UK Book Club discussion

Random Chit-Chat > Tell me two things.....

Comments Showing 1-50 of 115 (115 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 547 comments I came across this game in another group and thought is was fun.

Basically Person A will pose the question ..tell me 2 things..and then add something.

example: tell me 2 things that make you smile.

Person B would answer those 2 things, and then pose their own question... tell me 2 things that you like to eat for breakfast..

.. and so on.

So I will start with my example.

Tell me 2 things that make you laugh..

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 104 comments What if I don't want to? I don't perform very well under pressure.

message 3: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 547 comments LOL its not compulsory. Only a little light hearted fun.

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen | 4238 comments That made me laugh. Trains planes and automobiles usually does too!

Tell me two things that you like to watch on TV!

message 5: by Michael Cargill (last edited Sep 25, 2012 01:49PM) (new)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 104 comments I like to watch the pretty weather girls tell me it's going to be sunny all day.

Also anything that David Attenborough does.

Tell me two things that you wouldn't want to be trapped inside a lift with.

message 6: by Dave (new)

Dave Wood (pocket7976) | 985 comments No other people - I really hate lifts at the best of times if I have to share I might get claustrophobic
No Clowns in my lift please evil scary things

Tell me 2 things that make you go hmmm

message 7: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 547 comments Wasn't that a song ? Lol

message 8: by Dave (last edited Sep 26, 2012 02:50PM) (new)

Dave Wood (pocket7976) | 985 comments LOL yes - which truth be told was playing on the computer when I wrote that :)

message 9: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments Things that make me go hmmmm (song now stuck in my head, thanks guys!) are...

1. My daughters asking how exactly the Dads seed gets into the Mums tummy - did she swallow it?????

2. My husband confessing that he went into a panic and answered yes to the above!!!!

You can't let them think that! I had to explain it all again the next day, starting with "Dad made a bit of a mistake there..."!

Tell me 2 things that make your blood boil?

message 10: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 547 comments hahahaha I am gonna laugh all night about that answer Em, whilst humming that darn song.

message 11: by Louise (new)

Louise I really wanted to join in with this, but cant actually think of two things that make my blood boil...

am slightly irritated by every presenter on top gear if that helps!!!

message 12: by Ian, Moderator (new)

Ian (pepecan) | 5528 comments Mod
Em wrote: "Things that make me go hmmmm (song now stuck in my head, thanks guys!) are...

1. My daughters asking how exactly the Dads seed gets into the Mums tummy - did she swallow it?????

2. My husband co..."

So how does it Em?

Blood boil -

a) Hillsborough and the continuing lack of justice
b) Kelvin Mackenzie

What are your 2 favourite songs ever?

message 13: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments Well Ian, when two people love each other very much (or had too many tequilla slammers).....

Just two songs? That's impossible!

message 14: by Grant (new)

Grant (grantjamesturner) | 12 comments I can do two songs easily; Pink Floyd - Set the controls for the heart of the sun and Burial - Etched Headplate

Tell me two things that you feel incomplete without

message 15: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments Louise wrote: "I really wanted to join in with this, but cant actually think of two things that make my blood boil...

am slightly irritated by every presenter on top gear if that helps!!!"

Only slightly?!

message 16: by Ian, Moderator (new)

I feel incomplete without my underpants and BBC 6 Music.

message 17: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 547 comments Lol Ian.
And what question are you posing ?

message 18: by Grant (new)

Grant (grantjamesturner) | 12 comments Lol, sounds like your days are quite interesting!

message 19: by Ian, Moderator (new)

Sorry, forgot the question - what are your two favourite days of the year excludng birthdays and Christmas?

message 20: by Dave (new)

Dave Wood (pocket7976) | 985 comments Oh good one Ian

Hmmmm may have to cheat slightly here

Last Night of the Proms - always spent in Hyde Park watching the pop concert the BBC on. Good Friends/alcohol/music - and this year Kylie!!!

Last friday before Christmas - spent in Victoria Park in Barry, usually freezing cold, genearly soaking wet, playing xmas carols to raise money for MacMillan (Lynne if I get a cold this year I'm blaming you :P )

What are the 2 material things you can't live without?

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments @Dave, lovely cause to fundraise for but you can't blame me if you catch cold, I am a Marie Curie nurse!! I will come and look after you though if you are deemed end of life! Lol! Have a great sing, and hope you raise a nice bit for the charity though.

message 22: by Angela (new)

Angela (bookangel2) | 734 comments Dave wrote: "Oh good one Ian

Hmmmm may have to cheat slightly here

Last Night of the Proms - always spent in Hyde Park watching the pop concert the BBC on. Good Friends/alcohol/music - and this year Kylie!!!
..."

I can't live without books and my glasses - as in spectacles!

If you won the lottery, what would be the first 2 things you'd do with your money?

message 23: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 389 comments I'd share it with my family and get myself a chauffeur, preferably a driver as gorgeous as Jensen Button.

What are your two most annoying characteristics ?

message 24: by Angela (new)

Angela (bookangel2) | 734 comments Chris wrote: "I'd share it with my family and get myself a chauffeur, preferably a driver as gorgeous as Jensen Button.

What are your two most annoying characteristics ?"

