This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate people

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) I especially hate people who turn a compliment into an oportunity to sarcastically show off their supposedly superior knowledge and make you feel like fodder for a dung beetle. Superscilious bitches.

Servius  Heiner And we hate you too... see we have something in common.

Servius  Heiner Are you implying that I have been bitchy lately?

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Lately?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, where have you been, Nick? You don't love us hate, anymore?

message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I was questioning the idea that he's been bitchy lately.

Servius  Heiner Well, I seem to be stuck on asshole recently, so instead of being mean (real mean to people) I just thought it best to keep my shenanigans to a minimum.

message 8: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I know what you mean, Bunny. It's going to get into the 50s here tonight! I may have to wear long sleeves!

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) It's already 73 here and it's only 6:30. I may have to turjn on the heat :-(

message 10: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) Please disregard the j - must have scandinavian ancestry or shaky hands. Take your pick

message 11: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Hopefully it won't be too cold for me to cut the grass this weekend...

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) That's the spirit!

message 13: by David (new)

David I think the correct protocol is to poke them using a lubricated stick.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Q-Tip?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Wear earmuffs for a while, David. Bunnies like Spring and Summer, so you should be safe come April.

Servius  Heiner Bah! You should be over it by now Donna, what is the temp there? After the run of -20 to -30 you had a few weeks back this should be nothing. Here you tend to see people wear shorts and wind breakers once the temp goes up to the zero marker. After 2 months of -40 zero feels like 70.

Fun Fact: There are more cases of fatal hypothermia in the summer months in Alaska then in the winter. Mainly because people don't realize they are cold.

message 17: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) Doesn't that make them awhole new category of stuplid?

Servius  Heiner Er... Well that does suck... I think you are far enough south that summer should be arriving shortly, I still have a few months to go. So when you get particularly "itchy" just remember it could be worse, you could live here where summer doesn't show up until the end of June early July.

message 19: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Jeez, Bunny, where do YOU live? I get that Serv is in Fairbanks or Barrow or something, but where are you?

I've been up to Alaska enough times to note that: 1) Alaskans act all tough about their winters, and 2) they LIE like bloody sacks of cement.

I lived in the Canadian interior for years. Unlike the Alaskans, we never pretended we liked it. I totally support you in not getting over it. Do not! How else are things ever to change?

message 20: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Do not! How else are things ever to change? You're gonna change the weather by grumbling about it?

message 21: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Much luck.

message 22: by David (new)

David What kind of dumb ass would live in Alaska and not like winter?

message 23: by David (new)

David I can do my rabbit dance until spring. No earmuffs. Thick sheepskin tuke. 65 MPH winds all last night. Use castor oil on the sharp stick or q-tip. Bye-bye.

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 12, 2009 10:03AM) (new)

Nick is the one who lives in Alaska, and he doesn't really mind the Winter. Pay attention or you'll look like a dumb ass (we would hate that).

message 25: by Donitello (last edited Feb 12, 2009 11:40AM) (new)

Donitello Montambo: As I understand things on this thread (which, admittedly, I do not follow QUITE as minutely as perhaps I should), "Nick" is "Servius," and he does in fact live in Fairbanks, or some equally butt-cold place that I may well have visited in AK. "BunWat" is, um, "Donna," who lives in the lower 48, but still endures the kind of outrageously cold winters that I long ago decided to eschew. I left Canada for San Francisco, where I lived for a time, and couldn't stand its sorry excuse for weather, either. (No seasonal change AT ALL -- how surreal is that?) So I moved to the Philly area, where I've found true happiness.

Tom: I would never advocate creating change by grumbling. I think the above resume adequately expresses my strategy vis a vis the weather: Vote with your feet. THAT will teach Mother Nature, by gosh.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Good work, Doni. Yes, first BunWat was Donna, then Bunny Watson, then BunWat. Nick changed his name when everyone was doing it because of some name generator website. Then everyone got tired of that and changed back except him. I hate the name Servius Sextus Heiner and he loves how I hate it.

message 27: by Donitello (last edited Feb 12, 2009 01:13PM) (new)

Donitello [Pregnant woman to musician who says her baby kicks with a back-beat: "It's all aggravation to ME."]

Yeah, so some of you have real names different from the ones you post with, which all but the "dumb-asses" can keep up with. And a bunch of you appear to know each other personally from libraries or bookstores, where, it would seem, you affectionately harass each other for your crappy customer service/consumer skills. And some of you apparently hang out socially, although the rest of us don't know how or where. All of this confirms I am in the right group: I hated high school, too, HA!

