The Cabinet of Curiosities (Pendergast #3, Nora Kelly #0.5) The Cabinet of Curiosities discussion

What's with the eyes? *Contains Spoiler!*

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gerd (last edited Sep 25, 2012 09:58AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gerd In the Dark, Chapter 10; ends with:
"And as he moved eagerly ahead into the next room, Pendergast's weapon pointing the way, he was unaware of the small pair of eyes that watched him from the darkness behind a wall tapestry: eyes that, somwhow, managed to appear both young and very old at the same time."

Who is the silent watcher?

Andreana keep reading the series...it is made clear, kinda. :)

Gerd Ah, I see.
I did have a hunch that they intended to bring in his brother at this point, but then realized that it would become too much family.
As it stands now, however, it still hurts the story, IMO.

message 4: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann The watcher is Constance Green. She appears in most books as Pendergast's ward but to find her whole story you need to visit the Preston/Childs website. They cut her whole story from the books so she remains a shadow.

message 5: by Gerd (last edited Sep 26, 2012 10:20AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gerd Now, that confuses me, last time we meet her in the novel she's an inmate in a high security psychiatric ward?

I've got to say that whole part made me feel as if the authors decided in the last possible moment to change the story and simply forgot to cut that particular scene from the novel.

Argh, my eyes!
Who told those guys that to use white script on a black backdrop is a good idea?
(I think green on black is the only thing worse I ever encountered...)

Tracey Thank you for asking this..that really left me hanging! I thought maybe it was the brother as well.

message 7: by Ken (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ken Pelham Constance was introduced very carefully and methodically into the series. She was essentially the product of Leng's experiments. Her role grows over the series and she becomes a tragic figure. Gerd, I'm not sure you're reading the novels in sequence. She appears first in Cabinet of Curiosities...not in the one in which she's incarcerated.

Tracey Thanks for the new info Ken!

Gerd Ken wrote: "Constance was introduced very carefully and methodically into the series. She was essentially the product of Leng's experiments. Her role grows over the series and she becomes a tragic figure..."

Oh, so Cabinet is kind of part of a cycle then?

message 10: by Ken (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ken Pelham Yeah. Visit the authors' website to see the sequence of the novels. You learn just a little bit more about Special Agent Pendergast (and his weird family) in each novel, too.

message 11: by Rita (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rita This book is the one that had me hooked on the Pendergast series. now I can not stop reading all there books. I am waiting for the new one to come out.. I can't wait...

message 12: by Ken (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ken Pelham Rita wrote: "This book is the one that had me hooked on the Pendergast series. now I can not stop reading all there books. I am waiting for the new one to come out.. I can't wait..."

Hi, Rita: do you have a favorite? I think Thunderhead is at the top of my list.

message 13: by Rita (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rita Ken wrote: "Rita wrote: "This book is the one that had me hooked on the Pendergast series. now I can not stop reading all there books. I am waiting for the new one to come out.. I can't wait..."

Hi, Rita: do ..."

Not really, they were all good. It would be very hard to pick one.. I read alot and in my free time thats all i do. but when i don't have a book i'm lost...Trying to find other books to read while i wait for the new one to come out. do u know of any??

message 14: by Ken (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ken Pelham Rita wrote: "Ken wrote: "Rita wrote: "This book is the one that had me hooked on the Pendergast series. now I can not stop reading all there books. I am waiting for the new one to come out.. I can't wait..."

H..."

Rita wrote: "Ken wrote: "Rita wrote: "This book is the one that had me hooked on the Pendergast series. now I can not stop reading all there books. I am waiting for the new one to come out.. I can't wait..."

H..."

I hear BRIGANDS KEY is not too bad. ;)