Strange Chemistry Books discussion

Your favourite book of 2012?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (magemanda) | 10 comments Mod
It is NEVER too early to start thinking about your favourite book of the year :-)

Mine is still The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis - I read this back in February, but it has just stayed with me!

What is yours?

message 2: by Abhinav (new)

Abhinav (shadowhawk) | 2 comments Jane Carver of Waar by Nathan Long, hands down. This is Edgar Rice Burroughs' A Princess of Mars, except that the protag is Jane Carver, not John Carter and the world it is set on is original. This is a fantastic book which made me fall in love with the protag and is also a fair modernisation of Burroughs' classic.

message 3: by Benito (new)

Benito Corral (benitocorral) | 2 comments Tough one! It 's a tie between SEVEN WONDERS and GREEN THUMB for me

message 4: by Alek (new)

Alek Cristea (alek_cristea) | 2 comments It's a bit of a tie for me in between SONGS OF THE EARTH by Elspeth Cooper and BLOOD AND FEATHERS by Lou Morgan.

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth (emmanadine) The Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey and The Fault in our Stars by John Green. Both are absolutely fantastic.

message 6: by Milo (new)

Milo  (miloafc) | 3 comments Very tough choice. Couldn't pick a key 'favourite', but I've certainly got some good 2012 stuff from different genres:

Debut: Myke Cole's Control Point
Sci-Fi: Caliban's War by James SA Corey
Fantasy: The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks
Urban Fantasy: The Wrong Goodbye by Chris F. Holm

This may change though, I'm planning to read 2012 releases from (if I can get copies of them when they're released) Peter F. Hamilton (The Great North Road), Joe Abercrombie (Red Country), Jim Butcher (Cold Days), Tad Williams (The Dirty Streets of Heaven), Mark Lawrence (King of Thorns) and Ben Aaronvitch (Whispers Under Ground), as well as as many Strange Chemistry releases that I can find before the end of 2012.

And maybe Lou Morgan's Blood and Feathers as well if I can manage it.

For non 2012 releases, I'd have to pick Storm of Swords by GRRM. Have finally caught up with A Song of Ice and Fire, and it remains my favourite series that I've read so far from any genre. Slowly catching up on the TV series as well, enjoying it if I am only on Episode 5.

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 8 comments So many I loved this year. Still thinking on it and will have to come back to this question.

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness came out in 2011, but I read it in 2012. It will end up on my best of list for sure. So moving, beautiful and true.