English 11AA - Ms. Knapp and Ms. Perez discussion

What is the first book, magazine, graphic novel, or other literary item you chose to read?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 55) (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alaina (new)

Alaina Perez | 23 comments Mod
I am currently reading A Game of Thrones. I am probably going to drop it soon though because I've already seen all the episodes of the show past the first book. I feel no shame in this because the books and the show are almost identical in terms of the plot. I have so many books I want to read next, but my sister and brother are reading Everything is Illuminated right now and won't stop talking about it. That will probably be my next choice.

Just kidding. I definitely want to re-read The Perks of Being a Wallflower because the movie just came out last week and I love that book. Also, Emma Watson is my hero. Hermione + Ron = 4ever.

message 2: by Josh (new)

Josh J. (goodreadscomLilJosh) | 3 comments Steve Jobs

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber Czygan | 3 comments Catch-22 by Joesph Heller

message 4: by Ellen (last edited Sep 27, 2012 05:56AM) (new)

Ellen Czajka | 3 comments This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

message 5: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Probst (DelaneyProbst) | 2 comments the summer i turned pretty by jenny han

message 6: by Ivana (new)

Ivana Gojcevic | 2 comments The Giver by Lois Lowry

message 7: by Ellana (new)

Ellana Collins | 3 comments The Giver by Lois Lowry

message 8: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (miss_harmonie) | 3 comments I am currently reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I am about halfway through but it is AMAZING!!! So I guess I will be returning to the bookstore soon.

message 9: by Seth (new)

Seth Canner | 2 comments i am currently reading "whats eating gilbert grape"

message 10: by Renee (new)

Renee Cole | 3 comments I just started Pilgrims Progress By John Bunyan, I've heard of the story before but never actaully read it... Its different than most books I've read but I think I'll like it :)

message 11: by Ana (new)

Ana | 2 comments I am currently reading Mythology by Edith Hamiltion. This book is full of stories by both the Greeks and Romans about the Greek Gods and Goddesses. Currently I am reading the story about Pandora and how she came to be and why she was created. Although this book is kinda like a class book it reads as a normal book. If you like Greek and Roman Gods or just wish to exspan your knowledge of other religons then I recommend this book.

message 12: by Alanta (new)

Alanta | 2 comments I'm reading "Step On A Crack" by James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge.

message 13: by Keith (new)

Keith Rourke | 2 comments I am reading right now "the Rangers Apprentice seige of Mackindaw" The Young ranger Will is trying to stop the over run of the Castle Mackindaw. He is trying to get the princess out of there before it is to late. I am only half way through this series.

message 14: by Alex (new)

Alex Joss | 1 comments I'm reading Season of Life by Jeffrey Marx

message 15: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Lilley | 2 comments Socrates Meets Marx by Peter Kreeft. I have always been interested in Philosophy, and all of Kreefts books make you think. Although i have not started the book yet,I have been planning to start it during the time we have in class to read.

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Gabbara | 2 comments I'm reading Inheritance. It is the 4th and last book in the Eragon series. I'm addicted to this series. The movie Eragon was based off the book and wasn't even close to being as good as the book.

message 17: by Tevin (new)

Tevin SuperMcStankySwag Goode | 1 comments I am reading "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul" by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen,

message 18: by Cary (new)

Cary Katkin | 2 comments catching fire by suzan collins

message 19: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Czajka | 3 comments I'm reading "Cat & Mouse" by James Patterson.

message 20: by Carlee (new)

Carlee Rushlow | 1 comments I am reading North of Beautiful by Justina Headley. The book is not as interesting at some parts, but it is still a good book and i enjoy reading it.

message 21: by Dillon (new)

Dillon Shamoun | 1 comments I currently checked out the hunger games

message 22: by Alex (new)

Alex George-hampton | 2 comments The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Stasilowicz | 2 comments Im reading Catching Fire by Suzan Collins. I think its a great book so far and I enjoy reading it.

message 24: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Uyttendaele | 2 comments i am currently reading A lesson Before Dying by Ernest J Gains. This is a very interesting book so far.

message 25: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Willemsen | 2 comments Color Of Water: A Triubute To His White Mother

message 26: by Melissa (last edited Oct 08, 2012 06:05AM) (new)

Melissa | 2 comments TheUglies by Scott Westerfield is really good so far. It's about this girl and boy who used to be best friends. When you turn 16 you get a surgary to become a pretty, and shes an ugly. Uglies are treated really bad and can't be caught associating with the pretties.

message 27: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Hicks | 2 comments I am reading The Child Called It By: David P.
It's about a boy that is abused by his parents when he was really little but he finally gets away in the end.

