All things Halloween discussion

Love the month of October

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Snookie (new)

Snookie (akashaheart) | 1 comments Every year I await the month of October as long as I can remember. The spooky movies that come on. Haunted houses open up, Fright Fest I get all giddy inside thinking about where to go dragging my teenage sister along for all the spooky hay rides and being chased by zombies and undead .Arguing ok who is going to be in front of the line oh but the middle spot is most prized because you have a since of false security. Even at 38 I'm like my kids ready to scare and be scared.

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnoftimebc) Dawn B. I always try to read seasonal horror/thriller books. This month so far I've read The Haunting of Hill House, Death makes a holiday: a Cultural history of Halloween, Speaks the Nightbird, and a Night in Lonesome October. I have just started Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie. I have made a shelf on my profile of all the Halloween themed books I could find listed on goodreads and amazon searches. (very strick on this particular shelf, they have to be specifically about Halloween or take place on Halloween, i.e. no Frankenstein or Dracula) Feel free to peruse them ;)

message 3: by Kara (new)

Kara Skinner (Lover's Quarrel Reviews) | 4 comments Haunted houses has always been my one of my favorite parts of the month of October. I also like watching horror movies and reading scary stories around this time of year, too. I always end up watching The Changeling at some point, and this month I've been reading some Halloween stories. My favorite one so far is The Ghost of Young Nick's Head, which I've been reading on Booktrack, which is now one of my favorite reading sites, because you get background music to go along with the story. My plan this Halloween is to read all the spooky stories posted with the lights out and a bowl of popcorn. :-)