NICK: You still don't deny that you and your class lie about your "harmony" with sub-zero weather. I've been to your airports. Jumping out of trucks with windshields cracked across from cold, people show up in shorts to take family members home. SOOO butch! Yet you all start talking about winter in early August....

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Real life Hater friends (off the top of my head):

Me, Marie and Steve. We met Steve on goodreads, though. And Steve's best friend is Daniel, who we've met, as well, but he lives in California.

Karen and Greg work at the Barnes and Noble that Alfonso frequents. He makes them delicious baked goods and they tell him what to read.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll be back if I think of more.

By the way, I don't think you're a dumb-ass if you can't keep up. Just David because we're in a really mature name-calling war.

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 12, 2009 01:21PM) (new)

And also, Jackie has met both me and Dave and King Dinosaur and Charissa in person.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

And I've stayed at Charissa's house in Petaluma.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

And I'm going to meet Alfonso in NY for Spring Break.

Jackie "the Librarian" Hi Doni, I'm Jackie, and yes, that's my REAL name. And yeah, I've met Sarah IN PERSON, and I'm going to do it again in a couple of weeks. We're going to have dim sum in Portland, woot! (Eat your hearts out, haters!)
I flit in and out of here, because I'm really a wuss when it comes to hating. But I like your style. Very tart tongued, and funny!

message 33: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Hee hee! Okay, I feel better now. I love Petaluma, and Dave deserves anything he gets, as far as I know.

Still want to hear from "Nick" (so called) about his macho love of cold. I'm not about Hawaii at all, but what exactly is the appeal of being stuck in the house for months at a time? I never got it myself. But then I was always easily bored.

message 34: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I don't know any of you people personally...and i'm ok with that.

And yes, this is my real name.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

No, it isn't.

message 36: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Is too.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Your nose is growing.

message 38: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) What makes you think this isn't my real name?

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 12, 2009 04:36PM) (new)

Cause I saw your real name on your girlfriend's myspace. Ha-ha! CyberSpy!

message 40: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) What makes you think that's really my name?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my gosh, I feel so foolish. Tom Foolery must be your real name and the captions under your girlfriend's photos were the fakes. You got me. :)

Servius  Heiner Nick: I don't mind the winters here... Winter consumes %70 of the year here; if the weather bothers you, you need to find some place new to live. I however am not one of the nut jobs that likes to "snow machine" (Snow mobile to anyone outside of Alaska) I don't spend any more time outside then necessary. I am not sure who came up with the idea of zipping around a frozen wasteland at 60-100 mph would be fun at -40, but it is not my idea of a good time.

I don’t mind ice fishing, but mostly one just sits in the ice shack smokes and drinks, occasionally dropping a line in the water, and laughing at your buddy who just slip and sloshed his boot in the hole. People with wet cold feet are funny.

message 43: by Lori (new)

Lori I think Nick is lying. I've known people who have lived in Alaska, and they all say they seriously dress for the winters and the cold, no they don't run around in shorts when it hits 0.

Feh to that machismo nonsense!

And Lori is my real name. The only person I've met is Jackie, and that was such a pleasure!

Servius  Heiner yes they do, need a picture?... and people that have "lived" in alaska, they couldn't hack? that's what we call outsiders here Lori, can't hacks, Californians and all that. (Oh and anyone that lives in Anchorage. The closest city to Alaska P-pu- lease!

Servius  Heiner Oh and for the record, it is the darkness not the cold that really bothers most people.

message 46: by David (new)

David Thanks Doni, I always wondered who knew each other. I have never met anyone. I am in the upper northwest corner of Ohio, an hour and five minutes to the nearest mall, after always living in cities: Albany, NY; NYC; Philly: and Columbus.

message 47: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Hey Nick, Sarah, Donna, and Marie (if that indeed is your name), looky me -- I'VE got friends here TOO. Jackie and David and Doni, sitting in a tree. AND I lived in a 28 below climate with a WOOD STOVE and WATER from a WELL.

How does it feel to be me? Pretty darned good.

Servius  Heiner whats wrong with wood stoves? I love mine, the rustic smell of burning birch, mmmm homey.

message 49: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Yeah, I especially like when it goes out overnight and your first morning chore is to stand in front of it and build a fire with freezing hands.

I will admit this: The leaf patterns on the ice covering the insides of the windows -- ethereal.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.