What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA book, dragons, pearl, female protagonist /s

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 15 comments Primarily remember the beginning scenes: girl who works as a servant in the home of a wealthy person in a village. the wealth person's son and her fall in love (or at least she does). he has to marry someone else or maybe she gets pregnant...she ends up leaving. at some point she gets caught up with this dragon who is looking for something (pearl?) and ends up helping the dragons...ends with a kind of unfinished feel.

cover had a chinese style dragon on it

message 2: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (luv2write12) | 138 comments I doubt this is it, but a suggestion...Dragonflight? I'm looking through the list of books with dragons now to see if any of these fit your book.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1378 comments Yeah, I doubt Dragonflight as well (are there even pearls mentioned in Pern novels?)

I've got another one it's not, set in modern times (ie: no village) and female is a shapeshfter - and no pregnancy - the forced to leave is something unrelated to the guy (ie: bad, evil shapeshifter, begone!)

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6961 comments Mod
Nope, no pearls in Marisa's suggestion. And no way is it that anyway, because the dragons on Pern look nothing like an Oriental dragon.

When exactly did you read this Laura?

message 5: by Rony (new)

Rony (ronyace) | 11 comments Could it be Eon, by Alison Goodman. I've read the first two books, the second being Eona. I don't want to give away any spoilers but look it up. It's about dragons, pearls,and a girl servant who ends up being the only one who can help the dragons.

Good luck

message 6: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (luv2write12) | 138 comments The link for Rony's suggestion: Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Laura hasn't been active since February of this year. So she may not respond to our posts.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 15 comments It's definitely not Eon: Dragoneye Reborn since it looks like it was published in 2008 and I definitely read this in the 90s. Thanks for the suggestion though!

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Laura--GR isn't great at having the correct date for the first publishing of a book. Usually it's the last time the book was published. And, having said that--sometimes they are right, sometimes not right.

message 10: by Serendi (new)

Serendi This amazon page has some info: http://www.amazon.com/Eon-Alison-Good...

It's listed as a reprint edition in 2010 and it was first published in Australia, plus a reviewer says it was published under four different names. An out of print version is called Two Pearls of Wisdom.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 15 comments i think i'm going to have to read this book to say yay or nay. i'll post back once i've done so.

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (silentrequiem) | 87 comments Sounds like it could be one of the Dragon books by Laurence Yep. Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_(...

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 15 comments wow, i think it might be the first one in that series, Dragon of the Lost Sea. I'm going to buy and I'll let you know if I'm right. Thanks!

message 14: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (silentrequiem) | 87 comments I think your description sounds more like Book 2, given your memory of the servant girl.

The entire series is very good and worth a read.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura (scistarz) | 15 comments Yes, It was Dragon of the Lost Sea by Laurence Yep!!Thanks for all the help. By the way, I read the other suggestion "EON" and it was also good even if it wasn't what I was thinking of.