City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones question

What do you think of the cast for the movie?
Jules Jules Sep 25, 2012 07:12PM
I actually don't like the cast. Nobody fits any of the images I envisioned and I just wanna know if anyone else agrees or if you think they did a good job casting(I know they aren't done yet but so far the only person I really even like is who they cast for Valentine and Luke).

I. LOVE. THEM!

Emily I love Robbie as Simon, he's the only one I'm really sold upon, but perhaps I#m biased after watching him on Misfits. I like Godfrey Gao, I've seen so ...more
Apr 10, 2013 07:30PM

Julie wrote: "I actually don't like the cast. Nobody fits any of the images I envisioned and I just wanna know if anyone else agrees or if you think they did a good job casting(I know they aren't done yet but so..."

I feel the same way! And the girl playing Isabelle is shorter than the girl playing Clary! None of them fits. For Jace, I wish they would have been able to get Alex Pettyfer, he fits my image better

im not sold on the cast yet. the ages are just not right. but i saw the set pictures and im hopeful that once the movie is out my opinion will change..i actually think the onlt casting they did right was Simon.

Guys, the complaining train left a long time ago. If you've been following the cast and the filming updates, then you would have complete faith in all of the actors like I do. It doesn't matter who you envisioned them to be (because unfortunately nobody cares), Cassandra Clare is happy. I thought people were done with all the "Jamie doesn't look blah blah blah" and this person is too this and that. Seriously guys? Casting directors are tying to make you happy so that they can make money. So obviously these were the best people they could find. I don't know about you, but I would sacrifice appearance for the sake of a actually portraying the character. Besides, the actors are perfect just the way they are. If you don't believe me, I'll be waiting to say I told you so on August 23, 2013.

F 25x33
Tracy I didn't even know there was gonna be a book until now, so all of the cast is new to me....
Oct 01, 2012 05:42PM

deleted member Oct 01, 2012 10:46AM   0 votes
i like them all. i think they could have made isabell a bit more striking

I mean I pictured Jace way different but I think Jamie will do good. We can't have an exact match to Jace as we saw in our heads....the image we saw is our imagination. I personally think Clary is better than what I saw her as in my head because I pictured her...well...ugly LOL. And the pictures on the covers of the books just...made me think Clary was even more ugly. I actually don't know about Simon because I picture him more..Scene/nerdy.weird and I'd love to see how they play him off as the sexy vampire. Isabelle...eh the girl doesn't have the WOW factor they talk about in the book. Isabelle is supposed to be absolutely stunning and idk I just don't think the actress has it. Alec, is alright now what I expected but you never know...maybe he's perfect. We'll just have to wait and see. Maybe they picked the perfect cast, maybe not. BUT I CAN'T WAIT<3

I actually love the cast. Jamie practically is Jace (a British version of him, anyway), with the smirk and the chillness that just speaks JACE for me. Robbie, again, is practically Simon, with the guy-next-door type cuteness that makes you want to give him a hug. Lily as Clary I like, and Jemima I'm reserving judgment on, because I don't really know much about her and haven't seen her speak very much. But I'm still excited about her interpretation of Isabelle.

Looking forward to this cast :D

i completely agree! none of them look even vaguely how i imagined, especially Jace and Clary. i dont even want to see the movie because i dont feel like it will ever live up to how i imagined everything when i read the books...

Julie wrote: "I actually don't like the cast. Nobody fits any of the images I envisioned and I just wanna know if anyone else agrees or if you think they did a good job casting(I know they aren't done yet but so..."

I think everyone fits their roles, except for Jamie Campbell Bower and Lily Collins. Jamie is ugly looking and doesn't have the charm or muscle tone I was envisioning for Jace. Wheres as Lily is WAY to pretty to be Clary. Clary is supposed to be a average looking girl, and Lily is super pretty and doesn't look like a Clary at all. Plus, her hair dye job isn't the best either.

I love almost everyone EXCEPT for Clary's. They could have done a LOT better than Lily Collins.

I dont like the cast at all. None of them fit their roles. Simon is supposed to be a little awkward and the dude playing him is not. Lilly Collins was a poor choice for clary because she does not fit the part at all. I could see her on disney channel or something. Jamie Cambell Bower is not right for Jace at all. He seems to old.

i like all of them except for the guy who plays jace. he just doesn't seem to fit that character.