IPS, 4th & 8th period discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
4th Six Weeks > Week 6

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika (Gecka8282) | 16 comments Important Info:
1) Please update your name - make sure your first AND last name is on the FIRST name line to ensure that you get credit for Good Reads. Thanks! :)

Week 6 question:
Book you are reading / Author
What is the cause and nature of the conflict for the main character? Would you behave differently in the same circumstance?

message 2: by Ricky (new)

Ricky | 15 comments Book you are reading / Author?
Harry Potter Deathly Hallows. Jk rolling

What is the cause and nature of the conflict for the main character? Would you behave differently in the same circumstance?

He has to find Voldemort's Horcruxes, honestly i don't know what i would do mostly because If I ran out of clues i would have no idea on what to do so i would just do the same and keep wondering in hopes of finding them

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (JacQu3s) | 21 comments Somebody's got to be on top/Mary B. Morrison

He thrives to have a lot of money, a very successful company, and the fliest girl and in the end almost looses everything. No I wouldn't act like him in that situation because he's greedy and wants more than he can handle.

message 4: by Daniel Arroyo (new)

Daniel Arroyo | 27 comments Twilight/ Stephanie Meyer:

Bella wants to figure out who Edward is and why did he save her. The cause is that she is very curious. I too am curious and I would also do some research on a certain person that comes out of know here and saves my life.

message 5: by Isaac (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:36AM) (new)

Isaac  Hernandez (acdcrocks9) | 15 comments Watchmen/Alan Moore

Someone has killed the comedian member of the watchmen and threw him out a 30 story building and Rorschach is investigating( also a watchmen). I would investigate too of one of my friends was killed in such a fashion.

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 16 comments Book you are reading / Author
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
I haven't gotten that far into the book yet.

message 7: by Anthony Jaques (new)

Anthony Jaques | 25 comments Catcher in the Rye/J.D. Salinger

The main character is in a transitional time of his life. He is between childhood and adulthood and he is not prepared for this shift. I am in this time of my life and I don't think I'm behaving the same way as Holden Haulfield. He is irrational and set in his views. I am much more open minded and accepting of the future and maturity.

message 8: by Gina Lamm (new)

Gina Lamm | 27 comments The T-virus got to the island and turned the dead people into zombies after an airstrike. I would act differently from Claire and I wouldn't go after someone who doesn't want to tag along when there are monsters and zombies around.

message 9: by Collin Starks (new)

Collin Starks | 6 comments MAUS 1 / Art Spiegelman

Vladek tells of his perilous times, as a Jew, throughout world war 2. I probably wouldn't have been as lucky as Vladek to survive the holocaust.

message 10: by Julianna Clemmer (new)

Julianna Clemmer | 17 comments Ella Enchanted/Gail Carson Levine

The cause of Ella’s main conflict, which is that she has to obey every command she’s given even if it is against her will, is a curse which was suppose to be a gift that was put on her by her fairy god mother. Ella is searching for a way to remove the curse so she can be with the one she loves. If I were in Ella’s shoes I would also be searching for a way to end the curse and be able to live my life for me.

message 11: by Ginna Marciel (new)

Ginna Marciel | 24 comments Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

Well, Morgan the whole time is trying to figure out how to save her boyfriend by being taken away forever, but also trying to figure out if she can save Pip from going back to "Otherworld" because it was a hateful place and humans always get abused constantly. So seeing as too how she reacts about trying to save him is like how I would react. I would try to save my boyfriend as much as possible to stop him being sent to "Otherworld".

Treasure McCarver | 17 comments Waking With Enemies/Eric Jerome Dickey

The cause of the conflict is basically 2 groups going head to head. Gideon is a assassin and finally somebody had put a hit out on him. Its very intense and he acts quickly but with precaution. I think i would act the same way, if my life was in jeopardy.

message 13: by Tanisha Williams (new)

Tanisha  Williams | 25 comments the conflict my character deals with is life lessons, she was just reflecting on things she went through and how she could of made better decisions.

message 14: by Kate baggett (new)

Kate baggett | 18 comments Book you are reading / Author
-peaches

What is the cause and nature of the conflict for the main character? She is in between all of her friends. They are all friends but she is stuck in the middle but she has fun with all of them.

Would you behave differently in the same circumstance? I am in that situation all the time, so no not really.

Enrique Garcia III | 11 comments MAUS II/ Art Spiegelman

The Conflict of the main character, Vladek, is that he is a prisoner at Camp Auschwitz and tells his tale to Archie on how he survived. In an assortment of cases, i would not have been so knowledgeable and lucky. Vladek had many skills, that i do not posses, arranging from a tin man to a shoe maker that helped him get on many of the guards good sides.

