Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1) Midnight discussion

Does anyone else think this book would be better if it was focused on Firestar still?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly I mean it's a good book, but not as good as the other 6. It skipped through about 4 seasons so that kits in #6 where warriors and many many changes had happened. Sandstorm and Firestar had kits which where now apprentices, Bramblepaw was now Brambleclaw and Willowpelt was dead. I was a bit miffed that i had not been able to read through these incidents. It would of been especially good to read about Firestars kits.
Erin Hunter did a good job on this book but i feel she should of at least explained more things, possibly by a #7. I was also disappointed when i realised that the focus was now on Brambleclaw, Leafpaw and the chosen 4.
Please comment with your thoughts.

message 2: by Violet (new)

Violet about the skipping brambleclaw's ceremony, well, you need to read "Firestar's Quest". it's pretty long, and most of the book is on SkyClan and Firestar, but in the beginning, before Firestar leaves the forest, you can read about Brambleclaw's warrior ceremony and a couple others.

message 3: by Annie/Soul (new)

Annie/Soul I think that the Erin Hunters needed to change to a different cat. Maybe, if it was the same old cat over and over again, it would get boring. Anyway, Firestar's prophecy is already done. "FIRE WILL SAVE US ALL" is over. Firestar did it already. There is nothing to it anymore. There would be nothing to write about him. Just him running the leader duties and nothing else. Now I wouldn't want to read about THAT. But Violet is right. There is a book that is called Firestar's quest. It will tell you everything you missed. (except for Sorrelpaw getting run over by the thunderpath.) Thing is, I put it in my bookshelf (my REAL bookshelf in my REAL room) in the middle of the first series and the second series. REALLY. You should read it.

H.M. sorrelpaw(sorreltail) didn't get run over by a car. but your right about erin hunter skipping around a lot.

message 5: by Annie/Soul (last edited May 18, 2008 04:13PM) (new)

Annie/Soul ((Sorrelpaw WAS ran over by a monster/car. It says so in Midnight. But it wasn't mentioned in Firestar's quest.))

Becky i think i'd like that, but the book needs a little change in point of veiw.

Becky Holly-ox wrote: "I mean it's a good book, but not as good as the other 6. It skipped through about 4 seasons so that kits in #6 where warriors and many many changes had happened. Sandstorm and Firestar had kits whi..."

whats the chosen 4

Hannah mandell i think its cool how its about a new cat but its really kind of weird that its about brambleclaw insted of firestar. so it can be confusing.

Hannah mandell also even though there is stuff you missed you can read firestar quest an it will explain it all. but if you dont want to willowpelt was killed by a badger and bramblepaw was named brambleclaw right in the begining. whille he is being named firestar complements his loalty.

Abigail the chosen 4 were actually brambleclaw, feathertail, tawnypelt and crowpaw squirrelpaw and stormfur went along with them.

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! Hannah wrote: "also even though there is stuff you missed you can read firestar quest an it will explain it all. but if you dont want to willowpelt was killed by a badger and bramblepaw was named brambleclaw righ..."

no willowpelt wasn't killed by a badger, tigerstar killed her and left her body at the top of the ravine as bait for the dogs.

message 12: by Lyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyla Neko Holly wrote: "I mean it's a good book, but not as good as the other 6. It skipped through about 4 seasons so that kits in #6 where warriors and many many changes had happened. Sandstorm and Firestar had kits whi..."

NO! Firestar should die!

message 13: by Max (new) - rated it 4 stars

Max Well if it was still Firestar then it would have made it more boring.A leader hardly goes on patrols and hardly hunts. Also he would never have the dream about the sun-drown place. So i think it would be good as it is.

Kataury I really think the author should have just stopped with Firestar's saga. After they kept on going it was just overkill.

message 15: by Max (new) - rated it 4 stars

Max yupps :)

message 16: by Asma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Asma Kataury wrote: "I really think the author should have just stopped with Firestar's saga. After they kept on going it was just overkill."

I totally agree. It was good wen it was still focused on Firestar, but adding all these new cats in a bunch of new books just became too much.

message 17: by Lyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyla Neko Max(whiteface) wrote: "Well if it was still Firestar then it would have made it more boring.A leader hardly goes on patrols and hardly hunts. Also he would never have the dream about the sun-drown place. So i think it wo..."

