What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Molly's Magic Carpet
This topic is about Molly's Magic Carpet
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Usborne (probably) book trying to find the correct wizard out of many duplicates [s]

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A. J. (new) - added it

A. J. (spiderbread) | 9 comments I remember that there was an alarm or a gong or something similar that went off and threw the world into Chaos at a certain time each day. At one point, the wizard turned everything into candy. It was fully illustrated.

message 2: by A. J. (new) - added it

A. J. (spiderbread) | 9 comments Bump?

message 3: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 681 comments What age level was this for? Could it possibly be a short story by Diana Wynne Jones? The candy part sounds familiar.

message 4: by A. J. (new) - added it

A. J. (spiderbread) | 9 comments It definitely wasn't by Diana Wynne Jones, I think I know the one you're thinking of, though.

It was for a pretty low reading level– mostly pictures, etc.

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Sounds like fun; I wish I knew it!

Shanna_redwind | 853 comments I know exactly the book that you're talking about. It's Usborne's Young Puzzle Adventures: Molly's Magic Carpet. The book is full of mazes and other puzzles integrated into the story.

A magic carpet comes and picks up Molly and they travel to an island where a 'DONG' was freezing everyone.

The wizard was having a temper tantrum because everyone laghed at his spell gone wrong which turned him into candy.

Molly's Magic Carpet

message 7: by A. J. (new) - added it

A. J. (spiderbread) | 9 comments Shanna_redwind wrote: "I know exactly the book that you're talking about. It's Usborne's Young Puzzle Adventures: Molly's Magic Carpet. The book is full of mazes and other puzzles integrated into the story.

A magic ca..."

Yes! That's it! Thank you so much!