Ballantine Adult Fantasy discussion

Book Discussions > Nominations for our October BAF discussion book

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Merrill | 61 comments Mod
It's time to pick a book for next month. Any suggestions?

message 2: by David (last edited Sep 29, 2012 08:18PM) (new)

The ones jumping out at me right now are Vathek (Beckford), The Three Impostors (Machen) The Lost Continent (Hyne),and The World's Desire (Haggard and Lang) but I'm open to any of the BAF books.

message 3: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 39 comments I won't be participating for a while. My dance card is full!

message 4: by David (new)

I'm not surprised. I've seen what's on your list. At least you got one BAF book in before all the boulder size books caught your eye.

message 5: by mark (new)

mark monday (happyendoftheworid) | 13 comments shoot, i haven't even started Elfland's Daughter yet! i lost track of it, although i'm happy to see a thread has started. since i'm back nice and early tonight, maybe it will be the activity for the remainder of the evening.

also, The Three Imposters is something that has always intrigued me.

message 6: by David (new)

Well, I seem to have let half the month go by and we haven't selected a book yet. I just got my first copy of Vathek, so I think I'll let that be the deciding factor.

message 7: by David (new)

Sorry everyone. I've been dealing with some personal junk the past week or so. When I tried to put the new book up, somehow I lost everything and still haven't had time to figure out how to put it back up. I'll try to figure it out again tonight or tomorrow. Yes, the selection will be Vathek by Beckford. I guess we ended up taking October off. We'll have it finishing in November.