Bookworm Buddies discussion

Bookworm Chatter > Recommended Authors

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Janie Johnson | 13513 comments Mod
If you have any Authors that you would like to recommend please do so here. :)

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Hm..... Linwood Barclay is really good. I love all fo his books that I've read so far.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (Weave) | 43 comments Haruki Murakami, I can't recommend him enough, he is fantastic, surreal and brilliant.

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Paula wrote: "Haruki Murakami, I can't recommend him enough, he is fantastic, surreal and brilliant."

I here he's good. I can't wait to read 1Q84!

message 5: by Meryl (new)

Meryl (CrossConnect) Hi! I would like to recommend 'Kane and Abel' by Jeffrey Archer. You can also read 'Shall We Tell The President?' by the same author!
Jeffrey will keep pages turning and you will be filled with suspense as you keep reading!

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula (Weave) | 43 comments Holly, he is fab! and you will love 'iq84' :)

Thanks Meryl x

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Paula wrote: "Holly, he is fab! and you will love 'iq84' :)

Thanks Meryl x"

Awesome! Can't wait!

message 8: by Meryl (new)

Meryl (CrossConnect) There are two other other books that I would like to recommend, they are 'Have A Little Faith' by Mitch Albom and 'Tuesdays With Morrie' by the same author!

message 9: by Paula (last edited Sep 28, 2012 10:29AM) (new)

Paula (Weave) | 43 comments I read a part of 'Tuesdays with Morrie' as part of the eulogy when my Mum passed away, I cried reading the book, it was such a lovely read.

message 10: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Ok guys I realy have to recommend Ted Dekker and Graham Masterton

These are 2 of the best Authors in their genre. Ted Dekker is suspense/thiller. Very fast paced. And Graham Masterton is Paranormal horror, with some of the scariest stuff I have read.

message 11: by Victor (new)

Victor | 1984 comments Stephen King! If you haven't read anything by him you should!

message 12: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Hehe Victor King is the Master!

message 13: by Victor (last edited Sep 28, 2012 02:44PM) (new)

Victor | 1984 comments Courtney Summers-she writes contemporary noels and she is very good at it.
Michael Grant- he wrote the gone series and he is so fast paced!
Chrisopher Pike- he is so awesome! I love the Thirst series

message 14: by Lee (new)

Lee (LeeShirk) | 556 comments If you like crime mystery type novels I recommend Alan Jacobson and Rick Murcer. I found them both thanks to 99 cent e-books on Amazon and have fallen in love with both of their books.

Alan Jacobson has several books and is starting to be more well known. His Karen Vail series is amazing in my opinion.

Rick Murcer has a Caribbean series with a detective Manny Williams, I have loved the series Nd can't wait for his next one.

message 15: by Meryl (new)

Meryl (CrossConnect) There is this nice book by Nicholas Sparks, it is called 'The Last Song'. It touched me a lot and I just cried everytime I read it! I guess it made me appreciate all the sacrifices my parents make for my sake!
I happened to read this crime thriller, its called 'Mozart's Last Aria' by Matt Rees. Its super awesome. Expect the unexpected.

message 16: by Meryl (new)

Meryl (CrossConnect) Paula wrote: "I read a part of 'Tuesdays with Morrie' as part of the eulogy when my Mum passed away, I cried reading the book, it was such a lovely read."

Mitch Albom's non fiction books are soooo touching and really good!

message 17: by Meryl (last edited Sep 29, 2012 12:03AM) (new)

Meryl (CrossConnect) This book called 'Wise and Otherwise' by Sudha Murty is really good. Its full of real life incidents that have values in disguise. My dad really liked the book.
There is another book called 'Lincoln' by Gore Vidal. I do not know much of American politics and was stuck for a while. On the whole, the book is awesome.Don't give it a miss.

'The Ranch' and 'Sisters'by Danielle Steel are equally good books!

