IPS, 1st & 5th period discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
4th Six Weeks > Week 6

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika (gecka8282) | 18 comments Important Info:
1) Please update your name - make sure your first AND last name is on the FIRST name line to ensure that you get credit for Good Reads. Thanks! :)

Week 6 question:
Book you are reading / Author
What is the cause and nature of the conflict for the main character? Would you behave differently in the same circumstance?

message 2: by GilbertGarza (new)

GilbertGarza (grok04) | 15 comments Clock Work Orange
The conflict is him trying to face the real world and get out of his fantasy land. I think if I was being told to act like a normal person instead of being in fantasy land I would hate it but eventually I would change.

message 3: by Mike Willie (new)

Mike Willie | 17 comments 50 * 50 by 50 cent... well he is a kid who's mom was killed and started to live a life a crime to make a living... nope because im smarter than that and i know other ways of making money instead of selling drugs.

message 4: by Stefon (new)

Stefon (stefonjones) | 18 comments my book is search for safety by john langahn The conflict of my book is the main character (ben) has to move in with his mom's new boyfriend and he gets drunk and beats them.

message 5: by Armando Rodriguez (last edited Feb 09, 2009 08:00AM) (new)

Armando Rodriguez | 11 comments Chronicles of the Black Company by Glen Cook
The conflict for the main character and his group is they have been set up by Shifter so that the Black Company will have both Limper and Raker after them. I wouldn't have been able to act differently in that situation because they didn't know they were being set up until afterwards.

message 6: by Dulcemoncada (new)

Dulcemoncada | 10 comments Ella Enchanted
by Gail Carson

Well she basically has a spell upon her that makes her obey every camand.

And If I don't think I would be able to do anything differently because shes on a spell.

message 7: by Phillip Miles (new)

Phillip Miles | 24 comments Above the rim by Hank Herman. The main conflict is them making it to state with the defaecate of the other teams. I would do the same thing as they do and practice harder than ever.

message 8: by Katie Ridgway (new)

Katie Ridgway | 21 comments The conflict for the main character is growing up and figuring out who he is as an adult. I don't think I would have acted exactly the way he did but maybe similarly.

message 9: by Martin Lind (new)

Martin Lind | 15 comments until we meet again
anne schraff

The conflict in the main characters life is that everything around her is going wrong. Her boyfriend is moving away, her grandma is dying and she doesnt know if she can trust her dad that just moved back in with her family. Umm I am a guy so no. I would not have acted the same as her. She is really emotional and i am not.

Kassandra Ramirez (kassandraramirez) | 17 comments p.c cast+ Kristen cast the book is called:Betrayed
I think that i would handle everything as she did because she is still getting used to her new life.

message 11: by Carolina Reyes (new)

Carolina Reyes (carolinareyes) | 25 comments A Long Way gone/Ishmael Beah
The Problem that he has is something that the entire nation is having but what he does is something i would not do because at first he does avoid the rebels but at the end he gets caught and becomes one of the am i would not do that because they kill so many people because they think its the right thing.

message 12: by Yareli DePaz (new)

Yareli  DePaz | 24 comments Twilight/Stephenie Meyer
Isabella is in love with the vampire, and I would be Isabella i would behave in a shocked and in a scary way, because hes a vampire and I wouldn't feel safe.

message 13: by Rex Hamilton (new)

Rex Hamilton | 13 comments Monster
Walter Dean Myers

We the conflict that the main character is facing is that he is on trail for a robbery and a murder that he was not involved in. So he must prove that he is innocent

message 14: by Elias Zamarron (new)

Elias Zamarron | 13 comments Dead Even by Mariah Stewart
The book focuses on a FBI Special Agent Miranda Cahill and how her along with fellow agent Will Fletcher, try to be one step ahead of 3 killers that have been released from a prison. I think i would act/handle the same.

message 15: by Mariela Munoz (new)

Mariela Munoz | 23 comments Houston, we have a problema by Gwendolyn Zepeda
The conflict on this book is Jessica and Madame Hortensia because Jessica has two guys after her and she goes to Madame Hortensia and she is the one who is telling her love life who she should pick. I think that if I would be in Jessica’s places I would be all confused and would not know what to do so I would probably go with Madame Hortensia, just like Jessica did to help me out.

Lawrence Christopher  | 15 comments the conflick in my character is that he don't know how to control his power and he is loosing his mind...... yea i think that i would be able to control it a little better work on small things until i get it down packed

message 17: by Cindy Jaimes (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:36AM) (new)

Cindy Jaimes | 16 comments Watchmen/ Alan Moore

The cause of the conflict is the murder of The Comedian, one of the Minutemen/Watchmen. Not at all, I wouldn't beat and kill a bunch of men to get answers.

message 18: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 18 comments Lucy's problem in the book consist from family,to school friends. Her stepmother tries to get in trouble with her father because the lack of attention she gets.I would talk to my dad and say how I feel and maybe, if that does not work move with a different relative if things do not change.

message 19: by Rashad miller (new)

Rashad miller | 22 comments The cause of the conflict is the coach and he is mean to his players. I would not run the players that hard because I know how it feel because I go throw it every day.

message 20: by Jacob lindegren (new)

Jacob lindegren | 30 comments the last juror by John Grisham
In this book the towns conflict is they sent a guilty man to prison, but before he left he promised he would kill everyone who was against him. years later he got out and that's when he started his killing spree.

message 21: by Jacob lindegren (new)

Jacob lindegren | 30 comments In this book the towns conflict is they sent a guilty man to prison, but before he left he promised he would kill everyone who was against him. years later he got out and that's when he started his killing spree.

