Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

A Promise to Love (Michigan Northwoods, #2)
This topic is about A Promise to Love
Archived Buddy Reads > ❀Dawn and Melanie❀ A Promise to Love by Serena B. Miller

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan, ☘ If there's a key, then there has to be a lock ☘ (new) - added it

Megan (Celtic_Girl) | 5605 comments Mod
❀Dawn and Melanie❀ A Promise to Love by Serena B. Miller

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments Let's do this one the same way as Twice Promised. I can start reading this over the weekend.

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melanie (LoveBeingVegan) | 7709 comments Mod
Okay. :) I might be able to start it then as well.

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn - I'm starting the book now. :)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments I'm starting it tonight. I've been out of town all weekend and didn't bring it. And since I just finished the Mark of Athena, I'm ready to jump into this one!

message 6: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I was going to start it earlier, but then started You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren. I'm going to start A Promise to Love tonight. :)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments No worries. I'm well past chapter 10 right now, so we'll just discuss as you go. I'm really enjoying it.

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments I'm finished with it, so we can discuss at any time.

message 9: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm on chapter 12 now.

I loved how Ingrid got Bertie back. It was so funny how she planned it mostly out beforehand and I loved how she watched everything the grandparents did (like eating, cleaning, etc.) So funny!

message 10: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments I loved that part too! I also loved how Ingrid told Agnes to go play with her sisters.

I seriously didn't expect to read this that quickly.

message 11: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Oct 16, 2012 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn wrote: "I loved that part too! I also loved how Ingrid told Agnes to go play with her sisters. "

Oh, yes, that was so nice of her!

I feel kind of bad for Ingrid right now regarding how Joshua invited her to his room, but then left. I like how she acted for a while, though, making him sleep in the barn. LOL!

It is a quick read...I just haven't had much reading time.

message 12: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments I know! I felt bad for Ingrid too!

And no rush on the reading. I came home from mt retreat on Sunday and was pretty quickly engrossed in this book.

message 13: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Finished it. Wow! I loved it! Ingrid was such a strong woman! Rowing that boat for so long must have been so difficult.

It was so horrible the reason for Josh's first wife's death, wasn't it?

message 14: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments Yes it was. And the way that Ingrid tried to protect Josh and the children from finding out exactly how dark their wife/mother's thoughts were.

But it takes Josh almost losing Ingrid to the fires to realize that he truly loves her. Especially when he runs across Buttons and sees the whip marks and knows that the only reason Buttons would have them is because Ingrid was trying to save his family. I think that had to be rather eye-opening for him.

message 15: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, I think so too. Oh, and the scene by the lake where Josh is getting ready to leave, but then hears something and starts calling out - so great! I couldn't help smiling. :)

message 16: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments I know! Especially since both She-Wolf and Buttons sensed it.

message 17: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes! I loved how that dog acted on the boat - so cute! :)

I do kind of wish there would have been more to that scene - it ended a little too early in my opinion...but at least there was an epilogue! :)

message 18: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments Totally! I'm hoping that she develops this into a series and writes more with them.

message 19: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Me too! I loved how Katie and some of the other characters from The Measure of Katie Calloway: A Novel were in this book... I hope Serena will do the same with the characters in A Promise to Love in future books. :)