Bookaholic Anonymous discussion

General Discussions > Worst Book EVER

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Nitzan Schwarz (NitzanAfterwords) | 671 comments Mod
It happens sometimes that you read a book, and you can't quite figure out why you're reading it - because it's so bad. It plays on your nerves, and all you want to do is kill the heroes, rip the pages in half and burn every copy. And still you read it - because ranting afterwards is just so darn fun.

So here, you can rant. Rant to your heart's content, rant until smoke comes out of your ears, rant until you're sure the whole wide world had heard you. And find friends to rant with, which is always a bonus.

Rant away!

message 2: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

I'd like to rant about Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) by Amanda Hocking a little. I read it two weeks ago, and I'm still fuming about that disaster! I blame the cover, it's all it's fault! I would've never bought the book if it weren't so pretty ><"
And, boy, the first 100 pages... PURE TORTURE! Wendy (book's heroine) should be glad I lost my ability to enter books because otherwise she would've found herself with a knife in her throat, being very, very dead with me standing over her and explaining that I'm doing the world a favor. No one would've arrested me, too. They'd understand and give me a medal!
I thought the book would be refreshing, cute, and with a lovely romance. Instead I got instant-love, obsessive love (with a jerk, as well), and the kind of depression only Bella Swan could get into--without all the months of dating Edward to back it up a little (because even with Bella that behavior was annoying).
Not to mention that Wendy is plainly annoying, Finn sucks as a love interest and as a character and the Trolls in this story are so not interesting; they're prettier than normal human beings! This makes them pretty standard, even though it had potential. IF it would've stuck to the troll plot, I might have liked it. I don't say this often; but this book would've been better off without romance. And as a romance lover, a woman that often says a book without a touch of romance is not a book for her, this says something...

RANT OVER

For now...

message 3: by Kelly (last edited Sep 28, 2012 10:22AM) (new)

Kelly (TheJokerCard) | 13 comments Right then... time for some CAPITALS! First let me say, it's been a while since i've read these books so i'm doing this from memory.
I'm going to rant about the house of night series. These books annoyed me SO much. The main character is basically wonder woman (Zoey Redbird). Everyone loves her, (besides the few in the book which don't like her cuz their jealous of the many things she has/can do) she can do EVERYTHING, nothing is her fault and don't get me started on her boyfriends. Yep, boyfriendS, plural. She has about 5 on the go. When she going to "break up" with one of them, what basically happens is she goes to them, starts off and then a make out session occurs. Since when is this breaking up?! I am missing something here?! But of course they don't care she's dating all of them cuz she's going to choose them anyway. She goes on about having a boyfirend and then she goes and kisses someone else!!!
And of course, she's the person that's going to save us all, because she can do everything and anything. And of course she decides what she wants to do, it doesn't matter if the other person is RIGHT, nope she has to do it her way. She goes out and suprise suprise trouble happens and it's a shocker. She'll say sorry but when somehting like that happens again, it's "don't order me around, i know what i'm doing" WELL OBVIOUSLY NOT!!! And if something bad does happen, it wasn't her fault, of course not.
If anyone so much as raises ther voice to her, her friends (which are many) shout at them! Even when they are RIGHT and JUSTIFIED. They can't shout at HER, even if she does it back.
It just makes me so MAD!!!!!
Right...deep breath...deep breath...rant over. Well until i find something else to moan about :)

message 4: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Kelly wrote: "Right then... time for some CAPITALS! First let me say, it's been a while since i've read these books so i'm doing this from memory.
I'm going to rant about the house of night series. These books ..."

Breathe! xD
She sounds awful. I checked her out, cause someone ranted about her in a review before (possibly you!) and I didn't know who she was - and she's a slut!!! WTF is wrong with that girl, and since when does those kind of people deserve being the heroine of a series!? A poplar series, no less! Great rule models: Cheat on your boyfriend(s), have boyfriends, sleep with people all the time, even when they're not your boyfriend(S), and be annoying.
I want to read one of the books to know what's all the hype is about; but I'm scared! T^T

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (TheJokerCard) | 13 comments Nitzan wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Right then... time for some CAPITALS! First let me say, it's been a while since i've read these books so i'm doing this from memory.
I'm going to rant about the house of night series..."

I know right! I mean this is in part of the blurb for the third book "Speaking of rare: Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected and rare position of having three boyfriends..." Who has THREE boyrfriends at once?! And how can you find yourself in the situation, you don't wake up one morning and would you look at that, i have three boyfriends. Look at this i'm ranting again!
I started at book 3 (don't ask me why cuz i don't know) and apparently that's when it start to go downhill, so when i read the first and second book i wasn't hopeful.
Others love the series though i don't know why, it just gives me high blood pressure. Try and see for yourself, but do me a favour, if you like the series don't tell me or my head might explode ;)

message 6: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (last edited Sep 28, 2012 10:47AM) (new)

So... she wakes up one morning and *PUFF* she has three boyfriends?... You know there's a very easy way to solve that; break up with them!
"Unexpected and rare position"... WTF!? That's a freakin' wrong position. The kind of position only sluts who get murdered in their bedrooms get into! It's rare for a reason. Because it's sick, disgusting and you get killed for it. Or one or more of the boyfriends… Also, read she sleeps with her teacher. WTFWTFWTFWTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and this can be read both as WHAT and WHO... lol)
Look, I hate love triangles, so I doubt I'll like this series, but I do want to see what's it all about. Though I heard it's fine in the first book?...
Anyway, she sounds like a >horrible< character... ~deep sigh~

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (TheJokerCard) | 13 comments Oh i love you!!! You know exactly what i mean! The way she puts it in the books as well (to me at least) is like she has no choice, she tried to break up with them but it didn't work out so, she tried. I'm sorry but having a make out session that very nearly turned into something else is DEFINITELY not how you split with someone. I hate love triangles as well, but on the bright side this book doesn't have that... it has a love hexagon ;) It's been a long time since i last read the books cuz i refuse to go near them now so i can't remember how good the first book was, but i REALLY don't like the series, in case you hadn't guessed ;)

message 8: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (last edited Sep 28, 2012 11:12AM) (new)

*Pales* A... a love... a love hexagon?!?!?! I'll die! NO! I DON'T WANT THAT! SAVE ME!!!
Yeah, that's an effective way to break up with someone...*murmur slut murmur* Hmmm? Who said that? Certainly not me. I'm not so vulgar. But she SO is...

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (TheJokerCard) | 13 comments But what's wrong with that, i mean she's miss perfect right... EVERYONE loves her...

message 10: by Adeeb (new)

Adeeb (adeebn) | 20 comments I HATE this book called Life Of Pi. I didn't understand a freaking thing!!! And it was so BORING!

message 11: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Curry  (MaggieCurryBookDragon) I really disliked Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I thought it was boring, and the characters were ALL annoying. I forced myself to read it because it's labelled a "Classic," and one "everyone should read," but it took me forever and I didn't enjoy any aspect of it. One thing's for sure, I will NEVER pick it up again!