What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA, blind brother who loves Pearl Jam (SOLVED!) [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Hi everyone! I'm hoping that you can help me find this book. I remember reading it quite a few years ago, and to this day, every time I hear a Pearl Jam song I remember the main character's brother slamming a door. I just can't recall the book itself.

Here's what I know:

-It is a young adult book.
-The main character is female.
-I *think* the main character's blind brother's name is Ben.
-The main character finds out that her mother is having an affair.
-After finding out about her mother, the main character is understandably upset, and I recall her not speaking to anyone the following day because she was afraid she'd just start crying uncontrollably.
-I *think* that this might be part of a series or trilogy, but this is the only book I recall reading.

I really hope that someone is able to help me with this! Thanks in advance to anyone who can give my any information!

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Just bumping this up. :)

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) I just recalled another detail about this book. The brother's door creaks when it is opened and closed, but he does not fix it because it helps him to know when there is someone in his room.

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Posted this on the Abebooks.com BookSleuths message board, and thanks to "Bookel", found my book!

This is "What Zoey Saw", which is book 6 in the Making Out series (originally published as the Boyfriends/Girlfriends series) by Katherine Applegate.

Summary: Zoey used to think her life was perfect, that her parents were really in love. But what she saw changed all that.