What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > romance, supernatural component, red shiny cover, two main characters (female and male who is in a wheelchair, blind?)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 16 comments general impression is after some big event, the two main characters (female and male who is in a wheelchair, blind?) are trying to figure out what's next. (something supernatural happened)

Scene: female meets another guy who is strangely attractive to her (bad boy kind of way), at a bookstore? supernatural event they previously encountered had left her with some kind of powers to read people but not bad boy guy which intrigues her

Scene: bad boy guy comes to see female for some reason at her apartment, somehow he ends up giving her a massage (with oil)(sex possible or was just leading up to it) when wheelchair guy comes to the apartment, she feels guilty doesn't know why/how this happened so she covers it up that bad boy is there

Scene: later, turns out bad boy really is a bad guy, he's possessed in some way by this evil power (that they apparently fought with before?)and is trying to kill her (because some kind of power from a sensei type old guy has been passed on to her?). she's being buried alive when by an extreme effort of will (and because he loves the girl so much), wheelchair guy stands up and hits? bad guy and rescues her.

message 2: by A book away from an episode of hoarders (last edited Sep 25, 2012 02:29PM) (new)

A book away from an episode of hoarders (fidgit77) | 257 comments Some bits of this remind me of the Georgina Kincaid series.

The first one is Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead has a scene that is pretty similar to the one you described. The cover is red too.

Georgina works at a bookstore and the "good" guy in this book is a writer named Seth who does his writing at the coffee shop in the bookstore.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 16 comments You're right that it sounds kind of similar (i've actually read the ones you mentioned too) but i guess i forgot to mention that I read the book in the 90s and it was from a garage sale so the book itself is probably from before the 90s.....

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (dejameek) | 53 comments Was the main character's name Gaia? If so, then you're thinking of Fearless.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 16 comments Hmmm...not sure. It sounds very promising though I though I'd read it before that series was published...and the characters seemed older but since my memories are so vague I'll check it out and let you know if you were right. Thanks for an excellent option!!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39281 comments Mod
Laura, are you still looking for this book? Was it Fearless?

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 16 comments I don't think it was Fearless because I definitely read it in the 90s and i don't think the characters were teenagers (based on the sexual tension).

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 16 comments yup :(

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking now?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 16 comments still looking though pretty much given up

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

If you're still interested in finding the book, we can move this back to Unsolved. Then you should bump the thread every few months to get new members looking at it.

Let us know.