The 999 List discussion

So, watchya reading?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (livinglighthouse) | 7 comments Mod
I'm trying to finish up First Man of Rome...great book but at 800 meaty pages it is taking me longer than I expected. I'm also reading The Giver along with my kids and am doing the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin through daily emails. Whew......I'm tired already.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahj) I'm reading "The Crimson Petal and the White." It's a real gobstopper at nearly 900 pages. Just started it, and it's terrific (so far).

message 3: by Rachel (new)

I'll have to check that out.......I'm reading a book a friend gave me called Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. Weird I know, but that kind of stuff fascinates me......

I'm also in the middle of Portrait of a Lady as well

Thanks for replying

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cmbohn) I finished The Long Farewell by Michael Innes today for my new mysteries category. I really enjoyed it. Oh, and I read No Holly for Miss Quinn by Miss Read last night for my found at the library category.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahj) I finished George Orwell's "Down and Out in Paris and London," which was my non-fiction book. It turned out, however, to be autobiographical fiction! Nevertheless worthwhile. Now I'm on literary criticism with Helen Vendler's "Wallace Stevens: Words Chosen out of Desire."

message 6: by Rachel (new)

I finished Stiff, and am still plugging away at Portrait of a Lady while picking up a total chick-lit summer read Sheer Abandon. Enjoying my week off work this week while I'm at it too....

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahj) Finished "Winter's Bone" and posted my review.
Now starting "Manhunt," a book about tracking down John Wilkes Booth in the days following the Lincoln assassination. Looks promising.