Around the World in 80 Books discussion

ATW in 80 Books World Challenge > Catherine-Circumnavigator

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catjackson) I love the idea of reading Around the World, but I don't want to have to follow any particular time-line. This is where I'll keep track of my world-wide experience in books.

message 2: by sanny (new)

sanny (sanshow) | 31 comments I second your thoughts ;) shall start a similar thread to track my own logs as well. Bon voyage!

message 3: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 10670 comments Welcome, Catherine! There are no time-lines or deadlines with the circumnavigator track. You can continue at your won pace. Happy to have you join the challenge!

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catjackson) Diane wrote: "Welcome, Catherine! There are no time-lines or deadlines with the circumnavigator track. You can continue at your won pace. Happy to have you join the challenge!"

Thank you. I think I'll enjoy it.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catjackson) My first challenge post!!

Switzerland: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catjackson) Just finished The Snowman. Great mystery; I will be reading more by this author. Oh, and the country, Norway.

message 7: by Catherine (last edited Jan 08, 2013 09:33AM) (new)

Catherine (catjackson) Mongolia: The Secret History of the Mongol Queens: How the Daughters of Genghis Khan Rescued His Empire by Jack Weatherford. I loved this book, though it was a bit repetitive in places. Learned a lot about a culture that is so different from my own.