CafeMom-The Book Club discussion

Which first??

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kat (A Journey In Reading) (ajourneyinreading) I posted this on CM as well....but lets see what you ladies think!

Welllllllllllllllll, I found out last night by wandering the internet.... that the county that I live in does a "universal" library card. You can have a library card at one of the libraries in the county, and go to ANY library in the county and use it..... you can also look online...do a search for a book that you want...reserve it...and they will send it to the library of your choosing..... pretty sweet, right???

I go today and get my card...........I came home with 9 of the 40 books!!!

Now I have to figure out which one to read first!!! Here's what I got.....

The Golden Notebook..Doris Lessing
Beloved...Toni Morrison
Long Way Gone.... Ishmael Beah
The Thirteenth Tale....Diane Setterfield
The Road...Cormac McCarthy
The Glass Castle....Jeanette Walls
Gods in Alabama....Joshilyn Jackson
Time Traveler's Wife...Audrey Niffenegger
Widow of the South....Robert Hicks

Any suggestions which to read first?!?!?!?

message 2: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (splummer54) I would read Beloved by Toni Morrison. Only because I love reading books set in that time frame. Second choice would be The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. Take Care!!

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather (pinkprincessmommy) | 20 comments The Glass Castle was really good. Also, I found it to be a quick read. So I would recommend that one.

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna (dag57) | 28 comments The Time Traveler's Wife is in my top 10 fav books so I would vote for that one first...great list though - looks like you'll be busy all winter!!