Ooooo yes! J.B. as chauffeur - I'd definitely go for that:)

message 25: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 547 comments Always an exciting and speedy journey when you went out :)

message 26: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 389 comments Angela wrote: "Chris wrote: "I'd share it with my family and get myself a chauffeur, preferably a driver as gorgeous as Jensen Button.

Ooooo yes! J.B. as chau..."

I'd be happy to share Angela and Nikks, but only a little bit!

message 27: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments 1. I'm always right.
2. I'm never wrong.

Ask my husband.

Two things you do to relax...

message 28: by Nikks (last edited Oct 02, 2012 01:39PM) (new)

Nikks | 547 comments Chris wrote: "Angela wrote: "Chris wrote: "I'd share it with my family and get myself a chauffeur, preferably a driver as gorgeous as Jensen Button.

Ooooo ye..."

Angela - a day each maybe ?

Hahahaha Em, I am sure you are right and if you weren't whose gonna argue ? LOL

message 29: by Nikks (last edited Oct 02, 2012 01:39PM) (new)

Nikks | 547 comments To relax I curl up in bed with a good book and I spend time in my craft room, making cards, scrapbooking etc.

Two things you order for a pub lunch ?

message 30: by Susan (new)

Susan Sausage and Mash
Steak and Salad

Two things you would like for Christmas

message 31: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 547 comments Susan wrote: "Sausage and Mash
Steak and Salad

Two things you would like for Christmas"

Yummy to the sausage and mash Susan. I miss a pub lunch here in Canada :(

message 32: by Louise (new)

Louise two things for christmas???

season pass to the national theatre, soI dont have to spend hours waiting on the phone when I want certain tickets for certain dates

headphones, that dont fall out of my ear every time I yawn (I do that a lot) and if they were waterproof and attached to waterproof mp3 player so I could listen to a book and swim at the same time, all the better.

what two things would you save from your home if it was on fire (no people or pets!!)

message 33: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Oct 06, 2012 05:01AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments My valuable 3 stranded pearl necklace my lovely ex gave me, and a picture I have just purchased from Stratford of a little girl singing with a hairbrush with a shadow Blondie in the background.

What two things make you laugh?

message 34: by Susan (new)

Susan I love puns....they always make me smile

And my Grandchildren when they say funny things.

Two TV programmes you look forward too.....

message 35: by Nikks (last edited Oct 06, 2012 12:57PM) (new)

Nikks | 547 comments X Factor and Dr Who.

What were the first two things you said when you got up this morning ?

message 36: by Andy (new)

Andy Bird | 223 comments Good morning

Toast please.

2 most memorable moments of 2012 so far?

message 37: by Chris (last edited Oct 06, 2012 01:59PM) (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 389 comments 2 most memorable moments of 2012 so far?

Getting the "all-clear" after a major health scare

My daughter's incredible solo singing at a school concert

2 charities you feel compelled to support??

message 38: by Susan (new)

Susan The Salvation Army

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Two people in History you most admire

message 39: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 547 comments I want to play, but am still thinking about this one ..... It's hard !

message 40: by Ian, Moderator (new)

Martin Luther King and Bob Paisley.

What are your 2 fave books read so far this year?

message 41: by Louise (new)

Louise two that stand out as enjoyable were Skagboys by Irvine Welsh and Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Green

easy question.

two things always on your grocery/food shopping list???

message 42: by Ian, Moderator (new)

Diced pancetta (for risottos) and crumpets.

Two favourite meals?

message 43: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 389 comments Roast beef with yorkies and Chinese noodles

Two fashion disasters?

message 44: by Dave (new)

Dave Wood (pocket7976) | 985 comments Lynne - The Book Squirrel wrote: "My valuable 3 stranded pearl necklace my lovely ex gave me, and a picture I have just purchased from Stratford of a little girl singing with a hairbrush with a shadow Blondie in the background.

..."

Lynne is that one of the Craig Davison paintings? If so I really want the one with the boys pretending to be batman and Robin with the iconic characters in shadow behind them :)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments @Dave - Yes it is a Craig Davidson one! I am going to get another soon of the boy doing a wheelie with Steve McQueen behind him The great (ish) escape.

They are all very good that I have seen at the gallery. I have got them to represent my grown up kids. Sarah sings and Darren fell off his bike doing a wheelie on his 14th birthday and ended up in plaster for the whole of the school holidays!

message 46: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments Chris wrote: "Roast beef with yorkies and Chinese noodles

Two fashion disasters?"

Nikks has one notable lilac shellsuit she'd like to confess to, where are you Nikks? This ones a shoe-in for you!

message 47: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 547 comments Lmao what do you mean a fashion disaster - I loved that shell suit ! Hahaha
Thanks for remembering Em xxx

message 48: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments Ha! Don't tell me anything, I've got a memory like an elephant. I'm sure you looked ahem.... lovely in it!

message 49: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 547 comments Well I thought so ! Lol
I distinctly remember you admitting to some fashion faux pas - are you planning to answer chris' question ?

message 50: by Dave (new)

Dave Wood (pocket7976) | 985 comments Lynne - The Book Squirrel wrote: "@Dave - Yes it is a Craig Davidson one! I am going to get another soon of the boy doing a wheelie with Steve McQueen behind him The great (ish) escape.

They are all very good that I have seen a..."

Ouch sounds painful!! Love CD's art but haven't been able to afford it yet :(

« previous 1 3