Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Totally Off Topic > New member waving hi

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Slade (jessaslade) | 114 comments I started commenting too, and then thought I should have said hello first rather than just butt in. Sorry.

I think I've been reading SFR forever. I just didn't have a name for it until five mintues ago when I read Linnea's post. I'm thrilled that PNR, SFR and all the other subsubgenres are so healthy these days, although my TBR pile has done nothing good for my XY relationship. He recently banned me from using "his" bookshelf. Sheesh.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found a bunch of like-minded souls whose bookshelves I'm sure are waaaay worse than mine :)

message 2: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 146 comments Hello Jessa! :D This group is a ton of fun, I am sure you will love it here:)

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) Hi Jessa

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Hi Jessa...welcome to overreaders anonymous :)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Hi, Jessa! Welcome!

Lori, wouldn't that imply that we're trying to help each other overcome that problem? I think it's just the opposite... :) Jessa, expect your TBR to triple.

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) You're right Nichole. We are the worst enablers I ever saw.

message 7: by Linnea (new)

Linnea (linneasinclair) | 96 comments Hi Jessa,
Welcome and glad I could introduce you to a name for your book reading addiction! ;-) ~Linnea

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyjcohen) | 74 comments Actually, I don't care what you label SFR as long as you read it. It's long been a difficult genre to sell and promote because of the confusion as to where to place it. Here are some of my favorite authors in this genre:

Catherine Asaro (While her SF books are part of a series, each one stands alone and has a strong romance)
C.J. Barry
Nancy Cane (Moi in a prior life)
Susan Grant
Susan Kearney
Linnea Sinclair
Patricia Waddell

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Thanks for the list Nancy. I'll check them out. I know I'm going to love SFR.

message 10: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Slade (jessaslade) | 114 comments Linnea's list of the PEARL finalists and winners will be helpful/disastrous to my TBR pile. I also recently found the FF&P chapter's list of PRISM winners:
http://www.romance-ffp.com/

We need to supplement NaNoWriMo with NaNoReadMo.