FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Information/Resources > book discussion?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

mary elizabeth  Williams hi all, i am planning on reading Mark Bittman's new book Food Matters. Would anyone be interested in reading it also and having a sort of discussion? This is a goodreads group after all.
I need to request it from the library, so it might take me a while to get a copy.

message 2: by Angelica (last edited Feb 08, 2009 01:42PM) (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Hey Beth,

I'll read it with you. I'm embarrassed to say that if it's on the Kindle, I'll read it. Let me know when you get it. I'll download it.
Petu

mary elizabeth  Williams ok sounds good petunia. i'll let you know when i receive it!

mary elizabeth  Williams no word on the book yet petunia... hopefully i will get it before it becomes time for BEACH READING!

message 5: by Jenbrandau341 (new)

Jenbrandau341 | 80 comments Hey yall I would like to read that book too but I'm a real slow reader...but let me know when you start it.

message 6: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Keep me posted Beth. Send me an email when you get it and I'll read it with you both. Welcome Jen!

message 7: by Jenbrandau341 (new)

Jenbrandau341 | 80 comments Thanks...I should start it now and get a head start but I working on finishing my current book... yes I'm ocd and cannot read one without finishing the other but it looks like a great book.

message 8: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) I read multiple books. Can't just do one!

message 9: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Beth,
Have you heard about the book yet? Even though I'm not online as much, I'm still checking in. I'm def. interested in reading it. Just let me know when you get it.
Petu

mary elizabeth  Williams Sorry Petunia! I am still waiting to get it from the library.
I am reading Half Assed right now, which is absolutely great. Have you read that one?

message 11: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Yes, but I sputtered out in the middle of it. I should pick it up again. How far are you along in it?

mary elizabeth  Williams I just finished it actually. I thought it was the best book I've read on weight loss experience.

message 13: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) so beth, what's next on your list?

mary elizabeth  Williams Next... is Does THis Clutter Make My BUTT Look Fat by Peter Walsh. I am not usually a fan of books like this because I find them preaching-- but I thought I would give this one a try. I'll let you know if I think its worth while!

message 15: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Picked up Half Assed again last night. I think I'm about halfway through. Seriously, keep me posted on the clutter book.

message 16: by mary elizabeth (last edited Mar 16, 2009 04:38AM) (new)

mary elizabeth  Williams The clutter book is awful actually. I read the intro and first chapter and was not impressed. Its all stuff we've heard before-- Americans are fat, spend to much money and hate to throw things out. I am returning it to the library today.
I decided to read A Giant's House instead, which is supposed to be a good romance. My BF is going out of town on a business trip so I thought I would read something with a little love. On a side note, I also am renting a whole bunch of Hugh Grant movies to watch while he is gone! Yeah for chick flicks!

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
About A Boy is in my top 3 favorite movies of all time!
Delicious Hugh Grant...

mary elizabeth  Williams mine too!!

message 19: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Love the chick flicks actually! One of my all time favs... You Got Mail...

message 20: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Just finished Half Assed. Was good! I really liked the ending. Beth, did you get the book the Food Matters book yet?

message 21: by Jenbrandau341 (new)

Jenbrandau341 | 80 comments I got the book Food Matters today. I have about 80 pages left on the book that I am currently reading and then I am gonna start it. Let me know if you all still plan on reading it or if you have finished it yet. Looks like a quick read it has alot of recipes.