Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Online book buying....

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kat (A Journey In Reading) (ajourneyinreading) Check out www.cheapbooks.com

This site will show you about 4 or 5 different sites that have the book you want for sale and it compares the price for you.

Thought it was pretty neat when I came across it.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (whathuh) Thank you, Kat. Have you ever been to Swaptree?

Kat (A Journey In Reading) (ajourneyinreading) No I haven't, but I will check into it!

Thanks!

message 4: by Jessica (last edited Mar 15, 2010 02:52PM) (new)

Jessica | 14 comments bookmooch.com and paperbackswap.com are also excellent book sharing communities. You request a book, and the owner pays the post office shipping cost to mail it to you. You have a book requested from you, you pay the post office shipping cost to the requester. A basic paperback could be about $2.50 and a hardcover maybe $5 or so. Basic snail mail shipping is cheap compared to the $4 shipping cost here on goodreads or amazon.com. Price for post office snail-mailing books just depends on the size of the book and whether or not you are shipping it within the US or internationally.

I looooovvvveee these sites! They are my #1 stops for getting books.

message 5: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare I sometimes buy books online, I mean, its convientient, But I hardly do it. I usually buy books used.

message 6: by Krista (new)

Krista (bookkitty) I have used paperbackswap and bookmooch. I still use bookmooch but not as much. Now that they have the "reserved" thing, it gets really frustrating. I find a book I've been waiting for and it's reserved. Grr lol.

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly | 6 comments Does buying them on the kindle count? Because I should have a shirt made that says "I Heart My e-Reader".

I have used paperbackswap in fits and starts, but it can be a pain to get down to the post where I live.

I'll have to check out cheapbooks and bookmooch. Thanks for the suggestions.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lavoie I've used Borders Marketplace to get books I want really cheap, especially when looking for certain books for my classroom. Most of what I buy is in great condition for only a dollar - even hardcovers. The only problem is the shipping. The shipping can get quite pricey, but even then it is still cheaper than buying it new.

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara CHECK OUT OUR SITES FOR GREAT BOOKS AND GREAT PRICES.
BOOK LOVERS THE 1ST WEDNESDAY IN THE MONTH YOU CAN BUY 2 BOOKS AND GET THE 3RD BOOK HALF OFF THE RETAIL PRICE YOUR PERSONAL BOOKSELLER @ BOOKS & BEAUTY
ALL MAIL ORDERS $25 & OVER SHIPPING ON BOOKS & BEAUTY
WWW.BOOKSNBEAUTY.COM

IF YOU DONT SEE A BOOK THAT YOU WOULD LIKE , WE CAN ORDER IT FOR YOU CONTACT ME AT
PERSONALBOOKSELLER@YAHOO.COM

message 10: by Huda (new)

Huda | 16 comments hey, do you people take orders from Pakistan?

message 11: by Linda (new)

Linda | 8 comments Jessica wrote: "bookmooch.com and paperbackswap.com are also excellent book sharing communities. You request a book, and the owner pays the post office shipping cost to mail it to you. You have a book requested fr..."

I use Bookmooch.com also, and love it. I tried another book swapping site, I can't remember the name of it, but I quit it before actuallying sending or receiving any books. It was not user friendly at all.

If I don't find books on bookmooch, I usually buy them in person, either new or used.

message 12: by T.L. (new)

T.L. James (tljames) To end The MPire: In Search of the Lost blog tour, the average 4 star novel is ON SALE $0.99. Check it out!

tlj
www.authortljames.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Grossman (laurenbgrossman) | 13 comments Hi, I just checked out that site cheapbooks.com and looked for my novel. It was there but the prices were really no different than Amazon's discounts. Have you used them regularly? Any reason not to use Amazon instead?

Kat (LvnEvryMin) wrote: "Check out www.cheapbooks.com

This site will show you about 4 or 5 different sites that have the book you want for sale and it compares the price for you.

Thought it was pretty neat when I cam..."

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Grossman (laurenbgrossman) | 13 comments My novel "Once in Every Generation" about overcoming life's challenges is available on every e-retailer on the planet in ppbk and e-reader: http://t.co/B66An6k Priced on your e-reader for only $4.99.
I love to hear feedback.

message 15: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (librarymom23) My online sight to use is...www.betterworldbooks.com
I love that this group of people save books from library discard and save books from the landfill. I use it at least every other month and have NEVER recieved a book in bad shape!