SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Firestorm (Weather Warden, #5)
This topic is about Firestorm
Archive: 2012 Buddy Reads > October Buddy Read - Firestorm by Rachel Caine

Comments (showing 1-42 of 42) (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeann (Happy Indulgence) (last edited Oct 01, 2012 06:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Hi guys, here's the buddy read for the 5th Weather Warden book by Rachel Caine :)

I'm thinking of starting 21st of October, will this suit you guys?

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments October 21st works for me!

message 3: by Midu (last edited Oct 03, 2012 07:20PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi | 1580 comments Lewis is a sh**!

message 4: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judithe | 6146 comments LOL!

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Hey guys, I'm running a week behind on my buddy reads but feel free to start this without me and I'll catch up later. Probably won't get to it until Friday or so.

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments I totally spaced that we were starting this now. lol I'm good to start whenever so I can wait.

Ashley  (AshleyCW) | 142 comments I'm probably going to start this at the end of the week.

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments I'll start at the end of the week too.

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Awesome, sounds good guys!

Jean ~ Kindle Queen (Jkat9) | 370 comments Um, I haven't enjoyed the last two books (mostly because Joanne can never catch a break), so I'm not going to continue with you guys. I'm going to miss our monthly buddy reads though. : ( But I really had to force myself through that last one. Fortunately, you have Ashley to join in. I may try the Outcast Season series if you continue on to that one.

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Awwww ok Jean, no problem!

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Jean wrote: "Um, I haven't enjoyed the last two books (mostly because Joanne can never catch a break), so I'm not going to continue with you guys. I'm going to miss our monthly buddy reads though. : ( But I ..."

I get that, but we'll miss you.

Jean ~ Kindle Queen (Jkat9) | 370 comments Thanks! I'll probably lurk on this thread at least to see what I'm missing. : )

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Ok guys, I just finished Chapter 1. You'd be glad you stopped Jean if you were getting annoyed already. (view spoiler)

message 15: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi | 1580 comments hehehe keep reading!

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Jeann wrote: "Ok guys, I just finished Chapter 1. ..."

Oh for crying out loud. Seriously? This is getting really ridiculous. (view spoiler)

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Yeah I know, he's pretty annoying. I think without Paul, the wardens would be a bit more acceptable and not treat Jo so unfairly.

Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Well I just hit the 40% mark...and I'm a tad bit bored. Anyone else having that issue. Things have happened, but nothing that's really excited me that much.

Sorta (view spoiler)

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments I'm around the Oracle part (can't remember think it's Chapter 4 or something) (view spoiler)

Jean ~ Kindle Queen (Jkat9) | 370 comments OK, I feel better about stopping this series. (view spoiler)

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments So I finished...I had to keep reading to see if things got better. I don't know what was missing, but this book just seemed drier than the last couple.

I don't know if I have a lot to say at the moment regarding the bulk of the book. But the end...the end was interesting. I look forward to seeing what you think of the book Jeann.

I do agree (view spoiler)

End (view spoiler)

Ashley  (AshleyCW) | 142 comments Small problem, I can't find my copy of the book. Hopefully its just hiding under my car seat or something.

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Oh no! I hope it unveils itself soon!

I'm on page 307 at the moment. (view spoiler)

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Comment on Jeann's spoiler (view spoiler)

message 25: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi | 1580 comments Hmmm so what you're saying is you won't want to see him again, right? ;-)

Ashley  (AshleyCW) | 142 comments Found it. Now to start reading.

message 27: by Jeann (Happy Indulgence) (last edited Oct 30, 2012 11:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Oh Midu you're the biggest tease!

Finally finished the book! Ah Paris, I didn't actually find it dragged as much for me, maybe because of Imara and all this major end of the world stuff. Also seeing Jo save her own butt a few times and kick ass was a treat too.

Probably the 2nd biggest cliffhanger ever in the series (the 1st biggest one was in Ill Wind of course!)

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Midu (last edited Oct 31, 2012 12:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi | 1580 comments Was really surprised about Imara too!
I dunno about Jo and (view spoiler)

Eamon..ewwww! Felt like taking a bath after I read that. But if you(view spoiler) how's the weather? lol

Don't remember about the origin of the powers.

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Have you read up to the latest one Midu? (or does it finish?)

Paris, do you want to read Firestorm in the next couple of weeks? Maybe the 18th of Oct? If so I'll set up the thread :)

message 30: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi | 1580 comments Yep, Total Eclipse is the last in this series and I've read that one. Not sure if I wanna start the spin-off if it is going to be the same "hit-Jo-till-she-breaks" concept

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Jeann wrote: "Have you read up to the latest one Midu? (or does it finish?)

Paris, do you want to read Firestorm in the next couple of weeks? Maybe the 18th of Oct? If so I'll set up the thread :)"

Ummmm...Do you mean do I want to read Thin Air in November? Because if so I am definitely down.

I am now going to go back and comment on everyone's posts.

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Jeann wrote: "Oh Midu you're the biggest tease!

Finally finished the book! Ah Paris, I didn't actually find it dragged as much for me, maybe because of Imara and all this major end of the world stuff. Also see..."

Midu wrote: "Hmmm so what you're saying is you won't want to see him again, right? ;-)"

I freaking love when Midu jumps in with random teasery tidbits. lol

I’m pretty sure the dragging was just me. Now that I look back at it, I think I’m in one of those phases where I kinda have book burnout. Although I think it’s just with UF/PNR/YA type books cause contemporary romances I can sit down and read in a few hours without feeling any drag. I hope this is temporary because I love my paranormal books.

(view spoiler)

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Ashley wrote: "Found it. Now to start reading."

So glad you found the book and have started. Can't wait to see what you have to say about it!

message 34: by Paris (last edited Nov 01, 2012 06:07PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Jeann wrote: "Ok guys, I just finished Chapter 1. You'd be glad you stopped Jean if you were getting annoyed already. "

So I'm trying to think back and really...I kinda think the first chapter was really the only time that (view spoiler)

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments I love your insight Paris! You're so right, only the first Chapter was where she was treated unfairly. In some instances I actually think Firestorm is one of the better recent books in the series, especially after the Eamon/no powers fest in the previous book and Kevin and Yvette's disgusting influence in Book 3. It was nice to see Joanne kick ass for a while. She just gets stronger and stronger.

Speaking of Kevin, he's really cleaned up well hasn't he? All because Joanne believed in him. (view spoiler)

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Kevin spoiler (view spoiler)

message 37: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi | 1580 comments But there isn't a limit to what depraved things Yvette has had done to him! ewwwwww!

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Midu wrote: "But there isn't a limit to what depraved things Yvette has had done to him! ewwwwww!"

True, but that's not his fault. Maybe he can stop being all weird and crazy.

message 39: by Midu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Midu Hadi | 1580 comments i don't think he can do that, he'll just be a little less crazy with Cherise :-)

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments I like that Paris, Cherise can have any guy she damn well wants but perhaps (view spoiler)

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Ok just created the new thread for Thin Air: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...