FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > Weigh In--week of February 9, 2009

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) I didn't weigh in on Saturday... it was a huge debacle... Hubby wanted to go to the gym at 8... I told him to go, he was on his own that early... After I resolved to not go to the gym and weigh in when he got back, he proceeded to stand there and talk to me until 10. That meant no gym (because I made up my mind already) and no weiging in because I would miss the times... THEN I proceeded to bake him chocolate chip cookies while he was at the gym... LOL... and sigh...

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
I'm maintaing. Fine with me--I've hardly done any exercise, just a couple days walking to do errands. Today is a new day!!!!

Trudy. You are hilarious. Having a new(ish) significant other is murder on a diet/exercise regime. They make scheduling impossible!

Also, unrelated--I shaved my legs yesterday and didn't realize how dull my razor was. I managed to give myself razor burn. Ouch! I don't think I've had razor burn since I was a teenager. (Though maybe that says more about how often I shave my legs, and not much about the quality of my razors...)

message 3: by GraceAnne (new)

GraceAnne Tremain | 14 comments I only lost .54% since last week, but that is ok because I thought that I would gain. This is our 5th week and I have lost 7.37% overall.

message 4: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) WTG Grace Anne!!

Funny Amanda... I actually had to go BUY razors since he came home. I would do a quick job in the shower with the intuition ones (soap on the head) for just me, but I think he deserves not to get picked to death by my legs so I try to shave a little more often... thank goodness I am blonde and my hair is fine - lol...

mary elizabeth  Williams hi all, i maintained. which is good, i was worried about gaining weight from my sister's wedding shower bonanza. i've been exercising double time and eating smaller portions the past three days to make up for it, and am feeling a little deprived. even though i feel like a need a steak or something, i AM going to stay on track tonight when my bf and i go out for valentine's day dinner at our favorite burger joint. my plan is to order a chicken sandwich with spicy chillies on top and eat only the bottom bun. hopefully i can be satisfied with that and not deprived.

message 6: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (wheeledk) | 158 comments Mod
I weigh myself on Thursdays, so it's finally my turn to post! I think my numbers are a little wierd this week, because I just started the group on Sunday night and weighed myself Monday morning to get my starting weight. So it's only been three full days, and I think my Monday weight was higher than normal due to a lot of party food over the weekend, but oh well!

Today's weight was 166.8, down 2.6 lbs from the Monday weigh in. I'm happy about that, but I think next week will give me a more accurate picture of how I'm doing.

message 7: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Dorie... WTG for weighing in... and your attitude. Very smart!

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Finally, I lost 1.3 lbs after two weeks of maintaining. I have been drinking more water, and I've had a hard time finding things to eat that tasted good. So I've been eating carrots and lettuce and making myself eat protein, fish, cheese (low-fat) lean beef. I'm tired of taking the frozen things for lunch, today I had a peanut butter sandwich with an apple. I'm gonna turn into a rabbit!:) Any suggestions for taking my lunch? Tired of the same ol' same ol'??

message 9: by mary elizabeth (last edited Feb 13, 2009 04:44AM) (new)

mary elizabeth  Williams do you have access to a microwave? i like taking soup and salad. that way you get something hot and filling. my favorite is bean soup. yum!

message 10: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Bean soup is good - yummy... lol, I just read something yesterday where a guy in England (?) lost 120+lbs eating nothing but baked beans...

But I really was going to say on the soup front, check out progresso... They have the soups with the WW's points on them and they are pretty good (sorry if you are not a WW person... I lose track, but I assume what is good for WW is good for anyone...)

message 11: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Thanks, I actually hadn't thought of soup! And I do go to WW! :) But That's a good Idea, I'll try that, get protein and veggies at the same time! My daughters eat those Progresso soups, I'll "borrow" one of theirs, and I think you get them at a wholesale club cheaper... Thanks!

mary elizabeth  Williams beth wrote: "hi all, i maintained. which is good, i was worried about gaining weight from my sister's wedding shower bonanza. i've been exercising double time and eating smaller portions the past three days to..."

so i realized what might be causing my feeling of deprivation and lack of loss. I AM GETTING MY "VISITOR"!! yeah! I am on the pill, so I never realized if it affected me or not. But I think it does. I feel bloated and icky, like I am holding onto alot of water. NO WONDER DUH!!
Does the time of the month affect anyone else? I'm I just looking for something to blame?

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Went to "Sam's Club" and got all kinds of Progresso low fat/low cal soups! Hubby has decided he can do that too! I'm set for the next few weeks with soup, will vary taking soups with other things so I don't get tired of them like I did with the frozen lunches. Thanks for the tip!
Hadn't been to the wholesale club in a while and didn't realize they had all kinds of take along cheeses, so I got a couple of those. I can use those at work when I feel the need for chocolate or my sugar is getting low...
I feel energized!

message 14: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Went down 1 lb this week. I'm at 171. Motivation is waning for me. Yikes. Need to find a way to get it back.

message 15: by Jenbrandau341 (last edited Feb 16, 2009 04:14PM) (new)

Jenbrandau341 | 80 comments Well Petunia Ive been doing this for a over a month with the diet and exercise and Ive only lost 4.5 pounds so your 1 pound in a week is good. Stay motivated by setting your goal to get under 170. I weigh in every monday and am currently at 169.5. I felt really motivated when i got under the 170 mark. So keep up the good work!

message 16: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Beth - I am on the pill too and I definitely see some changes around that time of the month... usually the week before I will eat anything that isn't nailed down!!! I specifically try to keep the munchies in the house down to a minimum that week...

Beth/Debbie - Weight Watchers has these 1 Point Double Chocolate Mousse chocolates made by Whitman's that are to die for (I get mine at Target). There are several other kinds too that are really good but these are my chocolate staple! I tend to stick ot the Whitman's... The Russel Stover WW ones aren't as good to me. CVS has them too, but not the Double Chocolate ones (at least not here).

message 17: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Petu -
Any week with a loss is a good week, no matter how small you think it is!!! In WW they say there is no such thing as "just" or "only" when it comes to weight lost - like I only lost .6 or I just lost .7... some people gain, so consider any loss a huge win for you.

Jen - WTG on the 4.5 and congrats for getting under 170! I saw someone's tag on another site that I liked. Every time she passed a 10 lb. mark, she would update the tag to say something like "Goodbye 170's", "Adios 160's" etc. I thought that was really cute AND a subtle reminder that she didn't ever want to be back there again.

message 18: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Yes, I guess after my first huge loss, I was pumped. Staying in this group is really quite motivating!!!

message 19: by Jenbrandau341 (last edited Feb 16, 2009 04:17PM) (new)

Jenbrandau341 | 80 comments 168.5 I weighed in today and found out I lost a huge one pound. Last week the scale didnt budge so I guess I shouldn't be complaining... but one pound? Are you kidding me? I work out alot and sweat too! I just dont understand why it is so hard for me to lose. Anyway I will keep truding along avoiding temptations as best I can. Thank you for what you said Trudy,about any loss is good. A gentle reminder that I need to keep a good attitude.

message 20: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) XO Jen... Keep up the good work, it will pay off!

Like I said, the gym kind of slowed my weight loss progress, but I remember what Anthony says... I feel good and my clothes are getting looser, so I am ok with that... eventually the scale will catch up.

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
Your heart will love you when you exercise! Heart disease is the #1 killer of women, y'all (Anthony, is it for men, too???), so keep at it. Let's all make a pact to die from something else--um... Hang gliding? Black diamond ski slopes?

message 22: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) hmmm.... count me out on those two, but I am sure I can come up with something worth while... lol