message 28: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Kassab | 1 comments I'm reading The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

message 29: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (Mocephus) | 2 comments A Dance with Dragons by Geore R.R. Martin. 5th book in the ASOIAF series or The Game of Thrones series. It is AMAZING and will make you want to both slap and hug GRRM every time you try to turn a page. So many circles within circles and deaths that arn't really deaths. The only constant throughout the entire series is that after every book a litte part of you will die knowing that at least one main character is gone forever. I mean who the &%$# does Martin think he is, spending 40 pages giving a perfect detailed background for a character just to have him die of a minor blood infection for no good reason... still a great series though :)

message 30: by Señor Jimmie (new)

Señor Jimmie Limon | 2 comments I am reading The Godfather by Mario Puzo

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Kalaj | 2 comments I am reading Stay by Debcaletti

message 32: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 3 comments I am reading "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman. It seems like an interesting book and I think I'll like it.

message 33: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 2 comments I am reading "Da Vinvi Code" by Dan Brown.
I like it so far as it is page turning,filled with mysteries and unexpected twists and turns.I can't wait to finish it,very good book so far.

message 34: by Michael (new)

Michael | 2 comments i am reading "The GodFather" by Mario Puzo

message 35: by Abbott (new)

Abbott Wang | 3 comments Thr Road by Cormac Mccarthy, This book is about a dad and his son trying to survive in a post apocalyptes future.

message 36: by Shane (last edited Oct 08, 2012 07:02AM) (new)

Shane Moffo | 4 comments I am reading Tim Tebow "through my eyes" by Tim Tebow and Nathanial Whitaker. Great book so far (; (; shows the importance of ethics and hardwork in any persons life. Tim Tebow is a great inspiration to anyone.

message 37: by Jiyoon (new)

Jiyoon Ha | 2 comments I am reading Ishmael: the adventure of the mind and spirit. its really interesting :)

message 38: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Mitchell | 2 comments I am reading The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein and i like it so far because it is from the point of view of a dog and it is really different from anything else i have read.

message 39: by Jalen (new)

Jalen Cooper | 3 comments I am reading Cell by Stephen King. It is humans turning into zombies when they talk on the phone. I like the book so far.

message 40: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Gonzalez | 2 comments you already know im reading a MAGAZINE about deer hunting because its that time of the year. Its titled Deer and Deer hunting. yall stay classy

message 41: by Connor (new)

Connor Myers | 2 comments I am reading The Enchantress. I am only in the beginning, but of what I've read is amazing there is so much action and suspense.

message 42: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn | 1 comments I was reading the Butter Battle Book by Dr. Seuss. i have never read it before and it was so cute. i really like it and all the pictures :)

message 43: by Allison (new)

Allison Gluchowski | 1 comments I am reading something borrowed. I have not read much yet but it's a very good book so far.

message 44: by Jake (new)

Jake Patterson | 1 comments Im gonna start reading Naked Heat, by Richard Castle, its pretty much just figurng out who killed some radom guy or gal im sure, oh and dont let the title fool you, its not like some super innapropriate book or anything like that.

message 45: by Celicia (new)

Celicia Bledsoe | 2 comments I am reading Jason & Kyra by Dana Davidson. This novel is about two African American teenagers (boy&girl)that come from two different social groups/networks. They attend the same High School and share the same class for the start of the school year. They began to do work together for a class project and soon enough, gained feelings for one another. This book is very interesting and intriguing(:

message 46: by Azal (new)

Azal | 3 comments I'm reading "Fighting First Love" which is a book I'm reading on WattPad which is an app you can download where authors can publish their stories and get direct opinions from their readers on improvements or just praise!

message 47: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 2 comments I am reading Why Men Love Bitches because I feel ever girl needs to have her own mind and not rely on a guy for anything. Even in a realtionship, it is important to "hold your own" and never let anyone control you or tell you whats right and wrong! Personally, any girl who has issues with herself and wants to learn how to be more in control and secure with herself,this is a great read, or if you would just like to understand the male mind to a greater extent then this is also a great read of you!

message 48: by Paris (new)

Paris | 2 comments I'm currently enjoying reading a book called "Crank", it's about a young girl named Kristina who gets addicted to drugs, she trys to hide the fact that she is addicted to drigs from her family. The young girl struggles day to day to be cleasn, but it's hard so she turns to boys to feel that void. She finds two guys one named Chase and the other named brendan, Brendan rapes here then noticing herself falling for chase, as thats happens she finds out she preganant with brendans child she tells Chase and he accepts that. Kristina falls behind in school her bff's leave her, she finds herself alone. Thats all that has happened so far.

message 49: by Ellana (new)

Ellana Collins | 3 comments Last week I read a couple chapters about India in my World History book, about the Caste system and rulers and how the whole society works in India. It was really interesting, at how the whole society works.

message 50: by Amber (new)

Amber Czygan | 3 comments I chose to read 3rd Degree by James Patterson a few weeks ago. I only read the first few chapters, but so far it is very intense!

« previous 1

50x66

English 11AA - Ms. Knapp and Ms. Perez

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Uglies (other topics)
Burned (other topics)