Chick Lit Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book of the Month Suggestions > November 2012 Book Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments The theme for November is fashion. Suggestions will be accepted until October 10th.

message 2: by Chelsi (last edited Oct 03, 2012 02:07PM) (new)

Chelsi | 47 comments I was thinking A Vintage Affair A Novel by Isabel Wolff. I have been wanting to read that one for a while.

message 3: by Juliet (new)

Juliet (jujuzz) Nominating The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
An old book but had been sitting on my TBR for far too long.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 31 comments Shoe Addicts Anonymous (Shoe Addict, #1) by Beth Harbison this one caught my eye awhile ago!

message 5: by Chelsi (new)

Chelsi | 47 comments That sounds cute Amanda!

message 6: by Maghan (new)

Maghan | 1 comments Confessions of a ShopaholicConfessions of a Shopaholic

message 7: by Sushmita (new)

Sushmita (heyreadme) | 1 comments This book is related to wedding and lots of dresses as well :D Bridesmaid Lotto Bridesmaid Lotto by Rachel AstorBridesmaid Lotto

message 8: by TamElaine (new)

TamElaine Maghan wrote: "Confessions of a ShopaholicConfessions of a Shopaholic"

I will second this one...I've only read one Sophie Kinsella book (I've got your number) and I'd love to read more - this one looks like the next best step, to start at the beginning of her series ! I'm in !

message 9: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments Amanda wrote: "Shoe Addicts Anonymous (Shoe Addict, #1) by Beth Harbison this one caught my eye awhile ago!"

Sorry Amanda, this was already a BOTM selection. You can check the group bookshelf to find out what has already been selected.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 31 comments Opps! Thats probably were I saw it!! I like the idea of ''Confessions of a Shopaholic''

message 11: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments I love all of these suggestions!

Here are a couple that I found...

Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani

message 12: by Marion (last edited Oct 04, 2012 10:37AM) (new)

Marion | 1150 comments One more..

Slave to Fashion  by Rebecca Campbell

message 13: by Chelsi (new)

Chelsi | 47 comments this is great, I would read any of these! I am excited for November's read now!

message 14: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (ChristineUS) | 42 comments Marion wrote: "I love all of these suggestions!

Here are a couple that I found...

Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani"

I own both of these - so I'd happily read either one:) get one more book off the 'to read' stack:)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I Heart New York I Heart New York (I Heart #1) by Lindsey Kelk; goodreads description a little odd. Here's the amazon.com blurb "Angela Clark is in love—with the most fabulous city in the world!

When Angela catches her boyfriend with another woman at her best friend's wedding, she's heartbroken and desperate to run away. With little more than a crumpled bridesmaid dress, a pair of Louboutins, and her passport in hand, Angela decides to jump on a plane for . . . NYC!

Settling into a cute hotel and quickly bonding with benevolent concierge Jenny—a chatterbox Oprah wannabe with room for a new best friend—Angela heads out for a New York makeover, some serious retail therapy, and a whirlwind tour of the city. Before she knows it, she's dating two sexy guys and blogging about her Big Apple escapades for a real fashion magazine. But while it's one thing telling readers about your romantic dilemmas, it's another working them out for yourself. Angela has fallen head over heels for the city that never sleeps, but does she heart New York more than home?"

I also like the previous suggestion of Slave to Fashion  by Rebecca Campbell

message 16: by Erin (new)

Erin I love "A Vintage Affair" and "I Love New York" both great books!

message 17: by Ebonny (new)

Ebonny (ParanormalBabydoll) I am suggesting The Thing About Jane Spring by Sharon Krum. It sounds like a fun book. :)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Ebonny wrote: "I am suggesting The Thing About Jane Spring by Sharon Krum. It sounds like a fun book. :)"

Not available in U.S. in usual ebook forms (checked kindle, nook, library, and iBooks). Readily available $22.00 paperback at amazon, powells, Barnes and Noble, etc.

message 19: by Marion (new)

Marion | 1150 comments Thank you for the suggestions. This thread is now closed. Please vote on the poll which is open until October 20th.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.