What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA book, ghost mystery, haunted one room school house, female protagonist /s

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 15 comments girl has to move to a new place (for the summer?) because her father is working on a book (about war experiences?) and he is having severe writer's block. she starts to explore around and meets another girl who seems to have troubles at home. while exploring a forest area? she comes across a one-room school house (abandoned). she starts asking around about the house. apparently their was a fire at the school house (in her parent's generation) where someone died. she keeps going back to the school house and sees a ghost there (with a blue hair ribbon?)...eventually, she's at the school house and its on fire again and the ghost is kind of preventing her from leaving..something happens and she's saved and the ghost seems to have moved on...

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) This sounds like something that might have been written in the 1970s - would you guess that's likely?

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 15 comments could be. i read it in the 90s but I found it in a used book store so it would have been written in the 70s or 80s...also, i think the ghost was actually from her grandparents generation (like her grandma might of actually known her or something) not her parents

message 4: by Fehryn (new)

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 15 comments Nope. thanks for thinking about it though!

message 6: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 29, 2013 01:56PM) (new)

Elizabeth Case (bethtoons) | 18 comments Out of the Dark? Not much in the GR blurb, but amazon mentions a parent writer and abandoned school house in the woods and a grandparent link.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 15 comments that's it! i don't even need to read the description of it because i recognize the cover. thanks so much!!!

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6961 comments Mod
Congrats Laura. DO you think this is ready to be moved to solved or do you want to wait til you find a copy of the book?

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 15 comments Go ahead and move it, I already ordered a copy on amazon. Thanks!

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6961 comments Mod
Ok, and congrats again Laura.