Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Trinity: Military War Dog (A Breed Apart, # 1)
This topic is about Trinity
Archived Buddy Reads > ❀Elizabeth and Melanie❀ Trinity: Military War Dog by Ronie Kendig

Comments (showing 1-50 of 70) (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Megan, ☘ If there's a key, then there has to be a lock ☘ (new) - added it

Megan (Celtic_Girl) | 5605 comments Mod
❀Elizabeth and Melanie❀ Trinity: Military War Dog by Ronie Kendig

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Any idea when you want to get started on this one? No rush just planning ahead =)

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melanie (LoveBeingVegan) | 7709 comments Mod
Would Oct. 22nd work for you? Or is that too late?

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments That would be great for me!

message 5: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay, great! Let's plan on starting it then and discussing it that week? Do you want to read it in fourths, thirds, or halves?

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Well counting the prologue and epilogue there are 51 chapters so it breaks down a little weird. Thirds would be 17 chapters each, assuming I can count =) Want to do that?

message 7: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sure! 17 chapters each sounds great. Looking forward to starting it on the 22nd. :)

message 8: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Oct 23, 2012 04:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elizabeth - Are you ready to start this book? If so, then I'll start reading it. If not, I'm totally fine with waiting until you're ready to read it. :)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Yes I'm fixing to start it now. I'm looking forward to reading this one!

message 10: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay, then I'll try to start it tonight or tomorrow morning. :) I'm really looking forward to this book, too! :)

message 11: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Something came up and I probably won't be able to read the first third until Friday or Saturday... I hope that is okay.

I'm so sorry for how long it's taking me. :(

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments That's fine it may take me that long to read it anyway. I'm more of a slow motion reader =)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Okay I haven't read the first section yet and I have no excuse except I am easily distracted =) So sorry! I'm starting it tonight though.

message 14: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

No problem... I haven't started it yet, either. :/

message 15: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just finished the first third (chapters 1-17).

Looking forward to discussing it whenever you are ready. Sorry it took me SOOOOO long to start this book.

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Okay I'm finishing up this section today, want to discuss tomorrow?

message 17: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sure! Tomorrow should be fine. :)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments I apologize for not having this section finished on time! I've had a bad case of reader's block and just have not been able to make myself sit down and read =( I'm over it today though and and finishing the first section right now. It certainly started off with a bang and I can't wait to dive a little deeper!

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments If you're a night owl I'll be done this afternoon/later tonight.

message 20: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm kind of going through reader's block, too. The books I'm reading are good, I just don't feel like reading... I hope I get over it soon.

Tonight or tomorrow to discuss would be great! :)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Ugh! Isn't reader's block the worst? I'll let you know when I get finished up.

message 22: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yes it is! Especially when you have a couple books you HAVE to finish soon (I have a few books for review that need to be read ASAP) and you just don't feel like reading. :(

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Alright, I'm finished up and ready to discuss whenever you are. It's been really good so far!

message 24: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I agree - the book is really good so far! :) I'm ready to discuss, just got to go get my book. :)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Okay the Chinese man that wanted to talk to the general, is he Darci's brother? Which would be pretty interesting since I think he's also the replacement son for the guy Darci was with during her undercover mission. This is all very confusing having to piece things together as I go.

message 26: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm finding parts of the story confusing too. Like who tried to kill Darci? Was it Tao or someone else? Also, the whole thing with her brother - I have no idea who he is, but you might be right about him being Haur.

It seems like there is a lot that isn't being completely told yet... and we are just getting parts of the story.

What did you think about Trinity? I LOVE that dog! All of the training and stuff she does - so amazing! :)

I'm finding it really interesting how Heath keeps thinking he doesn't belong there. Oh, and his head wound worries me - I have a feeling something major is going to happen regarding that.

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments I keep having to flip back and double check all these names and make sure I'm talking about the right people =) Yes I'm slightly confused about who hurt Darci. I thought it was Jianyu, but I don't have any idea who Tao is. Maybe Jianyu's general? Now that Haur is here I'm just plain confused lol

I'm in LOVE with Trinity! She's got such a great personality and she's so Loyal and in love with Heath. It's sort of heart wrenching when he realizes how much she loves her work and that he just can't do it anymore.

Heath is a very interesting character. I think Ms Kendig has done a really good job of having him realistically work through his TBI and figuring out his own limits.

I also think I'm gonna like Watters and Candyman a lot.

message 28: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

LOL! I have to double check the names, too!

Oh, I agree! It is heart wrenching how Trinity loves her work and Heath can't do it anymore.

Me too! Watters and Candyman seem like great guys. :)

So what do you think about that last chapter we read with Darci? Do you think she'll get captured? or maybe those people at the cave will help her??

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments So much happened in that last chapter! Is (was?) Toque an intelligence agent too? What was he doing out there?!? I hope she doesn't get captured but I feel like it's headed that way. I hope not but I feel like the Chinese will kill Badria if they get captured.

message 30: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I feel the same way - that Badria will get killed if Darci gets captured, which would be really sad (especially after all she's been through).

Toque really intrigues me. I wonder if he is an agent and if so, if he is a good or bad one (I tend to think good). :) I liked how he sent Darci a message to get help via flashes and I hope he didn't die.

