The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Borderlands 2

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Anybody playing it?

I'm aldenoneil on PS3, a level 5 Gunzerker, and I have little to no idea what I'm doing.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Craft (vigroco) | 20 comments I'm playing it on PC and am a level 24 Gunzerker. I sort of have an idea of what I'm doing. The main thing is to just have fun. Playing with friends really helps, especially since the entire game is designed around co-op.

Read through the ability trees and figure out how you want to play. The great thing about the game is you can play with whatever style you choose.

message 3: by Kamil (new)

Kamil | 372 comments the good thing about games like this? you can simply walk around

message 4: by aldenoneil (last edited Sep 25, 2012 10:32AM) (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments I played through the original, but alone, and decided to jump into multiplayer right away with the sequel. Things move so fast I'm starting and finishing quests without knowing why, and meanwhile I'm trying to remember how to swap weapons.

But, yes, I'm having fun. If anyone's playing on PS3, join me, and be gentle.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I really want to play this, I really enjoyed the first one but my boyfriend and fellow game playmate didnt and I would prefer to play co op, what to do :P. I will probably wait till it is on offer on steam anyway at christmas and maybe have a go single player.

message 6: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) aldenoneil wrote: "I played through the original, but alone, and decided to jump into multiplayer right away with the sequel. Things move so fast I'm starting and finishing quests without knowing why"

I had this happen too. Which I didn't like. I always like experiencing the story, or being the one who turns in and reading the quest log and junk like that. Which is why I mostly play single player for this. I did start a new character, though, and since I've already played the first part alone, I didn't mind missing the story for the second play through.

So, if you're like me, play it alone for the story, and co-op when you finish.

message 7: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (gorro) | 1582 comments Gorro777 on Xbox. Level 7 commando class. Loved the original.

message 8: by Ezra (new)

Ezra Farber | 26 comments I'm "livin it EZ" on xbox live, and I totally hear what you guys are saying. If you just hop into an online co-op game, odds are that your co-op companions will go faster than you like (ie less plot, less hunting for secrets, less deliberation over gear setups). Anybody want to play it in a more coordinated fashion? Send me a friend request!