Bookworm Buddies discussion

It
This topic is about It
Buddy Reads > IT-Stephen King - DONE

Comments (showing 1-50 of 338) (338 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 3977 comments I just changed it to IT for the discussion.

message 2: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

Janie Johnson | 13513 comments Mod
Awesome this is gonna be fun!

message 3: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am in for this one as you know!

Chris (Cbrunner11) | 1049 comments Well I am in for the buddy read of this. I was from the beginning but thought we would just comment on each others reviews, but this is even better.

What a great Idea ladies, I am impressed.

message 5: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

Glad to have you join us!

message 6: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (last edited Sep 27, 2012 03:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathryn when do you think you would wanna start this one?

Victor | 1984 comments Isn't Holly joining in on your buddy read? Hope she joins. *fingers crossed*

message 8: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (LeeShirk) | 556 comments I'm in!

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 3977 comments Lee wrote: "I'm in!"

YAY!

message 10: by Dan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dan (dan2345) | 386 comments I just bought this book and can't wait to read IT. LOL.

Holly | 2970 comments Victor wrote: "Isn't Holly joining in on your buddy read? Hope she joins. *fingers crossed*"

Hehe here I am Victor!
I'm totally joining you guys for this one.....can't wait!

Tracy (NoisyReading) | 327 comments When are you planning to read IT? I would love to join you, I'll squeeze it in.

Holly | 2970 comments Tracy wrote: "When are you planning to read IT? I would love to join you, I'll squeeze it in."

I think we're planning it for sometime in October......am I right guys?
We'd love if you could join us Tracy! The more, the merrier!

message 14: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yep it will be more around the middle of October I think! It would be great for you to join us Tracy!

Tracy (NoisyReading) | 327 comments I'll be ready! I haven't read IT or sooooo long. I am excited!

Holly | 2970 comments Me too! I love re-reads about as much as buddy reads! WOOT!

Victor | 1984 comments Holly wrote: "Victor wrote: "Isn't Holly joining in on your buddy read? Hope she joins. *fingers crossed*"

Hehe here I am Victor!
I'm totally joining you guys for this one.....can't wait!"

Yay! Holly's here!:D

Holly | 2970 comments Yay! Lol :)

Paula (Weave) | 43 comments I hope I can join too, I love 'IT', although it did leave me with a bigger fear of clowns. :)

Holly | 2970 comments Paula wrote: "I hope I can join too, I love 'IT', although it did leave me with a bigger fear of clowns. :)"

Of course you can join, Paula! The more, the merrier!

Paula (Weave) | 43 comments Thanks Holly :)

Holly | 2970 comments Paula wrote: "Thanks Holly :)"

You're welcome. :)

message 23: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love this you guys! It's so exciting!

Paula (Weave) | 43 comments One of his best books, I love how descriptive Stephen King is, he doesn't miss anything out, the most random thing and he mentions it ~ its great to read.

Cheryl Hall | 516 comments Hey, I read this a couple of months ago, can I join in in the discussion?

message 26: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cheryl first we are setting up a read, but once we get started you can jump in and discuss with us.

Cheryl Hall | 516 comments Alright, will do.

Holly | 2970 comments Janie wrote: "I love this you guys! It's so exciting!"

Me too! It really is!

message 29: by Meryl (new) - added it

Meryl (CrossConnect) Hey all of you!
I haven't read a single Stephen King book in my life. Before you stone me, can anyone tell me what his genre is? I have seen this book called 'Song of Susannah'in my school library! I'll get started once you let me know!

Cheryl Hall | 516 comments Mostly horror I suppose but he's written more than just that.
Have you heard of The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Stand by Me movies?
They are all Stephen King.

My favourite is The Stand but that might not be the best for a first King novel.

message 31: by Meryl (last edited Sep 29, 2012 12:27AM) (new) - added it

Meryl (CrossConnect) I have the CD of 'The Green Mile'. It stars Tom Hanks right?
I am not a big fan of horror but I'll try reading Stephen King.

Cheryl Hall | 516 comments Yep Tom Hanks.