Jeffrey Archer's 'Paths Of Glory' is one of the best ever non fiction books I have read.Jean Sasson is also good and all her books are non fiction. Try Khaled Hosseini too!You'll be horrified if you read his'A Thousand Splendid Sons'.

PS Please do not think that I do not read any books other than Jeffrey Archer's!

message 18: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Hall | 516 comments I love Kane and Abel.

message 19: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Meryl wrote: "PS Please do not think that I do not read any books other than Jeffrey Archer's!"

LOL Meryl! It is perfectly fine whoever you choose to read! Alot of us have different favorites. And your favorites will be respected! I actually have read a few Danielle Steele books. My favorite was Palamino That was a long long time ago.

message 20: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Holly wrote: "Hm..... Linwood Barclay is really good. I love all fo his books that I've read so far."

Hmm, that's interesting, Holly, because Kyle recently highly recommended Barclay to me, as well.:)

message 21: by Chuck (new)

Chuck (GeneralTHC) Jon Krakauer is good if you like non-fiction books. I never tire of reading "Into the Wild."

message 22: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Dustin wrote: "Holly wrote: "Hm..... Linwood Barclay is really good. I love all fo his books that I've read so far."

Hmm, that's interesting, Holly, because Kyle recently highly recommended Barclay to me, as wel..."

How awesome! I think he's fantastic! I think you'll enjoy him, Dustin. :)

message 23: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Holly wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Holly wrote: "Hm..... Linwood Barclay is really good. I love all fo his books that I've read so far."

Hmm, that's interesting, Holly, because Kyle recently highly recommended Barcla..."

Aw, thank you, Holly!

message 24: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Dustin wrote: "Holly wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Holly wrote: "Hm..... Linwood Barclay is really good. I love all fo his books that I've read so far."

Hmm, that's interesting, Holly, because Kyle recently highly reco..."

You're welcome Dustin! :)

message 25: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments I think Harlan Coben is fantastic as well.

message 26: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 3977 comments Holly wrote: "I think Harlan Coben is fantastic as well."

I read his book "Hold Tight" several years ago when it was first released, and I enjoyed it. I just haven't picked up any of his others, and he tons!, and I haven't really known anyone who has read his books. Maybe I'll have to give him another try one day.

message 27: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Kathryn wrote: "Holly wrote: "I think Harlan Coben is fantastic as well."

I read his book "Hold Tight" several years ago when it was first released, and I enjoyed it. I just haven't picked up any of his others, a..."

I think he's awesome. Maybe we can do a buddy read of one of his books sometime, if you'd like.

message 28: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 3977 comments Holly wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Holly wrote: "I think Harlan Coben is fantastic as well."

I read his book "Hold Tight" several years ago when it was first released, and I enjoyed it. I just haven't picked up any ..."

Sure! But, haha, definitely will have to be next year. :)

message 29: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments There's one author, in particular, whom I absolutely love, but his work definitely isn't for everyone. He's an excellent writer (though he can be a little dense at times,) and very intellectually driven.
He's Richard Powers. I highly recommend him to anyone.

message 30: by Alondra (new)

Alondra | 3965 comments Janie wrote: "If you have any Authors that you would like to recommend please do so here. :)"

Stephen King and his universe; for all the horror it entails

Cormac McCarthy for dishing it out well.

For Anne Rice, for giving us a realistic view of Vampires, and even witches; but stick to the early stuff.

Toni Morrison to make you think and feel

John Sandford for great cops that happen to be good looking.

...did I mention Stephen King?

Dean Koontz for not so happy endings

George RR Martin who knows how to write a damn story. million characters and you can actually keep up with them all. For also killing off characters regardless of how much we beg him not too.

i could go on...

message 31: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Kathryn wrote: "Holly wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Holly wrote: "I think Harlan Coben is fantastic as well."

I read his book "Hold Tight" several years ago when it was first released, and I enjoyed it. I just haven't ..."

Oh yeah; way too much coming up to read!