I agree with Max. :)

Motor Ampora Least fav book, hate it like hell, glad I flew through it and dont have to read it ever again >> That goes through the whole 2nd series

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Annie/Soul wrote: "((Sorrelpaw WAS ran over by a monster/car. It says so in Midnight. But it wasn't mentioned in Firestar's quest.)) "

She was HIT by a car, not ran over by a car. :)

Karla Rades Its confusing at first but it gets good later :D

Karla Rades Max wrote: "Well if it was still Firestar then it would have made it more boring.A leader hardly goes on patrols and hardly hunts. Also he would never have the dream about the sun-drown place. So i think it wo..."
true

♥Booknerdswift♥ Karla wrote: "Max wrote: "Well if it was still Firestar then it would have made it more boring.A leader hardly goes on patrols and hardly hunts. Also he would never have the dream about the sun-drown place. So i..."

agree

Kendra Honestly, I have two opinions.
1: I really did like the books that were focused on Firestar, they were a much easier read and easier to stay on top of reading. I would've liked to have read a little more about Firestar, but he grew up, and HIS purpose was fulfilled, and needed no further depth.

but 2: I feel like if it had stayed focusing solely on Firestar, the story would've become boring and would lose interest. I think that it also has to do with the 2nd part of the series being about the other 6 cats, it needed to be split into 1 of each cats perspective in that series, and was very necessary to grasp the true point of the story and make it a better read.

So, hopefully you find this somewhat good of an answer. :)

Sonali i think it need something like when sandstorm gave birth to her kits

Sonali are you saying you hate this warrior the new pophesy too!!!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I don`t think the novel would have been any better. Still, Firestar had saved ThunderClan so a new prophecy would be needed.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Kendra wrote: "Honestly, I have two opinions.
1: I really did like the books that were focused on Firestar, they were a much easier read and easier to stay on top of reading. I would've liked to have read a littl..."

"Somewhat"? In my opinion, this is great answer since I`ve read and read really poor answers somebody just came up with in a few seconds.

message 28: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam No, I think readers need to experience the series from different opinions and points of view. Firestar, I have to say, was getting old, and some people might have stopped reading if only Firestar was written about. It's really strange how, when you have a different point of view, you see Firestar as a stranger almost. When I started experiencing different cats, I started judging Firestar more and didn't see him as a perfect cat anymore. I like the change of cats.

Kate ♚ I agree with Sammmmmmi In the first ark, Firestar was my favorite character. But once I read the other points of view, I judged him differently.

Elaine Cheng Holly wrote: "I mean it's a good book, but not as good as the other 6. It skipped through about 4 seasons so that kits in #6 where warriors and many many changes had happened. Sandstorm and Firestar had kits whi..."
Those stuff happened in the super edition, Firestar's Quest.

Elaine Cheng Well, there has to be a change of character somehow. I mean, Brambleclaw, Squirrelpaw, and Leafpaw are great. And in the power of three, Hollyleaf makes you think that Squirrelflight and Leafpool are horrid, and yeah.

⚜Mҽʅσԃყ Sƙყҽ♪Cσɳʂυʅƚιɳɠ Sԋαԃσɯԋυɳƚҽɾ⚜ De-BOR-ah! (Stop talking, brain thinking, hush!) wrote: "Hannah wrote: "also even though there is stuff you missed you can read firestar quest an it will explain it all. but if you dont want to willowpelt was killed by a badger and bramblepaw was named b..."
Willowpelt was killed by a badger, you're thinking of Brindleface

Commander Spock(Live Long and Prosper) I'm only a little ways into the first book, but so far I think it isn't AS good as the last series, at least not in the feeling of adventure or suspense that I loved so much in the other books.
Brambleclaw, however, is a much better main character than Firestar and I don't miss the ginger warrior's input.

CleaPatra While Firestar was a great character to focus for the first series, I agree it would have gotten boring over the course of the series. I just didn't like how much happened between The Darkest Hour & Midnight. I mean, unless you read Firestar's Quest before, you would be really confused, like how Brambleclaw is now a warrior and Firestar's kits and all that.