Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
ARCHIVES > The Hunger Games: Peeta → Katniss ← Gale

Comments (showing 1-36 of 36) (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Do you think Katniss has made the right decision?

Becca (BeccaTheAwesomeOne) | 49 comments YES!!! PEETA IS ULTRA-SWEET WITH FROSTING ON TOP!!

Gisbelle | 27303 comments BOOOOO :D

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 1240 comments Yes. :D
I go for Peeta for some reasons.

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I bet you like bread :) But I am a meat kinda gal :D So I go for Gale :P

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 1240 comments Lol. Not really, I'm more of a rice girl. It's not that I hate Gale, but if he's really Katniss's bestfriend he wouldn't not leave district 12 without talking to Katniss.

I was hoping for him to make closure on things.. but it turns out he didn't.

Anne | 24 comments I don't like Peeta and I never trusted him. Gale loved Katniss from the start, and she said herself that she was meant to be with him.
"Gale is mine. I am his. Anything else is unthinkable."
-Katniss Everdeen

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I feel the same, Anne!

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 1648 comments Anne wrote: "I don't like Peeta and I never trusted him. Gale loved Katniss from the start, and she said herself that she was meant to be with him.
-Katn..."

THANK YOU!!!!! i dont believe in forced love. The ending didnt even sound like anyone was happy AT ALL. they all moved away from eachother and was like "this is what we deserve" like NO.

message 10: by Jojobean (last edited Feb 03, 2013 04:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jojobean | 675 comments Anne wrote: "I don't like Peeta and I never trusted him. Gale loved Katniss from the start, and she said herself that she was meant to be with him.
-Katn..."

She also says a lot of things about needing and wanting Peeta too. Peeta had loved her since they were 7. Gale started loving her 6 months before she left for the first hunger games. Sorry but I'm Peeta all the way!

Jojobean | 675 comments Peeta all the way

message 12: by Ruth Noemi (new) - added it

Ruth Noemi Rojas (httpwwwgoodreadscomcollinss66) | 333 comments I love both, Gisbelle! Suzanne Collins is just amazing!

Tesni (tezbuzz) | 46 comments I liked both of them, but I felt Katniss made the correct decision. I don't think she could live with Gale knowing that he had such a large role in (view spoiler) death. Also she and Peeta are very sweet together and have so many shared experiences having been through the games together. Gale could never understand that.

For Gale, I think Katniss and him would have been so happy together but life got in the way, and by the end of the third book I didn't feel that they were the same anymore and therefore no longer belonged together.

kirstin ✿ (shoutohdoroki) So, so, so torn.

I love them both! Okay. Imma let Katniss have Peeta so I can have Gale for myself. Fair enough? :)

But seriously. I think Katniss made the right decision. I'm an original Gale fan alright. And I hadn't really appreciated Peeta until Mockingjay. But when I did he instantly got attached to me. He's so sweet. Irresistible. He made my heart melt.

Gale and Peeta differed in so many ways. But both were good. Still, it's Peeta that Katniss needed. She's torn and broken and shattered. I know that Peeta's the only one that can pull her together.

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) No Team Gale forever more. Gale is nicer...way nicer.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I was always partial to Gale. Things rarely work out how I want them tho, LOLOLOL.

Kirstin Dice (read-always) | 46 comments Yes!! 100% yes team peeta for life

message 18: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Reid (IReidalot) | 4 comments Katniss should be with Gale :-/ just saying...

Katherine | 2839 comments I'm on the wrong team for everything, apparently.... because I'm going to have to go with Gale!! He just seems like a better fit for Katniss personality wise.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Katherine wrote: "I'm on the wrong team for everything, apparently.... because I'm going to have to go with Gale!! He just seems like a better fit for Katniss personality wise."

I soooooooooooo agree!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

yes, but there are down-sides to both of her choices. gale (who seemed perfect for her) had too much anger and not enough lightness and thoughtfulness. peeta's happiness and kindness sort of evened out katniss' anger. katniss needed someone to calm her down rather than someone to spew about things with her. katniss also needed someone that she could really confine in. like gale.. she was his best friend and vise-versa. in some ways i think she was meant for him, but she really needed peeta more.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Megan wrote: "yes, but there are down-sides to both of her choices. gale (who seemed perfect for her) had too much anger and not enough lightness and thoughtfulness. peeta's happiness and kindness sort of eve..."

Wow - I wish there was a LIKE button because you nailed it! Good call!

Neesi | 5 comments This is a tough one. I don't know how Katniss decided because I wouldn't have been able to haha

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks, Becky! :D

Trinity  (TsundokuProblem) Peeta all the way!! :-D

Trinity | 9907 comments Same with Trinity. I'm with Peeta!

Book Version - I loved Peeta!
Movie version - I loved Josh Hutcherson!! :)

Ayesha | 48 comments Team Gale!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ayesha wrote: "Team Gale!"

TY Ayesha! LOL.

Tylee Britton (tyleebritton) PEETA

Trinity  (TsundokuProblem) Megan wrote: "yes, but there are down-sides to both of her choices. gale (who seemed perfect for her) had too much anger and not enough lightness and thoughtfulness. peeta's happiness and kindness sort of eve..."

I didn't pay attention to Gale, so Peeta forever! She can have Gale as a friend, but nothing more, just Peeta!

message 31: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat (Peace99) | 128 comments Peeta is a good decision because he's so sweet but tbh I wanted Gale:c

Lady_Audrey | 3 comments My sweet sweet bread-oh! I mean Peeta!
TEAM PEETA!

Lady_Audrey | 3 comments Does any of you know if Annie is going to be on the movie? Cause if she's not I'll get really angry >:(

message 34: by Becky (last edited Sep 22, 2013 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Well, she better be, or what's the point? Let me go look at the cast list.....

Ok, she's not listed on the cast list. But my daughter seems to think (for whatever reason) that she'll be in the 3rd movie. I sure hope so!

Lady_Audrey | 3 comments Me too!. I will be looking forward to see her in the 3rd movie. Thanks a lot. :)

message 36: by Caileigh (new) - added it

Caileigh Lutzke | 1 comments She should have chosen GALE!GALE IS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!