Cool. Give him a try, his style of horror is more psychological though.

message 33: by Meryl (new) - added it

Meryl (CrossConnect) He's also on Da Vinci code right? Now, Tom is claiming that he is a relative of Abraham Lincoln!

Cheryl Hall | 516 comments Yeah, Tom is a good actor.

message 35: by Meryl (new) - added it

Meryl (CrossConnect) Thanks a lot!

message 36: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim | 139 comments Meryl wrote: "Thanks a lot!"

Meryl I wouldn't start out with Song of Susannah. It's book 6 in a 7 part series that many consider his magnum opus. So many other books tie in with that series that if you were to read it I would recommend starting from the beginning, or possibly book Wizard and Glass because it's separate from the rest of the series.

He's written so much that you could still read some of his work without getting into the horror side of it. Give 11/22/63 a try. That one is more of a thriller with a great romance tied in. I absolutely loved that one.

message 37: by Meryl (new) - added it

Meryl (CrossConnect) Yeah! Thanks Tim!

message 38: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephen King is my Favorite author of all time. Tim gives a good suggestion with 11/22/63. Also maybe try Under the Dome, another one that is less horror and more suspense.

Victor | 1984 comments And the Girl Who Loved Tim Gordon is a good non-horror book. Dark Tower series is mostly fantasy isn't it?

message 40: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

Victor wrote: "And the Girl Who Loved Tim Gordon is a good non-horror book. Dark Tower series is mostly fantasy isn't it?"

YEs I would agree with that Victor, but I only read till Wizard and Glass. I need to get all of those books and start over, but I have so much on shelf now to get read. LOL

Victor | 1984 comments Janie wrote: "Victor wrote: "And the Girl Who Loved Tim Gordon is a good non-horror book. Dark Tower series is mostly fantasy isn't it?"

YEs I would agree with that Victor, but I only read till Wizard and Glass..."

I only read the Gunslinge 2 years ago. I'm not going to start over because it has an argument telling you what has happend in the books. I thik it stops in the last 3. I plan to read books 2-4 this year.

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 3977 comments Yeah, the Dark Tower series is fantasy.

message 43: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

I really wanna get them all, and I am sure I will. LOL Thanks Katherine! I am so excited for you to read IT, but dang we are filling this discussion up with stuff other than It. Maybe we will have to make a new discussion for discussing this.

Victor | 1984 comments Janie wrote: "I really wanna get them all, and I am sure I will. LOL Thanks Katherine! I am so excited for you to read IT, but dang we are filling this discussion up with stuff other than It. Maybe we will have ..."

Great idea, Janie!

Bojana (bPop) I would say DT is not just fantasy. More like fantasy meets horror meets sci-fi meets awesome ;)

message 46: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (LeeShirk) | 556 comments I recommend that after the beginning of the year we plan a DT series group read... maybe do two books a month if everyone feels that can keep up with that pace... could be fun. I haven't read the series in years and would want to start over before doing WTTKH

Victor | 1984 comments @Bojana, Yeah that sounds more like it. I think king puts lots of creaturesin it that it comes to science fiction. And how can King not put a little horror in any of his books?

@Lee, Sounds great, Lee. I plan on reading books 2,3, and 4 this year.

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 3977 comments I won't join in on the DT read. I read it for the first time earlier this year, and read all of the books back to back for about four months....It wore me out. Have fun with the read, though. :) Plus, I have so many other books, especially King, I haven't read yet. haha

Victor | 1984 comments Kathryn wrote: "I won't join in on the DT read. I read it for the first time earlier this year, and read all of the books back to back for about four months....It wore me out. Have fun with the read, though. :) Pl..."
Same here, Kathryn! I have a whole ton of books I need to read! But that never stops me from buying them! Haha.

message 50: by Meryl (new) - added it

Meryl (CrossConnect) I think IT is awesome judging by the review! I'll read it! There is a similar novel by Kay Hooper and its called 'Chill Of Fear'! Cheers to my first Stephen King! I'm in!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7