Lush Library discussion

General goodreads > Mod Announcement

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
I have just travelled up to Scotland for the month. Will be flying out to Houston for 9 days to see if we want to rellocate. So can you other lovely mods take over duties for a month?

No need to open up threads for new books. Someone will need to swap the books in and out (maybe open a poll to see what people plan to read and then put the most popular books up - as many as you like so that people don't get confused and think that we are only reading a couple). You need to go in to the book at the top of the page (Fevre Dream and The Lighthouse) and change them to 'read' and change the 'shelves' to past book of the month instead of currently reading and book-of-the-month then go in to the new reads and change them to currently reading and book-of-the-month (it is simple). Someone will need to open up the voting threads and polls for November's reads. If anyone fancies sending out a group mail that would be great. I think that is it:)

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
Have a lovely time, we will look after it all for you and promise not to have any parties whilst you are away ;D

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (scheherazade) | 364 comments Mod
Have a great time, Kirsty! We'll still be here when you get back :)

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
I've moved Septembers books and will add a poll for October reads tomorrow as don't have time right now, but does anyone have a suggestion for Novembers themed book?

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Are we still doing continents?

message 6: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
We can do or if there's something else you'd rather pick we can do that too. There's so few of us reading the monthly book we might as well pick any category we want - we could even just go for 2 non themed books if people prefer?

message 7: by Sarah (last edited Oct 04, 2012 03:50AM) (new)

I think a theme is nice -- unless there are two strong contenders from the normal nominations. What about a book that's recently been made into a film? That might inspire people a little more. Or another book of short stories?

Sam (VanillaFountain) | 577 comments Mod
Sorry I've been AWOL everyone just been so busy with the kids being back at school and potty training the little one, I have very little time at the moment. I will try to come on more I promise :) xx