Trans-Atlantic Bibliophiles discussion

Bonus Books > Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane (dianders1) | 136 comments Mod
I LOVED this book. I've read criticisms of it from other people, and I understand what they're saying, but I really enjoyed it. I knew nothing about the German occupation of the Channel Islands, and I learned a lot. Each character had such a strong literary voice, and while I saw the end coming a mile away I was still thrilled when it happened that way.

I know that Pat and Holly have read this as well, and hopefully some of the rest of you. What did you think?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate | 15 comments I might be confused. Is this the next book we are reading, or is it something else? I would like to read this one, or whatever else you had coming next.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane (dianders1) | 136 comments Mod
It's not the next book, because there isn't a book club set of it. But several of us have read it so I opened up a discussion for it. You'll love it, Kate!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate | 15 comments You've talked me into it. I'll read it. Of course I also read the shampoo bottle if there is nothing else in the bathroom at the time. I might have a disease, a reading disease. :) Thanks for the heads up.