UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Quiz/competition suggestions

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Several groupites have messaged me with quiz suggestions in the past. We've even used several.

Unfortunately the PM facility in the group is such that I lose messages very quickly as i get so many. Please, if you have a suggestion, let me know in this thread and I'll pm you my email address so you can send me the details and I can file them away for future use.

If you have an idea for a quiz or competition and would also be willing to take on the task, even better!

All suggestions most welcome!

message 2: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24016 comments I'll have a think. We could do another round of the blog ring I suppose. The last one was ages ago. Anyone who still has the same post on can be ritually humiliated for not eeping up!

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36418 comments eeping up - only if they have ferrets!

message 4: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24016 comments eep. Erk?

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments I liked the blog ring quiz.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Simon (Highwayman) wrote: "I liked the blog ring quiz."

There was a blog ring quiz?

Who won?

message 7: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24016 comments Simon (Highwayman) wrote: "I liked the blog ring quiz."

So did I - and it's bigger now. And it possibly helps authors and I'm all for that.

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2219 comments No surprise but I am into crafts... just wondered about doing a GR version of a Christmas banner... will PM Patti for a sensible evaluation/health & safety Risk Assessment

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Discussed with Simon. Approved.

Am rolling bandages, just in case. ;)

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2219 comments Yey.
Will be posting tomorrow with more info!
Get your felt tips and sticky back plastic ready.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments And empty loo rolls. Never too many empty loo rolls.

You know some schools in the UK banned children from bringing loo roll tubes and egg cartons due to 'health and safety risks'?

My giddy aunt.

How about polluted water, malaria, no food...

Oops. Stumbled up onto my soapbox there for a moment. Sorry.

message 12: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5175 comments Ooooooh Crafting! Great idea Karen.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Not a quiz idea, but spurred by Karen's comment - I've often thought that it would be nice to have a crafting thread. Where we can share photos and talk about what we are working on. I know that there are a few crafters in this group. I joined the new craft and kindle forum a few months ago, didn't visit for a while cos I was busy, but on going back it seems to have developed more into a kindle forum than a craft one. Would love to chat craft on here...

:0)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Go ahead an open the thread Karen.

I'll sticky it to the top of anything goes, if you like.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh thanks Patti! *grins*

:0)

message 16: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7914 comments Keep meaning to have a think about quizzes. Must stick it on my huge to-do list

Kay (Golden Girl) | 2286 comments Karen (Kew) wrote: "Not a quiz idea, but spurred by Karen's comment - I've often thought that it would be nice to have a crafting thread. Where we can share photos and talk about what we are working on. I know that th..."

Karen(Kew) I joined that craft forum but was rather disappointed as you said it just ended up as a kindle forum and I kept going back to see if anybody talked about crafts but really nothing there