Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1)
This topic is about The Black Prism
Book Discussions > The Black Prism by Brent Weeks

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan, Reader of the fantastic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 525 comments The Black Prism tied with The Name of the Wind so it is one of our October contemporary reads.

message 2: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (MichaelJSullivan) | 86 comments Wow that's a lot of reading for October. I've already read Name of the Wind - and enjoyed it quite a bit. I've got Black Prism here at home, so I'll start on it.

Samantha Savage (SamSavage) | 21 comments Black Prism is an awesome book. I am glad it is one of our reads. The sequal to this book is even better.

Jenny (JennyC89) | 20 comments I read Black Prism last summer and LOVED it. It's a great novel and if I had more time I'd go back to read it again before I read the sequel, The Blinding Knife. This book has a really cool magic system. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 0 comments I had this one in the TBR for quite a while and not sure why I put off reading (particularly since a fan of his Night Angel trilogy). Glad I read; the magic system was unique and an engrossing book throughout. The "mystery" with th black prism and his brother revealed about 40% thru did not really go with the flow of the book for me until nearly the end. I plan on reading the newly released sequel.

message 6: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris Lane | 1 comments Down loaded it today Can't put it down Over 3/4 read in one day. Think this has a lot of mileage, although to begin with it was reminding me of The magic kingdom books, however i now think it far out passes them. Good choice for a group read.