What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > 1930s era Steel Executive marries secretary? /s

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim | 10 comments I last read this book at least 20 years ago, and it is probably at least 50 years old.

A steel company owner, Dan Morgan, decides that to further his business he should marry. However he doesn't want a relationship so he asks his long time secretary Lisa/Liza to marry him. She agrees but sets some conditions. Liza has loved him for years.

They marry, buy a house, host a big gathering for all their business associates, etc, and Dan is proud of Liza but keeps his emotions and feelings in check.

A female friend of Dan's is murdered. It is someone he once dated and she wanted to marry him. I think her name was Paula. Dan is implicated in the murder and stands trial. Liza stands by him. In the course of the trial his past life is revealed, including a former wife and their child.

I would love to know the name of the book so I could try to find it to read again. Any help?

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim | 10 comments That's it! Thank you.

Themis-Athena (Lioness at Large) (Themis-Athena) | 71 comments You're welcome! :)

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6961 comments Mod
So, are we sure that this is solved? If so, do you need help moving the thread to "Solved" and posting the book to the group bookshelf?

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 597 comments Appears to be solved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Wedding Bargain (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Agnes Sligh Turnbull (other topics)