Oh, and I loved the scene where Trinity and Beowolf meet in chapter two. :)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments I did like where we met the other ABA dogs and their handlers, especially when Beowulf's bark rippled time and space lol. Poor Talon. He's so messed up without Aspen's brother. I didn't initially like Timbrel either but I just had to get over the initial attitude.

I'm wondering what Jianyu is even doing in the mountains. I thought maybe it had something to do wiht Darci but Haur is saying something about an international incident so I really have no idea. He and his guys are definitely bad business though!

It's so sad about Heath's uncle too. I wish he could understand that it wasn't his uniform that made him so proud.

message 32: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah, I don't know why Jianyu is in the mountains either... I guess time will tell. :)

I totally agree! I felt so bad for Heath because it seems like he thinks his uncle was only proud of him because of his uniform.

I didn't really like Timbrel at first either, but she's grown on me and I kind of like her now.

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments That's all I can think of for this first section. Anything I missed?

message 34: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I can't think of anything else... want to read the next 17 chapters??

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Sure, when do you want to discuss?

message 36: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wednesday, maybe, if we are both done by then. Is that fine with you?

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Sounds good to me!

message 38: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Great. :) I'll work on getting it read by then. :)

message 39: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay, I finished chapter 34 and am ready to discuss whenever you are. Let me just say, another horrible place to stop. :)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Okay I'm finishing this section up, want to discuss tomorrow? And I'll get my act together for the last section =)

message 41: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sure, tomorrow should be good. :)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Well that was certainly an exciting section! I was so glad when the Afghanistan doctor was able to help Heath and he had that immediate relief. So much got thrown at you in this section it's crazy.

message 43: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Me too! I was kind of nervous when the doctor was working on Heath, but was glad things turned out okay and he felt relief. :)

I was surprised that Peter was a British agent - I didn't expect that - I thought he might have been an American agent sent to keep an eye on Darci.

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments I was surprised about Peter! I was thinking along the same line as you. I still can't quiet figure him out, though.

Jianyu is very messed up! When he first mentioned a baby I was shocked!

I completely understand why Watterboy was concerned about Heath coming on the mission but it was still hard hearing it and knowing how bad it hurt him.

message 45: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I was surprised too! I wonder whether or not there really is a baby...

It was. I felt really bad for Heath... even though he himself thought he shouldn't go on the mission. Still, hearing someone else say that would really hurt. I loved how Lance forced Heath to go on the mission by threatening him.

Trinity surprised me by leaving Heath. I was nervous that she might have gotten shot, but was so relieved when she was fine. It was great when she rescued Darci!! She's such a great dog! :)

I think Heath is finally starting to realize that Darci is the woman that visited him while he was in a coma! :)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Oh, I'm always nervous when Trinity leaves Heath. I don't want anything to happen to her! I hoped that's what she was doing when she broke behavior, now I just want to know who that is bursting through the door!

I have to wonder if there really is a baby too. I know Darci said it was a lie but she would never tell Jianyu if it wasn't. That would be an interesting turn of events!

Things got even more confusing when General Zheng came and told Lance Haur was the one they should really be worried about! What is going on here!?!

I did chuckle when Lance forced Heath on the mission and when he was wishing for a Dr Pepper IV =)

I hope he figures out it was Darci soon. But I also feel like she's the person who gave bad Intel and got Heath injured. I have to wonder how he would handle that since this injury has changed his life so much.

message 47: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Are you talking about the person who burst through the door at the end of chapter 33?

I know! It's really confusing regarding Haur and Jianyu. Who's the bad guy? :|

LOL! The Dr Pepper IV thing was hilarious! :)

Yeah, I think she is partly to blame for Heath's injury, too. I have a feeling he'll get angry at first, when/if he finds out, and then get over it... we'll see. :)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Yes, we were supposed to stop at 33 right? Or we were reading a couple more? Oops, I can't count =)

I feel like Haur's a lot more stable than Jianyu and definitely less destructive but then he keeps saying random things that don't really make sense right now. So I have no idea who's the ultimate bad guy!

I like Lance a lot and it seems like he really does think of Darci as a daughter. I still want to hear more about Darci's family and this crazy past of theirs.

I do think he'll be angry (who could blame him?) but he really does have a special connection with her that I don't think he'll want to give up. And Trinity likes her a lot so that has to count for something =)

I love how Heath is always calling Trinity his girl and how he says she's everything to him!

message 49: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I had thought we were supposed to read chapter 34... At least I didn't give anything away regarding that. :)

I SO want to learn more about Darci's family and past! There seems to be so much we don't know...

Oh, me too! Heath and Trinity's relationship is so sweet! :)

I loved how Heath wished he could keep Trinity's vest - that whole scene was great! :)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments He was like a kid at Christmas when he opened it up =) I really hope they do let him keep it. Also, I'd love to see Trinity in her Doggles, how cute would that be?

I liked seeing how Heath's relationships with Aspen and Hogan are growing too. Hogan got on my nerves when we first met her but I like her a lot now. I'm actually looking forward to her and Beowulf's book to learn more about them.

« previous 1