Mireya Garcia-Belman :] | 11 comments Uglies / Scott Westerfield
The cause and nature of the conflict that my character, Tally, has is that she doesn't know what to do; whether she should betray her friend Shay and make Special Circumstances come and invade the Smoke, or if she should let them live their life. I think I would have acted in the same way. It would have been really hard for me to choose whether or not I want to stay ugly forever; by not turning them in, or be pretty for the rest of my life; and having Special Circumstances invade.

message 17: by Christina (new)

Christina | 7 comments christina bernal
I am reading a corner of the universe by Ann M. Martin.
the cause and nature of the conflict for the main character is she deals with personal issues with an arrival of an unexpected uncle. She is overwhelmed with this that she dosent know how to act around a childlike young man whom she never knew existed. Personally, I would react the same way because even though hes family you feel he is a stranger because youve never met him or knew of him before.

message 18: by Lorena Lira (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:26AM) (new)

Lorena Lira | 13 comments THE SHACK/By: William B. Young

The main character is Mackenzie and his daughter was murdered. Four years later God sends him a letter saying to meet him at the shack where his evidence of his daughters death was found. He ends up going but struggles to trust God and accepting the death of Missy, his daughter, and God helps him move on, and throughout the weekend he is there he has to accept the fact that it wasn't his fault or God's. I wouldn't of behave differently i would be angry at God for not doing anything to stop the murder.

message 19: by Tenzin Dickyi (new)

Tenzin Dickyi | 23 comments Marked By L.C. Cast and Kristen Cast

Their are many conflicts that my main character is involved with. She had to deal with becoming a vampire, with her family, the issues with Aphrodite, new school and new people. But the main conflict that Zoey has to deal with is that she might be the only one to have all the powers to control all 5 elements and have the abilities to become the next high priestess. But Aphrodite, who was already in training to become the next high priestess, brings in the issues with Zoey and she ends up having to save many peoples lives during a ritual gone bad.

message 20: by Andreana (new)

Andreana | 16 comments Criminal Minded A Novel

Criminal minded/Tracy Brown
The main conflict was that the main character in the book wants to stop living the life he has lived his whole life. I really don't know how I would act under the same circumstances because people are different I could tell you I would react one way but react differently when it happens.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

My book doesn't have any conflicts. It's just about the author and the research she does involving the passed away. No problems arise anywhere throughout. At least none I can recognize.

message 22: by Eliana Lechuga (new)

Eliana Lechuga | 20 comments The main conflict Howard Dully is trying to find out if his lobotomy actually destroyed his life, but then he realized that yes, he couldn't change his past, his pain, but he could still change his future and his choices.

message 23: by Kenesha (new)

Kenesha  (Niecey) | 27 comments Sweethearts By: Sara Zarr
In this book the conflict is between Jenna and her long lost best friend Cameron, who had disappeared nine years ago.
When she was in elementary school her name was Jennifer. But the little girls would call her fatiffer because she was a little bit over weight. So after her mother remarried she changed her name and her looks, becoming popular in school.
If I were in Jenna's place I wouldn't go to the lengths of changing my name and hiding from my friends from my past. I would just move on and grow from what I went through.

message 24: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina | 19 comments Vampire Diaries L. J. Smith
The cause of the proble in my book is strange murders that have been happening in a a town. The problems started when an exchange student comes in to the towns peoples lives. I my self think that I would respond just about the same way, but I think I would be able to cope with it a little better thanks to the society we live in today.

message 25: by Jaffer (new)

Jaffer | 23 comments Stormbreaker/ Anthony Horowitz
The main problem is that Alex rider, the main character, has to prevent the evil guy from spreading a virus that will get everyones information. I, in this situation, would have stopped him to my full extent, but without the cool and expensive gadgets, it would have been kinda hard.

message 26: by Warun (new)

Warun (supacoolzulu) | 15 comments the place that i am reading right know my main character does not have a conflict .right know she is just trying to find out who she is and where is her place in the world.she just found out that her father was once engaged to another woman when he meet her mother.she she is jut pondering on the idea of the woman that he was engaged to.

message 27: by Alfredo (new)

Alfredo Dominguez | 20 comments I am reading the book monster and his main conflict is that he is trying to get out a conviction for murder that he did not commit......i would act the same because if i did not commit the murder i would fight to death to prove that i'm innocent.

Adilene Macedo  | 27 comments The cause for and nature of the conflict for the main character of my book which is Harry is that he needs to save his life first from Voldermort because if he doesn't than the last match he faces against Voldermort he might die, but in order for him to survive(because only 1 can survive out of this) is by him finding the seven horcruxes Voldermort has hidden which represent the number of lives he has saved in order for him to not die.
If I was put in this situation I would find these horcruxes because my life is in danger and I would want to save myself at all cost.

message 29: by connor bond (new)

connor bond | 22 comments The Perks of Being a Wallflower/Stephen Chbosky

The conflict of my book is that the main character, Charlie does not stand up for himself and allows people to walk all over him and hes trying to stop that from happening. This conflict would not happen to me because I do not let people walk on me without good reason. =D

message 30: by Sunshine Kemp (new)

Sunshine Kemp | 23 comments i am still reading 'secret life of bees' by Sue Monk Kidd. the conflict is between Lily and her dad T-Ray. If i was in the same situation as lily i don't think i would of handled it any differently.

message 31: by Becca (new)

Becca (rewashed) | 21 comments Impulse -Ellen Hopkins

Vanessa, Tony and Connor all try to kill themselves because traumatic events in their lives have taken place and driven them to suicidal feelings.

I wouldn't ever try to commit suicide.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.