Brittney Hicks  | 23 comments Knocking Boots by: Tracy Price-Thompson
In my story there are more than one main characters but they all have a common conflict and that's they all have problems with their relationships. I don't think that i would behave the same as the characters in my book because i have a totally different outlook on relationships then they do.

message 23: by Marcus Wimbley (last edited Feb 11, 2009 07:35AM) (new)

Marcus Wimbley | 27 comments Ghost Recon by David Michaels
The cause of the conflict is that the main character is trying to find a small group of Chinese terrorists bent on seizing Taiwan and trigger a battle for dominance in the Pacific. If I knew the world was a stake i wouldn't behave differently

message 24: by Orlando Villegas (new)

Orlando Villegas Villegas (manto) | 8 comments Friday Night Lights / H. G. Bissinger

The cause and nature of the conflict was that Boobie Miles got his leg broken, and there was so much pressure for him to continue to play, to go to college. If I was in the same circumstance I would have continued to let my leg heal and not jeopardize my football career.

message 25: by Kiley Douyon (new)

Kiley Douyon (kdouyon09) | 23 comments Grinding/ Danielle Santiago

The cause and nature of conflict is basically that Kennedy gets caught up in the glamorous life and there are many things involved that affect her life. If I were is her place I probably would be a whole new person. Because I would have gone through some serious life changes and experienced life is the most horrible possible.

message 26: by Terron Ross (new)

Terron Ross | 16 comments The Cause of the conflict would be the fact that jeff is the new kid at the school. After receiving bad directions, he accidentally goes into the girls restroom. If he wasn't a newbie that would have never happened

♪♫3rik  ♪♫ | 24 comments the book im reading is rumble fish by s.e Hinton
the conflict is when rusty james had a fight with biff
and that start all the conflict of the story

message 28: by Lukudu.paul. (new)

Lukudu.paul. (lukudupaul) | 9 comments Lukudu Paul

message 29: by Betsy Miranda (last edited Feb 11, 2009 08:38AM) (new)

Betsy Miranda | 22 comments "July July" by Tim O'brian
The conflict starts when the character begins having flashbacks of when he was at war, yet he suffers wounds that lead to the loss of a leg. I would probably behave the same way due to the graphic scenes that occur during war.

message 30: by Mary Ann Munoz (new)

Mary Ann Munoz | 24 comments The book I just finished reading was The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. The cause of the conflict is that the main character does not feel that he is worry of his servants loyalty because of an incident that occurred between the servant and several bullies. I believe I would act differently because the main character in the book did nothing to help his friend and I would have stepped in and said something. Although I would most likely get hurt I would at least know that I did the right thing.

message 31: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda | 10 comments Title: Tantalize.
Author: Cynthia Leitich Smith
The conflict for the character in my book is that she has to solve the murder of her former chef at her family restaurant. She seeks help from her best friend Kieren who she secretly loves. I would behave somewhat the same as her and seek confidence and guidance from my best friend.

message 32: by Elizabeth Rodriguez (last edited Feb 13, 2009 08:51AM) (new)

Elizabeth Rodriguez | 27 comments "Two Little Girls In Blue" by Mary Higgins Clark

The kidnapper who took Kathy an her sister Kelly and who may still have Kathy if she is alive, although her sister has some what of an idea were Kelly is at. However Kelly was returned to her parents and Kathy is no were to be found because the kidnapper commited suicide. I would probably not be as strong as her sister Kelly and be able to give up knowing that my sister is still out there somewere alive and scared.

message 33: by Manuel Maldonado (new)

Manuel Maldonado | 25 comments The conflict is about a guy that is really sloppy and he is try out for the football team but people make fun of him and try to put him down........I would behave the same under the same circumstances because i would not let no body put me down in something that i want to pursuit.

message 34: by Ashleigh trent (new)

Ashleigh trent | 23 comments Changeling/Yasmine Galenorn

The main conflict for my book is Delilah learning how to except who she is and what she wants even when the people around her don't want the same things as her. She also has to learn how to except who she is and the fact that she is different then her sisters and others like her. I think that I would have handled the situation the same way. She learns through trial and error and I think I would be the same way.

message 35: by Ben Ontiberos (new)

Ben Ontiberos (beno) | 27 comments

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
ROALD DAHL

The main conflict involves charlie fighting to become the leader of the factory

message 36: by Jonny Drass (last edited Mar 12, 2009 01:10PM) (new)

Jonny Drass | 17 comments

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban J. K. ROWLING

His primary conflict is to catch Sirius Black who is trying to harm Harry

message 37: by Michael (new)

Michael  (michaelshort) | 20 comments 50 simple things kids can do to save the earth/ The Earthworks Group

The cause and nature is how we use the world and how it needs our help in order to not be destroyed by the people who need it. We are all in the situation and have a part in making the world better. I believe we all need to do more in order to make it better and change some things we do to make this world a better place to live.

message 38: by Jean Doan (new)

Jean Doan  | 22 comments a corner of the universe/ ann m martin
mr.penny is the main character in my book and it just talks about how he grows through everyday life and how he sees everything,

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.