CASTING CALL: CHARACTERS WELCOMED discussion

Monthly Challenges > November 2012

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessi (last edited Oct 01, 2012 07:23AM) (new)

Jessi (PixiBell) | 81 comments Mod
This month’s challenge you can choose to SPELL-IT-OUT or Pick 4 questions & 2 free reads. Additionally with this challenge you can mix and match these in any creative way your heart desires. Enjoy loves!!!

November 2012 Challenge: 0/6 complete
Spell-It-Out Words:
THANKS
GIVING
GOBBLE
TURKEY
FAMILY
BLACK + 1 Free Read
FRIDAY
YUMMY + 1 Free Read
AUTUMN
SHOP + 2 Free Reads
LISTS + 1 Free Read

Questions:
-Read a book featuring a veteran of any sort

-Read a book set in Turkey, or has a brown, red, yellow, or green cover

-Read a book featuring a reunion or family gathering

-Read a book set in the fall, with a character named Autumn, or features something dealing with fall (ex. Waterfall, falling out a window or building, etc)

-Read a book that you are thankful was written

-Read a book in which one of the characters has to do holiday shopping

-Read a book in which the character has to cook or attend a family dinner

-Nov 1st: Dia de los Muertos(Day of the Dead) -Read a book that features the dead walking or floating around.

message 2: by Karine (last edited Nov 18, 2012 05:59PM) (new)

Karine (Rhea46) | 52 comments Im in! :)

6/6

-Read a book featuring a veteran of any sort - Eragon by Christopher Paolini

-Read a book set in Turkey, or has a brown, red, yellow, or green cover A Karma Girl Christmas

-Read a book set in the fall, with a character named Autumn, or features something dealing with fall (ex. Waterfall, falling out a window or building, etc) Jinx by Jennifer Estep

Nov 1st: Dia de los Muertos(Day of the Dead) -Read a book that features the dead walking or floating around. The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton

Free read 1: Nightingale by Jennifer Estep

Free read 2: Blood and Snow by RaShelle Workman

Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) A Karma Girl Christmas (Bigtime, #3.5) Jinx (Bigtime, #3) The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #6) Nightingale (Bigtime, #4) Blood and Snow Volumes 1-4: Blood and Snow, Revenant in Training, The Vampire Christopher, Blood Soaked Promises

message 3: by ☀Rachael☀ (last edited Nov 24, 2012 04:29AM) (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) 1 - Yellow cover - Kissed by fire - Shea Macleod

2 - Thankful - Nightshifted - Cassie Alexander

3 - Cooking - Divergent - Veronica Roth

4 - Dia de los Muertos - Secrets of the Demon - Diana Rowland

5 - Free book - Blood of the Demon - Diana Rowland

6 - Free book - Mark of the Demon - Diana Rowland

6/6
Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1) by Diana Rowland Blood of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #2) by Diana Rowland Nightshifted (Edie Spence, #1) by Cassie Alexander Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Secrets of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #3) by Diana Rowland Kissed by Fire (Sunwalker Saga #2) by Shéa MacLeod

message 4: by Jessi (new)

You know the Nov 1st question is also in the October challenge and that you can use whatever book you read for that in this one too?

message 5: by Jessi (new)

*Reserved*

message 6: by Karine (new)

Karine (Rhea46) | 52 comments Jessi wrote: "You know the Nov 1st question is also in the October challenge and that you can use whatever book you read for that in this one too?"

Yes I do know that! And I will definitely use this if I'm falling short for the month, however, if I can make it, I'll read another one :)

message 7: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (LindyLee) | 10 comments I am nto sure I like this at the top. I will do it again

message 8: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (LindyLee) | 10 comments If you do 2 different wodks a book can only be used in one of the words and you need a different book for the same letter in the other word?

message 9: by Jessi (new)

Yep. You can mix and match anyway you watch but you can only use 1 book per letter or question.

message 10: by Vamparilla (last edited Nov 18, 2012 11:59PM) (new)

Vamparilla I'll have a go this month!

1 - Red cover - Bitter Night

2 - Thankful - Days of Blood & Starlight

3. Family reunion - Queen of Shadows

4 - Dia de los Muertos - Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet

5 - Fall - Dead Waters

6 - Free book - Full Blooded

7 - Free book - Nightshifted

7/7
Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1) by Diana Pharaoh Francis Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones Full Blooded (Jessica McClain, #1) by Amanda Carlson Nightshifted (Edie Spence, #1) by Cassie Alexander Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor Dead Waters (Simon Canderous, #4) by Anton Strout Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1) by Dianne Sylvan

message 11: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (LindyLee) | 10 comments For the spell it out, I preseume it is author any of their names, what about books, first only or all????

message 12: by ☀Rachael☀ (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) I use both of the authors names or any word from the tiltle! Works for me ;)

message 13: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (LindyLee) | 10 comments Question?? If you spell 5 five letter words you would need to read 25 books?

message 14: by Karine (new)

Karine (Rhea46) | 52 comments If you pick the spell it out, You only need to spell out one word (equals approx 5-6 books..

message 15: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (LindyLee) | 10 comments What are FREE Reads?

message 16: by Karine (new)

Karine (Rhea46) | 52 comments read whatever you like :) no categories are attached to it.

message 17: by Karine (new)

Karine (Rhea46) | 52 comments Completed November!

message 18: by Vamparilla (new)

Vamparilla I've finished 7/7 happy with that!!

message 19: by ☀Rachael☀ (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) 6/6 Finished woohoo!

message 20: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (LindyLee) | 10 comments Done

T Kingsbury, Karen Take One
H Hoag, Tami Night Sins
A Beaton, M. C. Agatha Raisin and the Fairies of FryFam
N Roberts, Nora 2 of a Kind
K Kingsbury, Karen A Time to Dance
s Brown, Sandra Low Pressure
G Steel, Danieelle A Gfit of Hope
I Johansen, Iris Pandora's Daughter
V Holt, Victoria The Devil on Hoerseback
I Irwin, Hadley Freddie Ackerman