted for some reason, but when I search the group name, it doesn't show up. It wasn't a very active group, but would GR just delete one, or does it have to be one of the moderators? Just kind of odd.

message 45: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments Alana wrote: "Does GR send any kind of notification if one of the groups you are in gets deleted? I realized one of my other groups was missing from my list and thought maybe I had been deleted for some reason, ..."

I'm not sure, but that does seem odd. I would think it would have to be a moderator.

message 46: by Britany (new)

Britany | 4288 comments ❀Sandra wrote: "I'm making more pumpkin bread. We'll see if it lasts longer than the first batch. I don't know what I am going to do for dinner. I like to bake better than cook meals (except for breakfast), but..."

Ooooh Sandra, pumpkin bread is my favorite thing to eat this time of year :)

message 47: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom Alana wrote: "Does GR send any kind of notification if one of the groups you are in gets deleted? I realized one of my other groups was missing from my list and thought maybe I had been deleted for some reason, ..."

That really is weird.

I'm sure GR could if there was an issue, but judging by the latest activity date on some of the groups, frequency wouldn't be a reason.

You'd think if the moderator was going to delete the group they would have let the gtoup know ahead of time. Or, that they would put out a notice asking if anyone else wanted to moderate, and then they could quit if they wanted.

message 48: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

❀Sandra wrote: "Our Fall weather is going to be highs of 75-78 & low of 50 this week (high of 87 today), but I will take it since we have been in the consistent high 90's for quite a while. I will be ready for th..."

Gee you are still warm - it has been 48 degrees as the high here yesterday and today! 28 at night...going back to lower 60's this week tho - with low 40's at night. Perfect - just perfect!

message 49: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

Alana wrote: "Does GR send any kind of notification if one of the groups you are in gets deleted? I realized one of my other groups was missing from my list and thought maybe I had been deleted for some reason, ..."

Did they maybe change names? Deb could probably tell you for sure, but I think it would have to be the moderator ( or group developer) that deletes it. I think that Deb is in that Moderator group - maybe she can ask. But geee... a message would have been nice, huh! Myabe someone else would have taken the group over.

message 50: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments Britany wrote: "❀Sandra wrote: "I'm making more pumpkin bread. We'll see if it lasts longer than the first batch. I don't know what I am going to do for dinner. I like to bake better than cook meals (except f..."

It is so yummy! :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 149 150
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.