KidLit discussion

Sooo What are Your Kids Reading in Feb '09?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new)

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee (Pam_T) Right at the moment we are engaged in a Mo Willems Festival. Pigeon, Pigeon, Pig and Elephant.

(I secretly adore the fiesty bird ;)

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 5 comments "Inkheart" and the Magic School Bus chapter books. I think last night's was the "Giant Germ."

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) My son loves Mo Willems and so do I. Right now he wants to read whatever his teacher is reading outloud to the class. We're still reading Trumpet of the Swan (which his teacher finished last week) and last night at the library he found Three Tales of My Father's Dragon, which his teacher is reading now. He was so excited when he saw it! It's so cute. He's also in love with the Black Lagoon series. He wants to own every one of those.

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee (Pam_T) We just read "Good Egg". It's a really cute boardbook with tabs that move things. The author has you training Egg to lie down and sit--LOL. It's meant for toddlers and preschoolers, but my older kids thought it was hysterical. (It'd be a nice choice for Easter)

message 5: by Pam (last edited Feb 22, 2009 05:00AM) (new)

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee (Pam_T) Well, more good books for us. (Guess Feb was a good month)

Just read Todd Parr's "The I Love You Book" which I highly recommend. Also, "Rabbit! Duck!"

and on the serious side: "Abe's Fish" (as in Abe Lincoln) and "Frogs".

Oh, and my boy just reminded me of "Thomas and the Great Discovery". It is really good.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) My second grader is reading and enjoying Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He also has the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book, which he spent a lot of time working on over the weekend.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin | 3 comments Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan. I love it. I cry every time!

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) My son has found a new book series, American Chillers, which he is very excited about. This makes me so happy!

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Jackman Kids in my sixth grade class cannot get enough Percy Jackson! They will read a book in a couple of nights because they can't put them down.