Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

An Amish Family Reunion (Miller Family, #4)
This topic is about An Amish Family Reunion
Amish Group Reads > October's Read - An Amish Family Reunion by Mary Ellis

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Please join us in reading An Amish Family Reunion by Mary Ellis!

An Amish Family Reunion by Mary Ellis

During a rumschpringe visit to Niagara Falls, Phoebe Miller meets Eli Riehl, a young man who charms her--and everyone else--with his exceptional storytelling ability. When Phoebe sketches scenes to illustrate one of his tales, Eli encourages her incredible talent, and together they embark on a lofty and unlikely business venture for two young Amish people--writing and illustrating a children's book.

Eli's kindness and appeal extend beyond his knack for words to reach inside Phoebe's heart. But he is an only son with five sisters, and when his father suffers a heart attack, Eli gives up his writing to assume responsibility on the farm. Though willing to abandon his dream of becoming an author, he won't give up his beloved Phoebe.

Can their love for a good story develop into something that lasts forever, or will Phoebe's deep-seated fear of desertion stand in their way?

As usual, jump in with any thoughts you have on the book! Just please refrain from posting any spoilers until later in the month. If you are going to post any spoilers, make sure you post a warning, like *** SPOILER ALERT! ***. Enjoy!

Brittany | 340 comments Mod
Just got the book in from the library! I can't wait to start reading it, but I'm trying to refrain from doing so until I take the GRE this Saturday - otherwise, I'll get no studying done! Haha.

message 3: by Diane U (new) - added it

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments This one does sound really good! I will make it a point to make time to read it this month!

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Brittany wrote: "Just got the book in from the library! I can't wait to start reading it, but I'm trying to refrain from doing so until I take the GRE this Saturday - otherwise, I'll get no studying done! Haha."

I know how you feel, I have so much to work on for my university course this semester! I hope I find the time to read this book.

message 5: by Carolyn E (new)

Carolyn E | 239 comments I hope to finish reading this book today. It is a great story. I really enjoyed it.

Rebecca I am enjoying this one very much. Its a page turner for me.

message 7: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Cox-neeley | 2 comments Just finished this book !! Love it !

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (keepcalmandreadabook88) I just finished this book, what a great read. :)

Gail (widowretiredyahoocom) | 83 comments Haven't finished this book yet but love it so far!

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand How is everyone enjoying this book? I'm not sure if I'm going to have the time to read it, sadly, as I have so much work to do for university this semester :(

Rebecca Rachel. I am enjoying it. I think the style and format are ideal to have you read them in order. I was doing well and now the reunion is here and I feel lost. The characters and storylines switch frequently. I think my least favorite storyline was Matthew and Martha. I do think when you get to this, you will like it Rachel.

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I really liked this book. I had not read any of the other books in her series and felt lost at times, but still loved the series. This has made me want to read some of the other books in the series and a few months ago I bought several of them when they were cheap.

Brittany | 340 comments Mod
I just finished the book! I really enjoyed getting to read about the Miller families again. Like others have mentioned before, it would be ideal to read them in order, but it still worked well as a stand alone novel, I think. You just have to keep up with the characters. I think the plot involving Eli and Phoebe was the most interesting. I really love them both as characters.

Rebecca I agree Brittany they were pretty adorable. Hard not to love. I thought Eli.s calling her Sweet Peach was so endearing.

Julie (JulieAnne1) | 13 comments I didn't like this book very much. The parts about Phoebe and Eli were good, but the rest seemed just kind of thrown in there. I thought it was hard to keep track of the characters and it just kept jumping around. The writing seemed long-winded and not very engaging. Not one of my favorite books.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

An Amish Family Reunion (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mary Ellis (other topics)