Stoga NEHS discussion

Books for next meeting

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2 comments what book do you guys want to read for the next meeting?

message 2: by Frances (new)

Frances | 4 comments Mod
yea I was going to say...our next meeting is the last tuesday of feburary. can we put books that we want to read on the bookshelf here, then vote on it?

message 3: by George (new)

George | 2 comments Well, I tried adding books to the bookshelf, but I guess it's not so easy. My vote goes to either Lord of the Flies or Gulliver's Travels.

message 4: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2 comments yes for lord of the flies

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1 comments I missed the last meeting. When's the next one? What book are we reading?

message 6: by Frances (new)

Frances | 4 comments Mod
we didn't have a february meeting since it was a little messy w/mrs. kershner gone and everything. mr. drake will be our advisor now, and we are planning a march meeting. :) 3rd tuesday of the month, most likely.

message 7: by Trevor (new)

Trevor | 1 comments Hi everybody. It's Mr. Drake, your replacement feculty advisor. Ms MacCart and I will be happy to help out with NEHS in Mrs. Kerschner's absence. 3rd Tuesday will not work, as that's our regular faculty meeting day. How about Tuesday, March 24? Does Lord of the Flies stil sound good to people? Do others have ideas?

message 8: by Frances (new)

Frances | 4 comments Mod
Lord of the Flies seems like a great book idea. I already have an appointment 3/24 unfortunately, but I can probably go 20 minutes late or something. I think that would be a good day to have our March meeting though, what do you guys think?
P.S. Hi Mr. Drake!

message 9: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 1 comments 3/24 sounds fine. That's the fourth Tuesday, right?
Lord of the Flies is a really intense book. I read it last year in my Literary Style class, but I definitely wouldn't mind reading it again.

message 10: by Liz (new)

Liz | 1 comments Lord of the Flies sounds good to me. I'll double check my schedule - I don't know if I can stay the whole time on Tuesday, but I'll figure that out

message 11: by Frances (new)

Frances | 4 comments Mod
Alright, 3/24 it is.
And let's just read "Lord of the Flies" for this meeting, since it sounds really good and also we don't have much time to keep picking books, so yay :)
I think I have everyone's e-mail somewhere, so I'll send an e-mail out about our meeting. Okie :)